Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by rabid squirrel on Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:58 am



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbqvUWBjKjY

too busy to type a description, read it on youtube xD

It's in HD, so watch it in that if you can! and once quality permits

EDIT: I should say that the ground was scened with the pencil tool, adding 10,000 lines in about 3 hours of work :P So 34,000 lines sounds more impressive than it is.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Ktk on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:11 am

MAN

That was great high speed scenery. I loved the shards of the pillars in the highspeed parts... Like framebyframe animation there actually.

Great stuff, RS.

And, ToC?
Ktk
Ktk
Member

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Awesome manual track,

Post by hypothet on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:15 am

and great scenery. Love it.

--HG42
hypothet
hypothet
Member

don't read this


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Commandercoke on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:19 am

Intense, that's the word. You're absolutely right; simple scenery can look amazing.
I love 0:42 where he flies through that squeezed part. (It reminds me of trying to sled between some trees irl, going 'ohnoes am I going to make it?!?!') And holy crap at 0:52. That's abrilliant idea. I really felt like he just busted through those pillars. The rolling around 1 minute was awesome as well. And I love how you continued to break through those pillars. It's unfortunate that you didn't have enough time to make the tree more epic. I liked the tumbling at the end. Pretty original imo. Not technically good, but I liked it.The squirrel statue was awesome though, although I have a question; Why don't you ever seem to double line stuff? Is it just because you ran out of time? Or maybe it's just a personal preference.
You're a beast for scening or even attempting to this track in 10 days. I hope you're proud of this because it's really cool and enjoyable. I'm sure you're relieved you're done with it though. Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel 719547 Anyways, love the name, love the track, love the scenery, love the music, love the idea. Excellent work Rabid.

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Cocacolaj
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Kohuda on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:11 am

Great, i loved the shading. 8D

_________________
You make 0% of the breads you don't bake.

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel OHMyt
Kohuda
Kohuda
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Wolf_Spirit on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:12 am

Well that was increadibly fun it watch. The scenery seemed sloppy and uneven at the start, maybe because it was a a slow speed a suppose. Anyways when you started picking up speed the scenery started looking more impressive xD Also at 0:57 when you started that huge nose manual...there were like...so many bricks O.o So many pilliars...so many of those hill things...Then when your so to super fast mode Hehe at 1:04 it's kinda unbilievable that you could scene that many pilliars and lines and hills. Then from 1:09 it really does look like he is actually smashing through those pillars, great idea for high speeds! Then you get to the huge tree. Eventhough it is really simple scenery on it, it looked impressive at that speed. Shame you couldn't have done more with it though. Then it's the end, I liked the rabid monument. So well done for finishing this, the track was really awesome too. Perfect music choice. Only problem is the scenery at the start, should have been more perfected as it's the most noticable scenery.

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Bottle4-1
H4M W4Z H3R3
Sig by Lankher 'cos he is...Banned [ ] Not Banned [x]
I believe in magic.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit
Member

Retired Admin


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by GhostY on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 am

this was a really fun and inspiring track, i loved every second of it 8D

oh and i thought the tree turned out good ^^

thanks for putting me in the credits :3

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Wall_E_Signature_by_Yoghurt_Signatures
GhostY
GhostY
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Derpinator on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:33 am

i loved it!

_________________
Wow
Such forum
Many members
Playing LR all day
Much riding
So fun
Wow
Derpinator
Derpinator
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Rafael on Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:29 am

I s*** brix.
Wow rabid, you made it really hard to choose between GhostY and you now xD Awesome work! I was really impressed by your highspeed. I haven't seen any highspeed like that since Goliath. Really well-balanced stuff. There are few people who can do that that well. And the scenery was simple, but really awesome. I'm glad you finished it.
Good luck in ToC3! This beast will come far.

_________________
Jam
Supersonic Motion

The Entity - Cheetah - The Source
Heart Attack - Sonic Motion
Imperial - Nuclear Fission - Perclusion - Compilation Damnsexy
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Bubbles on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:30 am

pretty sweet, deff fun to watch
Bubbles
Bubbles
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by IGLima on Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:17 am

Nice work Rabid! Smile
The simple scenery worked really well with that track.
And when did you get so good at highspeed? xD

Now go and scene Goliath. :|

(BTW this reminds me of The Narrow Cave by Hkay and Solidus Snake.)

