We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished)

4 posters

Go down

Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished) Empty Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished)

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:55 am

Scenery created 2010-2014, recording 2015, editing 2021.

I had so many ideas for how to finish this, over so many years (including transitioning from 4:3 to 16:9 halfway through and recording different segments in builds of line rider that matched the time period of that style) But in 2021 it feels mostly like a relic of the past. That's not a bad thing! Line Rider has evolved (heh) rapidly in what has been a cambrian explosion of sorts over the last 5 years. On the one hand it's a shame this never got finished, but on the other hand, the reason it stalled out was because, at its core, this track's premise rested on the idea that detailed environmental scenery and technique-based quirk track could be brought together. With the benefit of hindsight we can see that that was never going to happen, and this project is perhaps best left unfinished.

This will be the last upload to the LCC channel. Note that there's actually plenty of Line Rider community collaborations still happening! It was just the channel for the community collaborations on I Ride The Lines and We Ride The Lines, and nowadays these forums are largely a thing of the past (the community is mostly on Discord servers these days). If you're reading this and you participated in any of the collaborations in the LCC or WCC, (especially if you made scenery in this project!) I hope you had a good time on here, and are doing well today.

- Rabid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AWg1LaekKs

rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Kohuda and GhostY like this post

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished) Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished)

Post by GhostY Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Brings back a lot of memories for sure! It's nice to actually get to see the track in its entirety again. Thanks for uploading this Rabid! Smile
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished) Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider: Scenery Edition (Unfinished)

Post by Kohuda Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 am

Thanks Rabid, I found this really quite beautiful and definitely hit my nostalgia nerve quite a number of times. Thank you and the others for what you've all done over the years.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by TomRider Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:19 pm

Glad to see people still online!
I'm also back after a few years, can't wait to get started on scening again

TomRider

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down