We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO

+7
Georgio_jc
Opal Rider
KillinTime2792
Derpinator
Rafael
Stallie
rabid squirrel
11 posters

Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO Empty Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:03 pm

Welcome to video of the week, where I pick a random video from my exceptional playlist and talk about it in depth Very Happy

----------

THIS WEEK'S VIDEO: #34

Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBl4PWkGhiQ

Ah, Snooze's one-track wonder. I mean, technically it's by BBO and Snooze, but BBO just made the first half of the track (which wasn't really very good for scenery anyway). This is what most people remember as Snooze's track.

I gave this track a Holy Shoe. There are many things that I love about it.
  • The biggest thing is that it grew on me. I watched it and thought "that's pretty cool" and then remembered it a week later and went back and watched it again, and then a week later I did it again and I enjoyed it more each time. I gave it a holy shoe a month or so after it was released.
  • Another thing I like about it is Snooze's unique abstract striped background. Snooze was the first to really experiment with putting in a background and not just a foreground. And then the switch to the stripes being in the ground is really cool. Keep in mind this is before MMX, Cosmic Underworld, or Transcendental.
  • The artwork is great as well. The epic skull at the beginning, the wave and how it emerges out of the ground, the shark (bet you didn't even see it - see if you can find it), the fish, the shipwreck, and the squid of course. It was actually one of the first scenery tracks to start using the idea of monuments.
  • The squid actually deserves its own category. It's actually what I use to define what a good monument is. It looks awesome, and real, and yet Bosh rides on it in several places, fully integrating it into the track. The Line Rider world needs more monuments like this. I haven't yet seen anything executed that well. And that's saying a lot. This was made in 2007, meaning that I think the squid trumps every monument LRG ever made.

There are of course, several things I don't like about the track, so I think I should list those as well.
  • It's pretty easy to see what track BBO made and what Snooze made. Snooze, as the scener, understood what would look best and made some nice smooth manuals, while BBO made some weird, slow, boring, rather poorly done quirk thing. That annoys me.
  • While the squid is the perfect example of a monument, the shipwreck is a perfect example of what not to do with a monument. Bosh never touches it, it makes little sense in context, it flies by in a split second, and you can't even see all of it. The fish is well placed but doesn't make sense and Bosh doesn't use it. There's no monument at the end. So part of me feels like the squid was maybe mostly luck.
  • Riding inside the ship (which is floating through the walls and stuff) - it just looks bad.
  • How the ground got inconsistent at the end because Snooze got bored/sick of scening.

I can forgive Snooze partially for some of this, however, because it was made on an ancient computer. Someone told me that Snooze said that when he wanted to watch the track he would press play, go make himself a sandwich, and come back and it would have just started. Sadly, once Snooze's long-awaited new computer finally arrived, he was tired of Line Rider Sad His next big project was eventually canceled. So this remains to date his best and most well-known track. It also has the good fortune to be semi-mainstream on youtube with 60,000 views. (Unfortunately it has also generated a lot of mindless hate comments which has obviously upset Snooze)

This track was entered in ToCC, but sadly I don't have any results beyond knowing that it did well in rounds 1 and 2.

If you have any memories, please share! I remember that this went up during a brief downtime on the old site, when TD was still active. I also really liked the song, and I still find it in my head every once in a while. Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO

Post by Stallie Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Snozze deserves props for this one. He is an amazing guy who likes drawing and he is also in a band. This guy has showed many of us the way in LR. This video reminds me of when he was amazing and active just for a while thoguh. I really wish he would come back, i like his style of art and his skill is pretty good. That is why i like this video and witch is why we should atleast give snozze and BBO credit for making an awsome collab. nice Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO 232659
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #15 - Dark Matter by LifeWithoutTheSnoozeButton and BBO

Post by Rafael Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:47 am

I still don't get why you didn't make Snooze LRL. This is such an amazing track <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:30 am

Could you please do that thing you does so you can watch if its blocked in your contry?

(messy sentence 8D)
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:27 am

shark at 0:58

anyway i have to disagree with you about the fish comment. it's on screen for a lengthy amount of time and even though he doesn't "use" it it still has that same monumental impact.
2 cents
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:03 am

The first time I saw snooze's name was on the power riders collab. (I watched it a few years ago, before I was active.) I absolutely loved it, so I typed in his name on the search bar. Absolutely nothing came up, and I was [I'm a potty mouth] dissapointed. Finally I get to see something else made by him. Thanks for putting this up. Very Happy
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:12 am

Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:25 am

Rafael wrote:I still don't get why you didn't make Snooze LRL. This is such an amazing track <3

I completely agree. He and norbi imo were some of the best sceners that werent out there for the fame. They did it because they enjoyed it and they were people you could talk to and not feel like your talking to a celebrity. and their scenery was very experimental and influential. Focusing on snooze tho, this track was probably the coolest of its time, simply because it had depth and used monuments that werent really monuments so to sya, like the fish and the shipwreck. definetly deserving of this spotlight indeed.
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:29 am

This track always was kinda overrated, but I still enjoy it Smile
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:42 am

Rafael wrote:I still don't get why you didn't make Snooze LRL. This is such an amazing track <3
chaomocha wrote:I completely agree. He and norbi imo were some of the best sceners that werent out there for the fame. They did it because they enjoyed it and they were people you could talk to and not feel like your talking to a celebrity. and their scenery was very experimental and influential. Focusing on snooze tho, this track was probably the coolest of its time, simply because it had depth and used monuments that werent really monuments so to sya, like the fish and the shipwreck. definetly deserving of this spotlight indeed.
This is really Snooze's only notable track, besides the ending of the power epic battle track. Someone shouldn't get legend for a single track. Also, how many other people do you see using this style? Can you really say it heavily influenced people? Also, read through my points of stuff I didn't like in the OP

Georgio_jc wrote:Simply amazing track.

Also, a case for https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4193-irtltube-conservation-project :P
how so? O.o
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:56 am

rabid squirrel wrote:
chaomocha wrote:I completely agree. He and norbi imo were some of the best sceners that werent out there for the fame. They did it because they enjoyed it and they were people you could talk to and not feel like your talking to a celebrity. and their scenery was very experimental and influential. Focusing on snooze tho, this track was probably the coolest of its time, simply because it had depth and used monuments that werent really monuments so to sya, like the fish and the shipwreck. definetly deserving of this spotlight indeed.
This is really Snooze's only notable track, besides the ending of the power epic battle track. Someone shouldn't get legend for a single track. Also, how many other people do you see using this style? Can you really say it heavily influenced people? Also, read through my points of stuff I didn't like in the OP

Georgio_jc wrote:Simply amazing track.

Also, a case for https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t4193-irtltube-conservation-project :P
how so? O.o

i think he is unable to watch it, just like me. WMG or something
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:27 pm

for those unable to watch: http://www.mediafire.com/?44ycivjaidmzb2d
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Snooze Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:58 pm

I saw searching my name and found this thread, Thanks for the love Very Happy

This was made in 2007, meaning that I think the squid trumps every monument LRG ever made.

Thanks! That means a lot to me! Mainly because, (I'm seriously gloating) but I mentored LRG more than any other person I gave advice to on MSN, I told him all of my secrets, and then he beat me in that LAOTW which was totally fair but kinda broke my heart lol

And I have come back to make more than just one track. I fee like Ive done more than just a one hit wonder and I intend to prove it Very Happy
Snooze
Snooze

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:46 pm

man I miss this video of the week thing. It was fun. I discontinued it after like four in a row got like 0 to 2 comments

glad you appreciated this thread though Very Happy
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down