We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 3 Favorite Riders and Why?

+32
pure5152
SethComposerGuy
SPL4SHZ0N3
Rafael
Summoning
Sheldon
Z_N-Freak
Loz
darklight
CamQuartr
Chui Ninji
Inukaza
jlflame2000
captain_cornflakes
CHiH
Hotflash
Sssschiller
WTB
Georgio_jc
Wizzy
Helios Pavonine
hypothet
Traxis
rabid squirrel
Commandercoke
GhostY
ACwazHere
Kayped
KillinTime2792
OTDE
Cereal
Votale
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Top 3 Favorite Riders and Why? Empty Top 3 Favorite Riders and Why?

Post by Votale Sat May 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Tell everyone your top 3 favorite somewhat active riders (Aspi, Leo, and people like him still count who seem to be inactive here but still play. :P)

Here are mine:

Georgiojc:

- For one, he is incredible at every single style in Line Rider. We've all seen his most recent series, consisting of Backflip, Flashkick, and Macaco, it's probably the most creative quirk series in all of Line Rider. It shows arguably the most unique and most enjoyable "style" in all of Line Rider (history); Georgio's style. He's a god at quirk, beast at XY such as that in Macaco or Gryphon, and beats everyone in manuals, which is obvious through his 3-track series. He's even great at scenery: Phonolite Scened and Silk Road Armageddon.

- I first saw how awesome his style was when I saw Gryphon. Then it really shot out when he made Slumdog and I was like "WTF HOW DID HE?!" I was amazing by Basalt also; I thought it was the best track ever when I first saw it.

- He's, overall, the best and most creative player in Line Rider with such an elegant and unique style that is impossible to duplicate.

Leomur:

- Volatile is probably my all-time favorite quirk. It kept me from quitting Line Rider a while back and I found my style after watching it. He has probably the coolest and most powerful, yet elegant styles in Line Rider. From his style, I learned stop and go. Tweak, Twirl, and Twist, are very astonishing to stay the least, are epic; They have so much style. The last one, Twist, is my favorite because of how compact, creative, yet flowing and strong it is. It's so inspiring when I see something like that. Of Cabbages and Kings, Twiddle, and Lemmings are also fantastically inspiring quirks of his. I love his quirks so much, and that's why he's my #2 favorite track-maker of all time. <3

Splash:

- Dude you're just flat out amazing. Your music choices are my favorite in all of Line Rider. Veil: Holy crap I love that track<3 It's insanely powerful and flowy, while at the same time you have a super relaxing song to it and it's just mesmerizing. I knew you were going to be a legend some day from the first time I saw Vita. I was so jealous of you when I saw it :| Reverie and Intangible are both insanely good and stylish quirks that I love with all my heart!

- Another thing, Splash is good at every style when he wants to be. His XY can be seen through watching Vortex, while his alt-ish compact style is crazy good in Solitude. I'm sure you're a beast at manuals when you try, just by seeing some of the crazy manuals in all your quirks. You're so underrated, but you're my #3 <3333

Those are my top 3 8D

If I had to pick a fourth, it'd probably be THE most underrated playing in Line Rider right now; Rafael. Honestly, a lot of you guys are stupid :| Yeah. You are. Wanna know why? Fine I'll tell you :|

You all love Kramwood's tracks. Why? Highspeed flings are the EASIEST thing in Line Rider. It's even easier then highspeed flat-sledding. If you want to be a "god" in Line Rider according to the viewers, here's how. 1. Download Cheat Engine. 2. Make a highspeed track and set Cheat Engine's "speedhack" to .5, then hit "m" in Line Rider. Yay now you see every frame in Line Rider and you can make any g-roll/fling/ASDF/dual fling you want. It's so easy! Kramwood, I apologize for picking on you and stuff and I don't like hate you or anything, but you're the most overrated playing in Line rider :\

Have you ever tried highspeed manuals? Those things that Rafael does so amazingly well; better then anyone else in Line Rider? Yeah those are 10x harder then highspeed flings, yet we go and kiss the ground that Kramwood and people like him walk on because we're like "OMG SUPER FAST FLING!!! HAXXXX!!" Well I'll go kiss the ground that Rafael walks on because his highspeed manuals are incredible. Not only that, but he's so creative with music syncing and flings at the speed he works at. He doesn't abuse kramuals and crap, he makes extremely skilled and amazing tracks. Rafael is easily the most underrated playing in Line Rider while Kramwood is BEYOND overrated just because he invented the "kramual" and makes highspeed flings. GO RAF<333

That is all :|
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Top 3 Favorite Riders and Why? Empty Re: Top 3 Favorite Riders and Why?

Post by Cereal Sat May 28, 2011 7:37 pm

I guessed all of those before even opening the thread.

Too easy! 8D

EDIT: I just read the description for Rafael, and I slightly disagree. High speed nose manuals aren't that hard. You simply have to make sure that the pressure is even in every frame. Tail manuals are quite a bit more difficult, however, if it is a forward tail manual, then it shouldn't take too long.