IGLima
IGLima
Member

Featured Video: Silent Flame Scened

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by RayquazaKid on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:21 pm

Watched it on Youtube.

Gosh dang Rabid. I really liked this track. I liked the speed you had, the tricks were cool. Ending was a bit slow though compared to the rest of the track. But it's a nice track.

Scenery was good. I like the fact that you sticked to a basic style with it, and you managed to pull it off really well.

Anyways, cool track. This has got to be one of my favorites Smile


Last edited by RayquazaKid on Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Took back some of my bawwing)

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Purtle on Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:15 pm

*waves back in cute fashion* ;3.

@Ktk wrote:MAN
That was great high speed scenery. I loved the
shards of the pillars in the highspeed parts... Like framebyframe
animation there actually.

Was awesome. I always love your song choices too x3.

I was supportive, wheres my part in the credits Suspicious.
Purtle
Purtle
Member

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Morgan on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:34 pm

that was amzing man every time i watch u guys it motivates me to try to get better so keep it up lol
Morgan
Morgan
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Sssschiller on Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:53 pm

woow rabid! I love how you make with relativ less lines such an amazing scenery! at the beginning i thought: mmh...just bricks and pillars, not very impressive. but then there was the highspeed part and i was amazed! especially the pillar breaking was cool. but from where u got the motivation to draw all these pillars?

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Cereal on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm

Woah, Very basic, yet effective scenery.

It reminds me of Namtlade on those high speed sections near the end.

The track was great too, and I see that you have learned to have even manual pressure Wink

This is better than BTTW imo, and it will get pretty far in ToC3 I think (at least farther than mine xD)

gj, +rep

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel EStJAx2 Times They Are A-Changin' Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel EStJAx2  

>>The Ph Series<<
EXPLOSIVO

Words of Wisdom:

@OTDE wrote:Be active and we'll love you forever. Make tracks and we'll love you five-ever.

@FlagCapper wrote:How is a Quirk a Quirk when it becomes more of the same?

Eric Cartman wrote:If you want to find some quality friends, you've gotta wait through all the dicks first.

Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by crash2burn on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:19 pm

always sexy rabid squirrel :3

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel PoptartFINALTINYArchaeology by Rabid Squirrel PoptartFINALTINY
Aphorism
crash2burn
crash2burn
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Inukaza on Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 pm

I just love the pace of this track. it was so fun.

Inukaza
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by chaomocha on Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:16 pm

... needs more bricks Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel 581354

very simple scenery always looks good!! nice work. i loved the highspeed and the change in scenery. especially when u got bosh into that really big squishy backriding and the cavern that he was in narrowed with him. i thot that was really ingenious actually. the tree too, very nice looking, fit in alot better then i thot it did when i watched the second time through. also in change of scenery you didnt just make all the pillars the same size, like there were two or three huge ones in there too, made for alot more variety then you would expect it to.

all in all that was a dirt track (yes thats a good thing, consider it im saying dirty but too lazy to say a two syllable word). much respect to ya dude, +rep as well.

good luck in tocIII too

EDIT: also cool choice in music, break away from somewhat of a cliche genre we seem to have made for ourselves over the years

also you spelt achaeology wrong in the title screen of the video xD missing the h

_________________
I believe in myths.
Paradise
I just want to say to everyone, explore what you already know and dance your own dance.  Don't be convinced there are standards in art, and don't be convinced you have to live up to them to be a good artist.
chaomocha
chaomocha
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by darklight on Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 am

Damn, the video doesnt work on my ipod. Ill edit later.

_________________
My Tracks: Comeback Pure Imagination Invictus Laconic EPIC Scened No Way Out Golden Paradise Golden Hills Crossroads
darklight
darklight
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by rabid squirrel on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:02 am

lolhugepost

@Ktk wrote:MAN

That was great high speed scenery. I loved the shards of the pillars in the highspeed parts... Like framebyframe animation there actually.

Great stuff, RS.

