We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Composers topic

+10
Sheldon
Chuggers
Conundrumer
rabid squirrel
anton
rich
Lukking
SPL4SHZ0N3
OTDE
ScrungleBlumpkus
14 posters

Go down

Composers topic Empty Composers topic

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:29 pm

Name a Line Rider composer you enjoy, bias and personal preference especially encouraged, and discuss their influence on the community, tracks, personality, history, quotes, memories, etc.!

Can be anyone involved here or even loosely tied followers! Can be famous, lesser known, controversial, active, inactive, old or new. I like to discuss our opinions and such.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Composers topic Empty Re: Composers topic

Post by OTDE Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:30 pm

I fukken love Ride Liner and I have zero idea why.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:38 am

Aspi for his attention to detail and discipline with line form. Literally every single well was spaced so that the pulled contact point was at the end of the well, without being a non-contact well. Personally I think he did this because it made the wells look stronger, but that's just speculation. You have to admire his commitment to form and style.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:24 am

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:Aspi for his attention to detail and discipline with line form.  Literally every single well was spaced so that the pulled contact point was at the end of the well, without being a non-contact well.  Personally I think he did this because it made the wells look stronger, but that's just speculation. You have to admire his commitment to form and style.

what's funny is that this actually sacrifices power for aesthetic! I have a feeling he was aware that it could look stronger that way without actually being that way. Much harder to fling that way.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:11 am

i like the pure creativity of anomalys/georgs last tracks!
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:17 am

Anomaly 76, for is swinging hip hop form. He completely controlled the groove of bosh.
Bjerre. Blends? Anything else have to be said? Really, just greatly, well rounded tracks.
Wtb. Anchor is a prime example; I think I've watched Anchor at least 60 times.
Ktk, omega blew my mind when it came out. I'm still praying for omega scene'd.
Conundrummer. I constantly veiw his tracks. The amount of knowledge that is immersed into the tracks is astounding. It's the most self-aware bosh control. Also gave me a ton of advice when I first started playing linerider over at .org. Gratitude extends completely for him.
Znf. Virtuous Light. (And everything you've made.)
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:44 am

chuggers ez. Flow for daaaays. Underrated. Don't mean to suck his dick in broad daylight, but his tracks always seem to have that little extra.
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:22 am

CC for minimalist scenery and storytelling.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:06 pm

I like myself Smile

gaoyubao for his higher level technicalities (have you seen his references???)
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:11 pm

i think my all-time favorite has to be either iggb or hedge

the fling quirk section of blue champion has yet to be matched in terms of movement and pacing, its just plain geinus

as for hedge, i mean we just wouldnt be where we are now without him
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:15 am

I feel like if Hedge only knew where we are now with quirk, he'd be playing still
KW probably has a hard time staying away, what with all we know now.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue May 03, 2016 11:46 pm

splash is probably the biggest influence on my trackmaking today, I'd dare to say he has the best flow of all time

actually now that i think about it, splash is probably my favorite trackmaker of all time, i remember watching his streams back in the day and being so amazed by what he was making

i do hope he releases more
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed May 04, 2016 2:12 am

Dapianokid wrote:I feel like if Hedge only knew where we are now with quirk, he'd be playing still
KW probably has a hard time staying away, what with all we know now.
Hedge does know where we are with quirk. he has seen many tracks released this year or last year. He seems to really be into calligraphy though
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Wed May 04, 2016 2:39 pm

You know who I think is really cool?

Apple//Shua.

Dude takes all the risks more fearlessly than I could ever imagine. Sometimes it doesn't work, and that's okay, because when it does, the payoff is MASSIVE. He's got a creative mind that I envy like nobody's biz.

Props.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed May 04, 2016 3:59 pm

Kramwood/Aspi/Hedge are easily the most talented players for their respective times. So damn good.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Wed May 04, 2016 5:07 pm

Pure5152's tracks are just a joy to watch.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Thu May 05, 2016 1:15 am

I think inspiration-wise, my favorite track makers over the years have been Anomaly76, Rabid, LRG, GeorgioJC, Lukking, OTDE, and Gaoyubao. 

