We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Trick ~ Rolling Fling

+17
Conundrumer
Sheldon
Summoning
efrazable
pure5152
Wizzy
[senpai] kevans
Cereal
Chui Ninji
Kohuda
SPL4SHZ0N3
Georgio_jc
Opal Rider
Rafael
Helios Pavonine
LineMagiX
Fauxfyre
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Trick ~ Rolling Fling Empty New Trick ~ Rolling Fling

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Legit no hax

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shotoku on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

New Trick ~ Rolling Fling Empty Re: New Trick ~ Rolling Fling

Post by LineMagiX Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:14 pm

done it. but actually made like 3 wells of each kind so it was like an evolving/rolling fling, but constant. yours is more of a groll, even though it's every other frame.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:16 pm

~boo wrote:done it. but actually made like 3 wells of each kind so it was like an evolving/rolling fling, but constant. yours is more of a groll, even though it's every other frame.
I don't quite understand. Show me a video or something. I just think it's new because I have never seen it done on any LR track. As far as I know grolls aren't flings, and this is a fling.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:22 pm

like an evolving fling, but the wells have a counter-rotation, and there's more than just one well during each contact point (sequence)

edit: but yea this is an every other frame groll, i guess you could call it a rolling fling if you want though.

Last edited by ~boo on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:24 pm

.Sol please

EDIT: Yours isn't a fling either, Shotoku.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:31 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1foebbad1hpbajp

What makes it not a fling? Maybe I just misunderstand what a groll is :|

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 pm

A fling exists out of at least 4 g-wells of the same type. A groll is every frame. An every-other-frame groll we call an every-other-frame groll. An evolving fling exists out of multiple flings.

Right? xD
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:40 pm

^ya pretty much, but i dont like the "at least" rule so i go by..

A fling is a fling, a groll is a groll. also grolls dont have to be every frame, they rarely are.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:43 pm

~boo wrote:^ya pretty much, but i dont like the "at least" rule so i go by..

A fling is a fling, a groll is a groll. also grolls dont have to be every frame, they rarely are.
Actually, most of the time they are (at least in modern tracks).
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Still, even if we call this like "single-direction every-other-frame groll (sdeofg for short)" this is a new thing right? I'm just more inclined to call this a fling than a groll because groll slow him down and the wells face in multiple directions, this can speeds him up and is in one direction. Also looks more like a fling than a groll when you look at it IMO.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:50 pm

A groll can speed him up and the wells can face in one direction (EoLR). It looks more like a groll than a fling, because it is one.

lol, LR terminology debate.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Okay I don't really care what this is called, I'm calling it a Rolling Fling anyone else can call it whatever.
I'm just making sure this is a new thing because I have never seen multilining flings and/or grolls done before, and certainly not like what I did

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:10 pm

That's true, multiline flings have never been done before and I don't think we were sure of the fact that red lines actually do something; thanks to you, now we know. Smile
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:17 pm

Groll.
Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUwXDV1FiVc Same trick.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Whatever happened to the speeding up slowing down rule that we used to have for flings and chains?
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:09 pm

terminology for line rider = stupid
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Rafael wrote:Groll.
Okay, well I can see the similarities, but there are major differences in the behavior. Grolls slow him down a ton, unlike my trick where he continues to gain speed. That's why I'd rather call mine a fling because although it looks like a groll it acts more like a fling.
Grolls need the wells to continue getting sharper to keep him rotating, where rolling flings rely on red lines for rotation (which is also why he doesn't lose as much speed). That makes the wells focus more on directing Bosh than just rotating him.
Also a big difference is that mine can go in loops like a fling, whereas a groll cannot. I'll make another video to show you later today or tomorrow.

