We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu

+9
LineRiderGjert
Bubbles
LineMagiX
LineBenji
baconat0r
Purtle
ACwazHere
Ktk
rabid squirrel
13 posters

Go down

eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu Empty eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:05 am

So... in September 2007, I released Dark Tech Tunnelz. Ram Tzu liked my scenery, so he PMed me with the .sol of Bushido, asking if I would be willing to scene it. I immediately scened it at a lightning fast pace and finished it in just under 2 years! I have skillz, no? That makes it the most epically procrastinated track in the history of line rider. 8D

This happens to be the largest XY scenery project to date, at 12,068 lines. (Though it is soon to be owned by Bubbles) I had fun making it, even if it was slow and repetitive at times (the ground was BRUTAL) It was also rather frustrating not to be able to see the results, because the .sol crashes on my comp at about 0:40 for me.

Also, note that this was made entirely in beta 2, so those lines had to be painstakingly drawn at exact right angles. Smile (no hax in this one)

Enjoy!

Be happy 8-D

Rabid Squirrel

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu Empty Re: eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu

Post by Ktk Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:07 am

Lol, good job. You finish tracks on deadlines for sure;.

the xy is still good >_>;;; the scenery is good as well. experts

Last edited by Ktk on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu Empty Re: eXpedYtion - Rabid Squirrel & Ram Tzu

Post by ACwazHere Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

I like it. I don't like the combination if the tech-ish support beams and the wood thingers, that's pretty much my only complaint. Nice work, glad you finally finished it.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:38 am

I wasn't a big fan of the techish stuff but ya.

I remember you showing me screenshots of the ground what seemed like AGES ago. You said it was semi-inspired by my X track :3.

and :o i didnt know bubbles was still workin on that XY track.

That line count would probably be destroyed if i finished my x track :p. (and mine is going to be all beta 2 6.1 as well.)
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:41 am

Oh right! I knew I left out someone from the inspiration! Sorry Purtle... *adds annotation*
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by baconat0r Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:55 am

awesome. i like the mix of scenery. it add variety.

baconat0r

Back to top Go down

Post by LineBenji Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:12 am

I don't like very much the scenery . Indeed , i'm not a fan of it but i think that you can use more shades for the background of your scenery . It's my opinion =) .
Otherwise it's a good track
LineBenji
LineBenji

https://www.youtube.com/user/LineBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:58 am

Slightly agreed with Benji. I like the scenery alot, but the platform scening wasn't really my favorite. I love the lightbulb at 1:30. I remember seeing that in SRS (LRG's version) and in a few other tracks. The tower at 1:49 was creative as well. Smile

The only thing i don't like about this is how far away the ground and sky scenery are away from the the center scenery/platforms. Since it's so far away, you had to zoom out to see it, which made it harder to focus on the scenery in the center of the track.

That's some nifty XY scening! :P
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubbles Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 am

pretty awesome, i'm guessing this was the first time you tried doing some curves xy scenery?
i'd love to see some more xy scenery tracks from you in the future (or from anyone else for that matter)

Purtle wrote:I wasn't a big fan of the techish stuff but ya.

I remember you showing me screenshots of the ground what seemed like AGES ago. You said it was semi-inspired by my X track :3.

and :o i didnt know bubbles was still workin on that XY track.

That line count would probably be destroyed if i finished my x track :p. (and mine is going to be all beta 2 6.1 as well.)

it's a different one now, check preview section
Bubbles
Bubbles

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:18 am

O.O That was freaking AMAZING! Both the scenery and the track! O.O
I love the mix of wood and tech! Very Happy The only thing I would suggest to make it even better is to have some sort of stuff in the background, if you know what i mean ;D Just like pillars or something. But it was awesome without too! And how the *beep* can that track still look good after all this time? O.o

Amazing work Rabid! Wink
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:40 am

Wood? I thought it was ambient. like clouds.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:16 am

As the original response to Jagged Peak Adventure says:

Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubcake Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:45 pm

i didn't really like the combination of the wood and tech sometimes, but at other times it worked out really well.

And lol cereal
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:00 pm

LineRiderGjert wrote:The only thing I would suggest to make it even better is to have some sort of stuff in the background, if you know what i mean ;D Just like pillars or something. But it was awesome without too! And how the *beep* can that track still look good after all this time? O.o
I actually tried to add some rain or tall trees in the background, but it failed miserably. I am NOT an artist :P I can often picture what I want to see, but it's really hard to get it to work. I guess I just like taking some meaningless lines and making them into a little world and creating a surreal experience.

And, it's because it's Ram Tzu. :P

Thanks everyone for the comments (the critique is appreciated too!)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:39 am

I like that it's slightly away from the classic X-Y scenery, I hate that stuff....:| The scenery is classic 'Rabid' scenery with the wodden thingys, I didn't really like the 'sky' too much, but the floor was awesome! Some nice pattern skills there 8D I lol'd at the little lump thing at 0:38
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by redcap Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:39 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:
Also, note that this was made entirely in beta 2, so those lines had to be painstakingly drawn at exact right angles. Smile (no hax in this one)

I feel your pain. Especially in the scening department as I am scening one of my old XY tracks as we speak.

Awesome job scening, even though it did get a bit repititive..

redcap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down