We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Line Rider - SIAMÉS - "The Wolf"

3 posters

Go down

Line Rider - SIAMÉS - "The Wolf" Empty Line Rider - SIAMÉS - "The Wolf"

Post by Ollie Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:30 am

https://youtu.be/hESwjo_A_-Y

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Line Rider - SIAMÉS - "The Wolf" Empty Re: Line Rider - SIAMÉS - "The Wolf"

Post by Rafael Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:34 am

Awesome coding, but this leaves me wondering. What's the benefit of doing this instead of just puting animation over a track?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:23 am

I guess to me this project has a benefit over just overlaying an animation because it shows what Line Rider is capable of animation-wise and doesn't require any client mods or super fancy editing. The way I see it, this is the mid-ground between blatantly overlaying videos in edit, and hand drawing videos frame by frame. Once the tool is released (still a fair bit of work to do and a whole interface to develop) people will be able to add their own animations to their tracks with a click of a button.

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:19 am

Wow, this is really impressive!
I love what you've managed to do. Just out of interest, now long did it take for your code to draw out each frame? Or the whole thing?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ollie Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:04 pm

I've spent around 100 hours or so on the code and research, but the script itself can generate tracks up to 4 million lines (larger files won't load reliably) in around 5 minutes or so. For reference animation-wise, I've had single frames for 240p videos come out at less than 400 lines a frame, allowing for potentially 10,000 frames to fit into a single track file which works out to around 4 minutes at 40fps.

Ollie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down