I was amazed when I saw Anomaly's tracks for the first time. They were so lively and bouncy, and he had this way of editing his videos that always made me happy. The music was always a mix of really cool and funny ad the same time, and his trademark title slides he always used! I just really enjoyed every one of his tracks. I still go back to his channel and watch MOJO when I need inspiration.

Rabid's tracks were the tracks that got me into the scenery game (that didn't last long). I was blown away by bolted to the wall when I saw it the first time. You know how it has those words in it that say things like "And then there were manuals!" Those signs expressed my emotion during the entire thing. I hadn't seen much like that before and it was very impressive to me.

LRG introduced me to insane scenery. Mount Abstractia will always be one of my favorite tracks ever. When it came out, I listened to the song constantly. Every day. For weeks. Months. I still do. I love that song. Specifically because I liked that track so much. Breathtaking Silence as well, but I liked Mount Abstractia more. And Roses & Violets! Also, one of my all time favorite tracks. Same thing with that song, too. LRG has had a strangely significant impact on my music tastes. 

GeorgioJC changed how I wanted to play the game. He had some of the best manual tracks of the time. They were so smooth and he just did manual tracks different in a good way. Also, a lot of his videos started out with him doing some sort of flip or skateboarding trick before the track started. He is partially the reason I picked up freerunning in 8th and 9th grade.

Lukking got me back into the game with Catgroove, so all of the videos in my signature could not have happened without him here. He's great at so many styles, but I think he really hit it out of the park with Catgroove. The little animation at the end was the inspiration for the animation in my track Marble Soda, and the music sync was great, and everything else. I dunno, that track is easily a top 5 track of all time in my mind. He has other amazing tracks, but this is my favorite.

OTDE actually scared me bad with Come to Daddy. It was very late and I was alone in a dimly lit room with headphones on. And I scare easy. Didn't expect any of it to scare me, but for some reason it did. All of his recent videos are just fantastic. Along with being amazing at adding feeling to his track, he's a wonderful track maker. I feel like both of these are summed up well in Funk. It's so hard to look away. Also, he's great at coming up with track names.

Gaoyubao might be my favorite track maker right now. I can't do what he does, but if I could pick any one person's skill to just have, I think it would be his. Very interesting tracks, and I really like them all. Also, he adds great atmosphere to his tracks with the way he edits them. 

All of you have made tracks that have inspired me, but I can't name all of them or this would be very very long. Opal, Orth, Sheldon, so many good ones.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu May 05, 2016 1:47 am

I can't believe nobody here has mentioned TechDawg. Probably the main inspiration for why I got in "deep" with Line Rider. He just went and made epic scenery tracks for no reason besides wanting to make art with Line Rider and I find that one of the most inspirational things ever.

I'm also super inspired by Conundrumer's latest stuff and OTDE's latest stuff. They both are experimenting with exploring the basics of how we make tracks, and radical thinking outside the box - not because they are trolling for attention but because they are interested in what they discover when they try these things out.

I also admire gaoyubao's discipline and commitment to making thoughtful and polished works. I can always count on quality trackmaking and strong artistic intention from him.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu May 05, 2016 4:59 am

Chug's tracks have always had a special place in my heart. Looking back at Sanctuary, Cursive, Creation... I mean holy crap man xD Those tracks are all masterpieces.

TheColdRider's style was awesome. I've spent hours obsessing over how good Cascade and Quiet are.

I also feel like Inu was pretty underrated. HURL MAN, HURL.

Dammit Dap. You've made me realize once again how much better LR was back in the day.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu May 05, 2016 10:55 am

I've more than let OTDE know he was the biggest inspiration for my getting into the game. I was practically his fanboy on ELR.

Style wise, I think one of my biggest inspirations was Votale, for the early idea that bare tracks should look good on top of being technically advanced and original. Sssschiller also played a large role in this with the small doodles hidden in his tracks.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down