Last edited by Shotoku on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Shotoku wrote:
Okay, well I can see the similarities, but there are major differences in the behavior. Grolls slow him down a ton, unlike my trick where he continues to gain speed. That's why I'd rather call mine a fling because although it looks like a groll it acts more like a fling.
Grolls need the wells to continue getting sharper to keep him rotating, where rotating flings rely on red lines for rotation (which is also why he doesn't lose as much speed). That makes the wells focus more on directing Bosh than just rotating him.
Also a big difference is that mine can go in loops like a fling, whereas a groll cannot. I'll make another video to show you later today or tomorrow.
Slowing down is not a characteristic of a groll. A groll is a series of wells that make bosh rotate more quickly than he would in airtime. Nothing more.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:38 pm

Rafael wrote:
Shotoku wrote:
Grolls need the wells to continue getting sharper to keep him rotating, where rotating flings rely on red lines for rotation (which is also why he doesn't lose as much speed). That makes the wells focus more on directing Bosh than just rotating him.
Slowing down is not a characteristic of a groll. A groll is a series of wells that make bosh rotate more quickly than he would in airtime. Nothing more.
Bosh naturally slows down in a groll because of how a groll is. The angles need to continue to get sharper, the wells are focused on rotating Bosh, so he loses speed as a side effect.
In rolling flings, he continues to gain inertia because the wells make him move forward more, like in a fling. Rotation is just caused by the red on the line, not by the actual gravity well itself.
Rafael wrote:A groll is a series of wells that make bosh rotate more quickly than he would in airtime. Nothing more.
If this is what a groll is, then a rotating fling is not a groll. I'll say it once more to clarify, in rolling flings the wells do not rotate him at all, it is the red.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 pm

Shotoku wrote:
Rafael wrote:A groll is a series of wells that make bosh rotate more quickly than he would in airtime. Nothing more.
If this is what a groll is, then a rotating fling is not a groll. I'll say it once more to clarify, the wells do not rotate him at all, it is the red.
Wells that aren't made in an angle you describe can still have an effect on the rotation. And still, the well is making him rotate faster. No denying that.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:49 pm

Rafael wrote:
Shotoku wrote:
If this is what a groll is, then a rolling fling is not a groll. I'll say it once more to clarify, the wells do not rotate him at all, it is the red.
Wells that aren't made in an angle you describe can still have an effect on the rotation. And still, the well is making him rotate faster. No denying that.
The main rotation in grolls comes from the wells, rolling flings get theirs from the red on the lines. Every fling rotates him at least a little by itself, I think we're both going to discuss any significant force acting on Bosh to make him rotate more than usual. I can get screenshots of grolls if you'd like me to point out what I mean by the gradually sharper angles in grolls compared to what I did

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:59 pm

^To those saying a groll is a fling and speeds him up, then make an upward groll that speeds him up...

Factor in gravity when considering if something "speeds up slows down"
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Georgio_jc wrote:terminology for line rider = stupid

I dunno man, I'm not sure how I'd talk about tracks with the words flings, manuals and flanuals
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:15 pm

This isn't new.... in any way whatsoever. >.> That's like using multiline in a manual and saying it isn't a manual, but a new trick. It's still a manual, only you multilined.

This is still a groll, only you multilined.

I'd also like to mention, it's really neat and cool that you're trying to do new things, but 1) don't make a thread about said new thing asking if it's a new thing, because you'll get hate 90% of the time, 2) don't do it just because you think making a new thing will get you somewhere, and 3) just release it in a baller track, and assume that it's a new thing. Then everyone's happy.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Chui Ninji wrote:This isn't new.... in any way whatsoever. >.> That's like using linebooting in a manual and saying it isn't a manual, but a new trick. It's still a manual, only you lineboosted.

This is still a groll, only you lineboosted.

I'd also like to mention, it's really neat and cool that you're trying to do new things, but 1) don't make a thread about said new thing asking if it's a new thing, because you'll get hate 90% of the time, 2) don't do it just because you think making a new thing will get you somewhere, and 3) just release it in a baller track, and assume that it's a new thing. Then everyone's happy.

ftfy
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next