We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats with using green lines on integrations?

+18
Summoning
Sheldon
Ktk
Georgio_jc
Votale
Wizzy
Sssschiller
linerage
Devray
Cereal
Orthuss
rabid squirrel
LineMagiX
Purtle
TigerXLine
JoaTrades
SPL4SHZ0N3
MartinJulenissen
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

whats with using green lines on integrations? Empty whats with using green lines on integrations?

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:06 pm

umm, it have bothered me for a while.

why use green lines on an integration, it wouldnt make it an integration in my eyes. it would just be a manual and another manual with a gap fill'd with green.

try to just spend more time on making it all blue and it would be much cooler imo lal.

discuss?
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

whats with using green lines on integrations? Empty Re: whats with using green lines on integrations?

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:14 pm

sometimes its not possible for a movement, like the blue line will get in the way or if you do use blue lines, then the shape of the line might be bad. Idk.

and besides, green lines are meant to alter the image of the track, not the track itself. So in a way, some integration is like adding scenery.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

whats with using green lines on integrations? Empty Re: whats with using green lines on integrations?

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:43 pm

well, its kinda cheap in many ways imo, if you cant do it, do smoething else, the track is forcing you to make an integration there
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:53 pm

Yeah it's kind cheap I guess.

I've always just used gwells to get my integrations to work.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:32 pm

I use it sometimes (not the way in "Blue Mind" at start).

I don't care if I'm considered as bad at track-making. I have a goal, a thing I want to do. then I'll do it how matter how I do it.
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:48 am

I don't remember if I directly addressed Scenery Lines, but I did make this thread not too too long ago.

https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/irtl-center-f9/development-in-inegration-purtle-s-opinion-t2860.htm

Although if I could go back in time I would change some things I said in there a bit.

I think that a green line or two if used effectively can be quite good, but sometimes I find it unnecessary. It really depends on the situation.

Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 am

The first curves in my Blue mind is a great example of unnecessary use of the green tool :|
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:03 pm

Agreed with MJ. Integrating correctly, especially in XY, is using that blue line instead of a green line as an added effect to make bosh quickly flip into position for the next manual.

You might as well not use it at all if you use green lines for integration. :p
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:23 pm

Suspicious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAB7ReejQJc#t=01m40s

ok maybe it's not for integration but still

votale used green lines in roborant if I'm correct...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:43 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:votale used green lines in roborant if I'm correct...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZRckwZQUw4#t=01m57s

I beg to differ.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:52 pm

Who cares, it makes the track look cooler when it's not in color replay.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Devray Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:19 pm

I just feel like I need to post here. I believe green lines are necessary sometimes in integration, but try to lean away from using them. If a large majority of the segment is just green lines, I think it's really lame and doesn't have much style to it. Tapeworm didn't use any green lines and that came along fine. Sometimes in integration a few green lines, like 1 to 5 used to patch up a curve actually just make it look a bit better. But, don't overdo it ._.
Devray
Devray

https://www.youtube.com/devrayy

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:24 pm

^ basically :P, this is why i don't do much integration. Because if i try to make it look smooth with g-wells, it looks like something that came out of voldemort's butt crack.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:02 pm

i agree with cereal. if it looks cool do it. Line rider vids have to entertain.
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:38 pm

IMO, (not reading through everything) if a line has no effect on Bosh, get rid of it. Green lines are sort of a way of cheating to making the audience believe its integration. It takes a hell of a lot more skill to actually make an integration styled track where every line servers a purpose, even the manual connecting ones. I try to avoid this by simply leaving a gap instead of connecting the manuals with green lines. If integration was about adding green lines everywhere, you might as well connect everything in a track with green lines and call it integration. -_-
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:03 pm

well, actually, if you use blue lines that doesn't affect the rider, doesn't that count as "cheating" too? >_>
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 pm

^ yes. at least thats what i believe. if it doesnt effect bosh, just dont use it >_<
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

Wizzy wrote:IMO, (not reading through everything) if a line has no effect on Bosh, get rid of it. Green lines are sort of a way of cheating to making the audience believe its integration. It takes a hell of a lot more skill to actually make an integration styled track where every line servers a purpose, even the manual connecting ones. I try to avoid this by simply leaving a gap instead of connecting the manuals with green lines. If integration was about adding green lines everywhere, you might as well connect everything in a track with green lines and call it integration. -_-

I think that the original point of integration is to keep the viewer guessing as to where bosh is going. You don't know if it's going to be a turn or an integration.

However, people for some reason think integration means you have to have a long strand of "integrating" back and forth. TBH, I don't even consider it integration really in my mind. I agree with you when talking about "integration" of this kind.

If it is just one or two curves though, I think green lines are fine because it will keep the viewer on their toes.

Know what I'm saying dawg?
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:15 am

Orthuss wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:votale used green lines in roborant if I'm correct...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZRckwZQUw4#t=01m57s

I beg to differ.

https://2img.net/h/i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/NiNjATeaMAwesoMe/Untitled-2.png?t=1294377303

I beg to differ differ.

Don't keel me. Rabid was correct.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:39 am

Ohhhhhh man... I mean what the FU-?

Just because you got mind-raped by me doesn't mean that it is cheap. Nowreally,then let's just call it an illusion or what ever doesn't make you "disappointed".
Open your mind to new things dude, you'll see people will do even better stuff...and my god, it's not all about skill (I think I've shown often enough that I can do normal integration) but how enjoyable a video is.

edit: It's like saying "You're only allowed to use blue lines for manuals" ..
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:35 am

okay, one small green line isnt gonna kill me, but seriously, when its like 'LOLOLOL GREEN LINES LOLOL' and its all obnoxious like that, you have to draw the line somewhere Suspicious

@George, it takes no skill what-so-ever to draw green lines hiding track bits. but if you use them to maybe make it look like a manual, or some other way like that, then that's actually having skill and being creative. BUT, just using green lines to connect everything is just... pointless >_<

Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 am

i didnt know line rider was a game of skills.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:32 am

@Ktk, breaking news; it is.
why else would we have egotistical track makers and contests/battles/laotw/toc
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:57 am

@ wizzy, I wasn't really talking about the normal integration...also show me one track with so many green connections....
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

Georgio_jc wrote:Ohhhhhh man... I mean what the FU-?

Just because you got mind-raped by me doesn't mean that it is cheap. Nowreally,then let's just call it an illusion or what ever doesn't make you "disappointed".
Open your mind to new things dude, you'll see people will do even better stuff...and my god, it's not all about skill (I think I've shown often enough that I can do normal integration) but how enjoyable a video is.

edit: It's like saying "You're only allowed to use blue lines for manuals" ..

this was posted before you made that track omfg

look at date before bawing me
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next