We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Trick ~ Rolling Fling

+17
Conundrumer
Sheldon
Summoning
efrazable
pure5152
Wizzy
[senpai] kevans
Cereal
Chui Ninji
Kohuda
SPL4SHZ0N3
Georgio_jc
Opal Rider
Rafael
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
Fauxfyre
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Trick ~ Rolling Fling - Page 2 Empty Re: New Trick ~ Rolling Fling

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:11 pm

This trick isn't new.

LRFB wrote:G-Roll:(Trick): A series of G-wells that make bosh "roll" in the air. Great for visual effects if done right.

Because LRFB is the only place where these "definitions" are actually written down.

No where on that says a groll is a chain of wells, or they slow him down, just a series of wells.

Quit [censored] guys.

Sorry Shotoku, but it does look bad ass, try to keep it going
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 pm

Do we have a thread for LR terminology by any chance?
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm not trying to get attention, I'm not trying to look cool, I just wanted to show everybody something cool that I have never ever seen before that they can use in their tracks. Can we compromise at fling/g-roll combo or something? Just working with this it feels more like a fling than anything. I'll post a video later of this trick extended to hopefully convince all of you.

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Wizzy wrote:Do we have a thread for LR terminology by any chance?

not needed

https://sites.google.com/site/lrflashbackup/dictionary
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Thanks, kevan. This is actually awesome.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:^To those saying a groll is a fling and speeds him up, then make an upward groll that speeds him up...

Factor in gravity when considering if something "speeds up slows down"
truth
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:37 pm

pure5152 wrote:
SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:^To those saying a groll is a fling and speeds him up, then make an upward groll that speeds him up...
Challenge Accepted!

I'm using pop lines :|
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:53 am

Okay after looking back I can agree that this is a g-roll, although it is mostly a fling. I can call middle-ground at groll-fling combo or something along those lines, but that is basically the same as calling it rolling fling.
Still not convinced on its fling nature? I'm working on a full 360 loop with this trick that will display its uniqueness completely, so watch out for that coming in a week or so.
I would also like to stress I have never seen anything looking like this, so I am still going to call it a new trick.
That is where I leave it until I post my next video.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:30 am

Shotoku wrote:Okay after looking back I can agree that this is a g-roll, although it is mostly a fling. I can call middle-ground at groll-fling combo or something along those lines, but that is basically the same as calling it rolling fling.
Still not convinced on its fling nature? I'm working on a full 360 loop with this trick that will display its uniqueness completely, so watch out for that coming in a week or so.
I would also like to stress I have never seen anything looking like this, so I am still going to call it a new trick.
That is where I leave it until I post my next video.
Shotoku, it's not that we don't understand, we don't agree. I see why it's different from other grolls, but it's just a groll with line boosting. If the wells weren't there, he would've rotated less quickly. Therefore, it's a groll. In a fling only one contact point is used (that's a characterestic), and your groll contains nothing that isn't a characterisctic of a groll. I believe you can loop this, but it's not a new trick.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:32 am

Did you guys know we play a game called Line Rider?
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOya9-lwQk#t=2m34s
Consider this my apology. Happy Thursday New Trick ~ Rolling Fling - Page 2 I am still calling this a new fling though

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Everyone STFU, you guys are badgering him with technicality and frankly what you call it does not matter.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 pm

it's all good, there really isnt a right or wrong answer because like kevan said there are no (agreed upon) written down definitions of most of the stuff in lr. Most of what we talk about is just what's generally acceptable, so all the tricks are loosely bound.

I love you guys. <3

LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 pm

Shotoku wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QOya9-lwQk#t=2m34s
Consider this my apology. Happy Thursday New Trick ~ Rolling Fling - Page 2 I am still calling this a new fling though
No need to apology. Just a discussion xD <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm

The trick might not be new, but the execution of the trick is new. As far as I know, people haven't multi-lined gwells yet, before this.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:33 am

I always thought that was a reverse g-roll
and I remember when I was like "RIDE LINER HAO U DO SO MANY REVERSE GROLLS"
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:07 am

~boo wrote:it's all good, there really isnt a right or wrong answer because like kevan said there are no (agreed upon) written down definitions of most of the stuff in lr. Most of what we talk about is just what's generally acceptable, so all the tricks are loosely bound.

I love you guys. <3

Wait I don't understand, isn't that what the LRWiki is for? That link kevan just gave me... I'm pretty sure we could all agree on those definitions.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 am

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:The trick might not be new, but the execution of the trick is new. As far as I know, people haven't multi-lined gwells yet, before this.
lol, I thought is was a known fact that lineboosting gwells worked..
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:48 am

Rafael wrote:
SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:The trick might not be new, but the execution of the trick is new. As far as I know, people haven't multi-lined gwells yet, before this.