But that's just imo :P

Last edited by Cereal on Sat May 28, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat May 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Cereal wrote:I guessed all of those before even opening the thread.

Too easy! 8D
Thisthisthisthisthis
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sat May 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Zeno, wizzy and commanderslug
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayped Sat May 28, 2011 8:23 pm

TD - we wouldn't be here without him >_>
BHCS - do I really need a reason?
FC/ZNF - again, seriously.

UnConeD is worthy of mention too, as well as Ram Tzu, LRG, georg, and anomaly.
Kayped
Kayped

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Sat May 28, 2011 8:45 pm

No particular order

1. Ram Tzu
Even today, his oldest tracks are some of my favorites. He's probably my biggest LR inspiration overall. Watch Loopland and you'll understand. :P

2. ClosedDo0r
He has basically been my biggest source of inspiration for manuals/quirks. Such a clean style. And his "less-serious" tracks are awesome as well. 8D

3. rabid squirrel
Rabid's dedication + Rabid's skills = amazing outcomes. Seriously, I still get chills from watching Bolted to the Wall, because I understand the process that he went through in constructing it.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sat May 28, 2011 11:30 pm

1. Commandercoke
i love his scenery and art in general, everything he draws i'm inspired by

2. Sethcomposerguy
i love his track style, ever since i collabed with him on frantic hes been one of my all time favorite track makers

3. BHCS/lrg
both are amazing artists and inspired me a lot Very Happy
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Sun May 29, 2011 12:17 am

LineRiderGjert
Always has been my greatest inspiration. Most people know that, but you guys don't understand how much I look up to his art.

Sssschiller
His scenery is incredibly original and so fresh for linerider right now. Big inpiration at the moment.

Blesshiscottonsocks
I've never proved my skill in realistic scenery, but BHCS has still inspired me quite a lot. The worlds he built felt real and of fantasy. Places I might wonder into within a dream.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun May 29, 2011 1:04 am

TechDawg
he kind of invented several scenery styles with as many tracks

anomaly76
um, quirks much

ZNF
revolutionized the world of quirk

Oh, active?

hmm.

Splashzone
His tracks have an indescribable awesomeness aspect (style? flow? soul?)

Georgio_jc
Crazy originality and funkiness and awesomeness

pure5152
So creative and quirky

Also, Cereal. Just for plain fun

also, ty AC Smile
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Traxis Sun May 29, 2011 1:21 am

1. Aqua - His scenery was amazing. I rarely watch videos on Linerider anymore, but if he released it, I'd watch it more than once

2. Aspi - His quirks were so awesome, all my quirks, fail or not, were inspired by him

3. WishLine - Didn't release many tracks, but he was inspiring in his ways. Also I can't really think of a definite third so I'm kinda trollin' here.
Traxis
Traxis

The True Giygas

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sun May 29, 2011 9:25 am

Leo - Epic grolling, compactness.

Splash - A style that I could learn from. Almost every but of it.

Hedge - Unexpected and quirky.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun May 29, 2011 11:19 am

Pure, Splash and Cereal 8D
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sun May 29, 2011 1:10 pm

I totally disagree with kramwood being overrated :\ quirks take a lot of skill especially at high speeds.

1. Techdawg
Like that other guy said, without him this forum would not exist. He is pretty much the father of line rider

2. ZNF
Greatest quirkier ever.

3. Devray
Smexshiest manual dude of all time.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sun May 29, 2011 1:13 pm

Wizzy wrote:I totally disagree with kramwood being overrated :\ quirks take a lot of skill especially at high speeds.

1. Highspeed manuals are 1000000x harder. They are so underrated.

2. Highspeed tricks are 10000x easier then those same tricks at a lowspeed. Try it. It's so easy to make highspeed tricks/quirk. Way overrated.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sun May 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Duuuude...I knew that you liked my tracks, but daamnnn. Thanks a lot man, these are the things in linerider that motivate me as hell <3

Though, don't pick on kramwood just because he likes doing highspeed quirks and because people like them. I like them too..and tbh I've tried to make highspeed quirks and I have always failed lol

Anyway my top 3 riders vary pretty much from day to day..but right now I'd pick:

- Leomur because his control over bosh is ridiculous.

- Sssschiller because his tracks are so fresh and fun to watch..just gotta love it.

- Votale, his XY...crazy,his style at compact tracks....craaaaazzy. I just love everything he creates.

also, agreed on Rafael being underrated.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Sun May 29, 2011 3:03 pm

I don't think I'd be able to list the CURRENTLY active riders I like the most, because imo, they all have equal skill but in different areas. They're all just so f***ing good, I love it.

However, past riders I can definitely list.

Ram Tzu
Omg, I would have never liked XY as much if it wasn't for him. All his tracks were simply astounding.