And, ToC?
Thank you! the pillars looked a LOT better at highspeed than I was expecting them to! (I was scening them while it was running at about 10 fps as opposed to the 40fps of the video)

And heck yes ToC3 8D

@Commandercoke wrote:Intense, that's the word. You're absolutely right; simple scenery can look amazing.
I love 0:42 where he flies through that squeezed part. (It reminds me of trying to sled between some trees irl, going 'ohnoes am I going to make it?!?!') And holy crap at 0:52. That's abrilliant idea. I really felt like he just busted through those pillars. The rolling around 1 minute was awesome as well. And I love how you continued to break through those pillars. It's unfortunate that you didn't have enough time to make the tree more epic. I liked the tumbling at the end. Pretty original imo. Not technically good, but I liked it.The squirrel statue was awesome though, although I have a question; Why don't you ever seem to double line stuff? Is it just because you ran out of time? Or maybe it's just a personal preference.
You're a beast for scening or even attempting to this track in 10 days. I hope you're proud of this because it's really cool and enjoyable. I'm sure you're relieved you're done with it though. Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel 719547 Anyways, love the name, love the track, love the scenery, love the music, love the idea. Excellent work Rabid.
I'm glad you liked those parts, I liked them too! Actually 0:42 was a mistake so I just made a tunnel, and it turned out really well xD And as I said above, didn't think the highspeed would be that awesome until I sped up the recording to full speed, you remember that on msn right? xD I'm also VERY glad people are noticing the tumbling, I was proud of it and wasn't sure anyone would notice it :P

I agree about the tree, I was eventually just like "screw it, just draw!" - I'm actually not sure it would have blended into the track had it been much more detailed, but I could have spent more time on it if I had had it :P (was finishing the tree around 9:30 on the 14th lol)

I'm not entirely sure why I don't like double lining stuff, I guess it's just my personal preference too :P

Kohuded wrote:Great, i loved the shading. 8D
I lol'd xD

@wolf_spirit wrote:Well that was increadibly fun it watch. The scenery seemed sloppy and uneven at the start, maybe because it was a a slow speed a suppose. Anyways when you started picking up speed the scenery started looking more impressive xD Also at 0:57 when you started that huge nose manual...there were like...so many bricks O.o So many pilliars...so many of those hill things...Then when your so to super fast mode Hehe at 1:04 it's kinda unbilievable that you could scene that many pilliars and lines and hills. Then from 1:09 it really does look like he is actually smashing through those pillars, great idea for high speeds! Then you get to the huge tree. Eventhough it is really simple scenery on it, it looked impressive at that speed. Shame you couldn't have done more with it though. Then it's the end, I liked the rabid monument. So well done for finishing this, the track was really awesome too. Perfect music choice. Only problem is the scenery at the start, should have been more perfected as it's the most noticable scenery.
The bricks in the highspeed were scened in one 4-hour sitting xD It was a grand achievement! The pillars in the last highspeed bit I scened on the 13th :P They were pretty simple (maybe 15 lines for each one) so it didn't take too long. I'm glad you liked the tree too, that was the bit that suffered the most from running out of time.

I didn't make the starting scenery more detailed because I wanted to keep the scenery consistent, but I must say I agree the highspeed looks so much better :P

@GhostY wrote:this was a really fun and inspiring track, i loved every second of it 8D

oh and i thought the tree turned out good ^^

thanks for putting me in the credits :3
no problem Smile and glad you liked the tree, even though I'm sure it wasn't what you were picturing :P

@Rafael wrote:I s*** brix.
Wow rabid, you made it really hard to choose between GhostY and you now xD Awesome work! I was really impressed by your highspeed. I haven't seen any highspeed like that since Goliath. Really well-balanced stuff. There are few people who can do that that well. And the scenery was simple, but really awesome. I'm glad you finished it.
Good luck in ToC3! This beast will come far.
Choose between GhostY and me? what do you mean? And wow, thanks about the highspeed, means a lot coming from you :O

@IGLima wrote:Nice work Rabid! Smile
The simple scenery worked really well with that track.
And when did you get so good at highspeed? xD

Now go and scene Goliath. :|

(BTW this reminds me of The Narrow Cave by Hkay and Solidus Snake.)
I haven't seen that track before but it definitely resembles mine!

Did you know I reserved you a ToC3 spot? I'll PM you your recording tonight and you need to upload by Saturday :P

@RayquazaKid wrote:Watched it on Youtube.

Gosh dang Rabid. I really liked this track. I liked the speed you had, the tricks were cool. Ending was a bit slow though compared to the rest of the track. But it's a nice track.

Scenery was good. I like the fact that you sticked to a basic style with it, and you managed to pull it off really well.

