We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid's Video of the Week #22 - Joytopia 3 by Ram Tzu

2 posters

Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #22 - Joytopia 3 by Ram Tzu Empty Rabid's Video of the Week #22 - Joytopia 3 by Ram Tzu

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:48 pm

Welcome to video of the week, where I pick a random video from my exceptional playlist and talk about it in depth Very Happy

Also, if you enjoy me doing this let me know, because the last month or two I've gotten barely any response and I'm debating whether to keep doing it.

----------

THIS WEEK'S VIDEO: #130

Immersion by Lukking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3KBICmUWbM

This was probably the peak of Lukking's Line Rider career. It was his last project before he tried branching out in his style and subsequently left. Halfway through the project, he posted a preview in LCC saying he was uninspired and not sure if he wanted to continue it because he thought it sucked. He got a positive response and so he did continue and release it.

He says in the description that he lost inspiration and he thinks the track sucks, so he didn't continue it for another month for his anniversary. However, there are several issues with this. 1) It's over a minute long and very intense so it's plenty long enough 2) He could just wait and release it on his anniversary 3) The intro says he's "ready for another year" - I guess we'll never really understand what was going through his head.

Speaking of the intro, this track's intro is very long and pointless:
lukking presents.....
lukking presents.....
his 2 year anniversary.....
and im ready for another year...
with more....
power...
speed...
line rider...
are you ready.....
for the ultimate expierience.....
lukking presents.....
immersion
Not only is it ridiculously long (45 seconds - nobody wants to sit through all of that), it switches from 3rd to 1st person, sentences, "I", and Line Rider are not capitalized, "I'm" is missing an apostrophe, and "experience" is misspelled. This because the classic example of a long and sloppy intro after this track was entered into ToC3.

And speaking of ToC3, after doing fairly well in rounds 1 and 2, Immersion barely beat out Polymer Blend and A Quirk From Quirk along with The Painting 23-22-20-14 to make it into the Sweet Sixteen, but promptly went us against Incito and lost 27-11 (though a surprising number of people voted for Immersion)

The track is really quite excellent, despite Lukking's signature unerased stacks and signature power without reason. It's quite enjoyable, varied while staying consistent, and really rather creative. It generated some controversy when it first came out (as Lukking's tracks always seemed to do) but as time has worn on people have come to recognize that it's a very good track. After all, its final rank was 11th in ToC3, in the upper half of the Sweet Sixteen.

I failed and edited this post instead of making a new topic :facepalm:

so I kinda lost the post in the process...

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:36 am; edited 6 times in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #22 - Joytopia 3 by Ram Tzu Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #22 - Joytopia 3 by Ram Tzu

Post by Sssschiller Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:38 am

Cool one. I have never seen this track before. Also i am surprised how a xy track can be so awesome without highspeed or a monument.
Pls keep doing this, rabid Wink
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down