Anomaly
I've always tried to mimic Anomaly's style but never can. His tracks are truly something unique. It takes a lot of skill to make tracks that are so....so...QUIRKY like his.

Conundrumer (And Eachare)
OII is my bible. I still look back on it, and even though it's years old, I don't think it'll ever get old. It's a shame he didn't make too many alt quirks right before he left. They were so amazing. The alt quirk section in OII is so short, but it stands out SOOO much. This is also why I put Eachare, cause his alt quirks are pretty much equally as awesome as conun.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Sun May 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Thanks georg and coke <3
But i have to say the same things about you!

- Commandercoke because he's a master of using thickness of lines an has so amazing fantasy scenery skills.

- Georg because his style looks just sexy. I think even my girlfriend likes him 8D

-rabid because i'm in love with bolted to the wall and because i think he is a beast

but that are just the persons that came first to my mind. There are so many other awesome people that are just...awesome Inverted Onoz

Last edited by Sssschiller on Sun May 29, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotflash Sun May 29, 2011 4:31 pm

Pure: For always inspiring me when i lack inspiration

TechDawg: For being imba, and drawing manga characters :P

Ssssssschiller: for having an amazing style
Hotflash
Hotflash

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Sun May 29, 2011 6:09 pm

(Sorry, I can't read, didn't see you said active riders. I'll leave this post, but ignore me, I'm a nub)
I can name my top two:

Valo (rollerboots) - First person to do a noseloop in LR. His choppy noseloop video was my main source of inspiration when I started playing. That video hit youtube and everyone dropped everything to try to replicate it. Nothing that has came after has had the same wow factor for me, regardless of how amazing it is.

Anomaly - He was there from the beginning, and for a moment in time I was keeping up with him in the newly evolving quirk style in late 2006. R/L intervened and I disappeared, by the time I came back he was doing godly things with tumblequirk. Then, maybe a week or two after I returned to the community, he posted the gravity well, and once again everyone dropped everything to try and replicate it. My only good LR vid was made possible by this discovery, and the excitement it brought to the community.

I have a lot of "awesome riders" in mind for the next tier of my favorites, like ZNF, Rabid, Owly, xnt, Meph, Conun, TD, linejs, Ram, and more... and I apologize to the new class of amazing riders, you may have far surpassed these guys' skill but I wouldn't know since I haven't watched any vids in awhile. I picked the top two for the sheer excitement they brought to the community.

I also have some one-hit wonder favorites, like kraettz. Unconed falls into this category too lol
CHiH
CHiH

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by captain_cornflakes Sun May 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Well...
~fsk is the creator! he may not be active, but we would not be voting if he didn't create beta one!

rabid, for bolted

H4M, for vision.

Tech dawg would win at scening, IMO.
captain_cornflakes
captain_cornflakes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captain_cornflakes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sun May 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Votale wrote:
Wizzy wrote:I totally disagree with kramwood being overrated :\ quirks take a lot of skill especially at high speeds.

1. Highspeed manuals are 1000000x harder. They are so underrated.

2. Highspeed tricks are 10000x easier then those same tricks at a lowspeed. Try it. It's so easy to make highspeed tricks/quirk. Way overrated.

Not even! Highspeed manuals are easy pie, but when it comes to flings at the same speeds it's frustrating because every single line u make has to be nearly perfect/pull the right contact point. Highspeed manuals you can make in half the time it takes to make any sort of quirk, not to mention manuals add way more to the length of the track.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sun May 29, 2011 9:37 pm

I find lowspeed manuals easier than highspeed. quirck is definantly easier at highspeed though because you have more room for everything. at lowspeed everything has to be just so and some tricks are ruled out entirely.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Sun May 29, 2011 9:38 pm

^ It's personal preference. I find quirk waaaay harder at highspeed, not only because it's hard to make but because I suck balls at controlling the direction Bosh travels.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Sun May 29, 2011 9:40 pm

its called opinion guys. for some, manuals are easy for others, quirks are easier. noones right so stop arguing about it. :|

oh and if i were to add another person to my list it'd be rabid, because his scenery has always inspired me :3

GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sun May 29, 2011 9:51 pm

Ever heard of Cheat Engine, Wizzy? xD Tons of people use it.

Also, I stated that Raf was extremely underrated, while Kram was highly overrated, which is completely true. Raf's highspeed is better then any other. It's funny that Raf beat IRIS and Eclipse with Sonic Motion alone yet we praise and give Kram way more popularity and we totally leave Raf out.

And no Wizzy, I'm not talking about "highspeed" as 30, I'm talking 90 or 100 where Raf and Kram operate. Raf's manuals and integration is sick at that speed while we see one of Kram's flings at that speed and pee our pants when it's SO easy. The faster Bosh goes, the easier it is to make g-wells and flings because he survives more, but manuals are totally different. To have the pressure and flow that Raf has at those highspeeds in his manuals is just insane and TOTALLY UNDERRATED.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next