Sure people might "know" that, but when do you see it?
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 am

Georgio_jc wrote:terminology for line rider = stupid
qft
Plus I don't understand most of the terminology
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 am

Dat moment when you realize the wiki needs to be more specific.

Anyone wanna join? Inverted Onoz
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:15 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:Dat moment when you realize the terminology is just a major source of fights and complaints
Fixed
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:06 am

roflmaoqwerty wrote:
Helios Pavonine wrote:Dat moment when you realize the terminology is just a major source of fights and complaints
Fixed
QFT
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:45 pm

kevansevans wrote:
Wizzy wrote:Do we have a thread for LR terminology by any chance?

not needed

https://sites.google.com/site/lrflashbackup/dictionary

This is literally Hitler. Not really, but I love getting overly upset about things. Major fights and complaints time!

1) It's alternating fling, not alternative fling. It's still alternative quirk, though.
2) BOSH. IS. NOT. A. PENGUIN.'
3) Butt is not "unused" by any means. I see it all the time, or at least I used to. I don't follow LR as much as before, but surely this was written back when I would see it all the time. It's certainly used more than 2nd peg for gwells, with the possible exception of grolls.
4) A chain does not have to be every frame. It's a series of gwells that's not a fling. An every-frame chain has to be every frame.
5) If contact points were imaginary, we'd all be locked up in an insane asylum by now. That being said, I actually was for a bit.
6) Double peg is not a manual. I believe some people call it a grind, but I just call it ಠ_ಠ.
7) Most foot flings don't actually use both feet. It's actually more difficult to use both feet because they tend to separate quite quickly. The same thing goes for the hands.
8) The flatsled "style" doesn't disallow manuals. It just has to be primarily flatsled. This should be obvious.
9) Flatsled - the trick - doesn't necessarily involve the foot. It is not frowned upon.
10) Not all flings speed Bosh up, and not all chains slow him down. They just use lines that are slanted so that he would speed up if there weren't other considerations (gravity, squishy accel, etc).
11) Not all flings are every other frame. However, when learning them, you're taught to do every other frame because that's how it usually works best. Some counterclock limit flings can be every frame and still have their lines tilted the right way, and sometimes invshoulder flings work best with every third or every fourth frame (I have one in CF3 that's every fourth frame).
12) A flanual does not have to be a manual, despite the name. The same thing goes for granuals. That's where it's derived from, yes, but the definition has since expanded.
13) A flanual doesn't speed him up "as in a fling" it speeds him *because it includes a fling*. It's a fling with a baseline.
14) "Fling" is alphabetically after "flanual".

I won't argue with your definition of flow. No one wants that to happen.

15) I've never heard the term "gravity quirk" used. Mind you, it makes sense, but I usually hear "all-gwell" instead. Keep in mind that, due to the fact that the definition of a gravity well is a really slippery one, we probably shouldn't be changing the term used before people wake up and smell the coffee.
16) Grinds also have a slippery definition. The word is also sometimes used for fakie flatsledding (where part of his sled appears to be under the line) and, I believe, double-pegged tailies. I have also never heard them "nicknamed", but maybe that's just me.

I'm not going to argue that a gwell is an exploit and not a glitch. That argument is almost as overdone as the toy/game argument. Just... whatever.

17) I've never heard "on his crotch" when referring to the hands. I've heard "down" and "down position" most often. Also, up-position tailies are possible.
18) Head riding is NOT a failed head manual. It was proved long ago that the shoulder-2ndpeg variation sped him up, and I proved in Vision that the shoulder-string variation does the same thing. It's since been used quite a bit, sometimes not even for speed. See Boo's two latest non-XY quirks.
19) I think you just pulled a number out of your ass for the high speed number. 45 is insanely slow for a highspeed track now that the speedometer has been corrected. ಠ_ಠ
20) Typo: "Kramual:(Trick/Glitch): When Bosh collides with a perfectly horizontal or vertical at a specific speed". Also, it depends on frame alignment, not just speed, as evidenced by speedlining happening at slower speeds than some kramuals.
21) That manual definition is bogus. Just say it's when he appears to be balancing on one point, even when it's actually multiple contact points. Otherwise flatsledding is a manual. But, yes, it's a slippery definition, just like gwells.
22) Manual tracks can have gwells. Halcyon is not a quirk or manuquirk.
23) Manuquirk is not a more manual-heavy version of progressive quirk. That's ridiculous. Progressive quirk is quirk with an alt style that isn't actually alt quirk, as much as it's been bastardized to mean other things.

I'm bored. Will continue later.

EDIT:
SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:
Rafael wrote:

Sure people might "know" that, but when do you see it?
Cheetah.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:22) Manual tracks can have gwells. Halcyon is not a quirk or manuquirk.

Debatable.

I'd say Halcyon is manuquirk.

But nice finds, nonetheless! I'm a bit lazy to edit all that, though xD
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2