Anyways, cool track. This has got to be one of my favorites Smile
I'm glad I pulled it off well 8D

@Purtle wrote:*waves back in cute fashion* ;3.
I was supportive, wheres my part in the credits Suspicious.
lol :P

I-Ride wrote:woow rabid! I love how you make with relativ less lines such an amazing scenery! at the beginning i thought: mmh...just bricks and pillars, not very impressive. but then there was the highspeed part and i was amazed! especially the pillar breaking was cool. but from where u got the motivation to draw all these pillars?
I have discovered over the years that I have a crazy ability to do repetitive tasks for long periods of time xD (administrating has a lot of that, and so does scening) But I must admit, the bricks on that nose loop were absolutely brutal, I was kind of burnt out the next day xD

@Cereal wrote:Woah, Very basic, yet effective scenery.

It reminds me of Namtlade on those high speed sections near the end.

The track was great too, and I see that you have learned to have even manual pressure Wink

This is better than BTTW imo, and it will get pretty far in ToC3 I think (at least farther than mine xD)

gj, +rep
I'm not sure what to think about that, because I don't think I've ever been as proud of soemthing as Bolted, but I guess that's a compliment so thanks :P Glad I reminded you of namtlade, I probably should have put him in the credits for trance :P

@chaomocha wrote:... needs more bricks Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel 581354

very simple scenery always looks good!! nice work. i loved the highspeed and the change in scenery. especially when u got bosh into that really big squishy backriding and the cavern that he was in narrowed with him. i thot that was really ingenious actually. the tree too, very nice looking, fit in alot better then i thot it did when i watched the second time through. also in change of scenery you didnt just make all the pillars the same size, like there were two or three huge ones in there too, made for alot more variety then you would expect it to.

all in all that was a dirt track (yes thats a good thing, consider it im saying dirty but too lazy to say a two syllable word). much respect to ya dude, +rep as well.

good luck in tocIII too

EDIT: also cool choice in music, break away from somewhat of a cliche genre we seem to have made for ourselves over the years

also you spelt achaeology wrong in the title screen of the video xD missing the h
D: fixed the title with an annotation (sort of) I had to edit in about 15 minutes so no time for proofreading xD

Thanks about the tree, the squishy (I was so excited when I made that in the naked track) and the music.

I was honestly just looking around for music that would sync and I hit this song and it was ridiculously perfect, and so I synced the track to it from 0:40 on :P

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Se7eN on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:29 am

The simple scenery was amazing. I enjoyed just as much as some very detailed scenery pieces. I loved the bricks and pillars, especially at your highspeed parts. Your naked track wasn't bad at all. I hate poorly made tracks thats make me not want to watch the scenery. Btw I loved the ending monument Anyways, great track Rabid Thumbs Up

+rep

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Se7en

Se7eN
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by GhostY on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:45 am

oh and rabid, raf means to chose between me or you for the spot in MBF

_________________
Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Wall_E_Signature_by_Yoghurt_Signatures
GhostY
GhostY
Member


View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Georgio_jc on Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:19 am

"..,but also because I'm tired of people thinking scenery track have to be uber-detailed in order to be 'good'."

I could virtually hug you for that sentence Smile I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons scenery track became rather rare nowadays..

I loved the whole video.. especially the originality mixed with a breeze of old school feeling Very Happy

Seriously, I just adore this creation!


edit: ..and I feel honoured that I was an inspiration for it Smile

_________________
Stuff1    ---    Stuff2

"Genius is eternal patience." - Michelangelo
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by rabid squirrel on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:16 am

@GhostY wrote:oh and rabid, raf means to chose between me or you for the spot in MBF
oh right, I kinda forgot about that xD too busy scening lol

@Georgio_jc wrote:"..,but also because I'm tired of people thinking scenery track have to be uber-detailed in order to be 'good'."

I could virtually hug you for that sentence Smile I'm pretty sure that's one of the reasons scenery track became rather rare nowadays..
/virtual hug back

and I agree. It's too bad, really, that so many people think they have to be a TD or a Sorvius or an LRG to be a good scener, but they can make any quirk with flings and small amounts of airtime and be a good trackmaker.

_________________
Support My Art
A playlist of my best tracks
To keep up with what I'm up to in the world of Line Rider, follow me:
My Twitter | My Tumblr | My Twitch | My Facebook Page | My Instagram
(You can also follow my patreon and see all public posts completely for free)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel
Member

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

View user profile http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel Empty Re: Archaeology by Rabid Squirrel

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum