We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The mystery of the fakie has been solved.

+15
Rafael
Yobanjojoe
Hedgehogs4Me
rabid squirrel
TheRevTastic
Chui Ninji
Conundrumer
Wolf_Spirit
Helios Pavonine
efrazable
LineMagiX
Chuggers
Wizzy
SPL4SHZ0N3
[senpai] kevans
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The mystery of the fakie has been solved. Empty The mystery of the fakie has been solved.

Post by [senpai] kevans Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:42 pm

Well, at least what really causes it if you were wondering.
So, we all know what a fakie is, right? Something skews the contact points in such a manner that it causes the rider to sink into the line, and rotate counter clockwise. But, what causes that?

The contact points in the sled are not calculated by the same math functions as say the hands, feet, butt, or shoulder. They run on a similar independent function. This function does not allow the points to freely move depending on the momentum. Meaning, they only move when interacting with a line, rather than influenced by a shockwave when hitting a line. Which also means, they're practically locked into place.
So, while in a fakie, something interesting happens with the points, obviously... The upper nose and bottom nose switch. Which look like this: EDIT: I just realized I labeled the points incorrectly, switch them around.
The mystery of the fakie has been solved. Points_zps55a6947f

So why does it sink? Simple, the lower peg and upper nose are responsible for the rotation of the sled.
So why does Bosh rotate counter clockwise? Simple, the upper nose wants to return back to it's position, so it tries to rotate back. But because of its "Locked position", it causes all the other points to rotate with it. So, only way to fix it is to have it hit a line or gwell in such a way it fixes it.

This also explains why flanuals are possible, and tend to result in fakies, because the pull causes the nose points to switch, as seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFAsTrB1XHo

(maybe I should come out of inactivity, I keep finding stuff out ;-; )

Last edited by kevansevans on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the fakie has been solved. Empty Re: The mystery of the fakie has been solved.

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:03 pm

but where's the butt?
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

The mystery of the fakie has been solved. Empty Re: The mystery of the fakie has been solved.

Post by Wizzy Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:01 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:but where's the butt?

Spoiler:
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:23 am

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:but where's the butt?

I'm working on those lines, just didn't get to them at that point in time.

Noted, I'll make sure both feet are indicated.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:52 pm

Kramwood wrote:Haha helios I win.

actually I win
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 am

Fakie says, "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:27 am

~boo wrote:Fakie says, "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
WIN
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:22 am

Kramwood wrote:Haha helios I win.
I don't get it...
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 pm

I never said you were wrong though. xD
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:49 pm

~boo wrote:Fakie says, "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

Fakie wrote:And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!
8D
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Fakie wrote:And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!

Kids? For one, I'm 18, and where I live, that's a legal adult. Second, I am a single person. Allow me to fix this:

Fakie wrote:And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling adult figure!

Kramwood wrote:you said I was wrong about the feet cause there was only one foot contact point when in reality there are two, because mhenr is dumb.

Don't blame Mhenr dude, they way he set it up, he wouldn't of know it wold poorly illustrate the points. And he's a hell a lot smarter than I am.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:15 pm

kevansevans wrote:

Kids? For one, I'm 18, and where I live, that's a legal adult. Second, I am a single person. Allow me to fix this:

Fakie wrote:And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling adult figure!
Wait, what? If this is a joke it's going way over my head.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Clearly kevans has never seen Scooby Doo. Or if he has, he didn't get the joke. Or he's just really not too good at making his own joke.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 pm

Chui Ninji wrote:Clearly kevans has never seen Scooby Doo. Or if he has, he didn't get the joke. Or he's just really not too good at making his own joke.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:23 am

TheRevTastic wrote:
Chui Ninji wrote:Clearly kevans has never seen Scooby Doo. Or if he has, he didn't get the joke. Or he's just really not too good at making his own joke.
probably all three
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
probably all three
Kevans is in a quantum superposition of both having seen and not having seen Scooby Doo.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:57 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
probably all three
Kevans is in a quantum superposition of both having seen and not having seen Scooby Doo.

LOL
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:27 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
probably all three
Lmao Hedge
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:08 am

Does this make kevans a god or the devil? Or is he just a multidimensional being?
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:02 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:
TheRevTastic wrote:
probably all three
My meaning is he probably has never seen scooby doo, didn't get the joke, and isn't good at making his own jokes. Not including the conditional clause ("if") since it's not really one of the three points

:|
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:02 pm

No one ever catches my sarcasm ;-;
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:07 pm

kevansevans wrote:No one ever catches my sarcasm ;-;
The mystery of the fakie has been solved. Sarcasm_detector
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Why is the warm iron calorimeter in the same place as the sarcasm detector? And why is Kevans so bad at making jokes?
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Why is the sky blue?^

Better yet, what is the mystery of the fakie? Hehe
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Cereal wrote:Better yet, what is the mystery of the fakie? Hehe
The reason why he spins in a circle while in a fakie, I'd assume.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next