We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here - shua

+9
Z_N-Freak
Sheldon
rabid squirrel
mmtunligit
Chuggers
Conundrumer
Opal Rider
Rafael
Apple
13 posters

Go down

Here - shua Empty Here - shua

Post by Apple Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIRPqzwymMo&feature=youtu.be

Color version and .Trk download link:
Spoiler:

Last edited by shua on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Here - shua Empty Re: Here - shua

Post by Rafael Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Oh my god dude, THAT WAS AMAZING

It took me a while to notice the track was in reverse, mindfuck xD. The track was incredibly entertaining to watch throughout. I love how you introduced the kramual!

Until the kramual cannon I was putting this in the "really awesome track" category. I thought the track was over, was wondering why the screen didn't fade out yet and BAM, moar track! Inverted Onoz 2:22 was the best grolling ever, entire fling quirk was totally new and refreshing, and the ending was just spectacular!

This track shows you don't need fancy stacks to create an incredible experience. Favourite track in a long time!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:06 pm

I didn't realize that making everything synced in reverse would make it so cool to watch but it is! The concept worked so well, and while I did figure out what was going on pretty early, it worked out so well.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:08 pm

This was incredibly mesmerizing for us, track makers, who rarely see things in reverse. Good job on the reverse sync as well.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:44 pm

its crazy how good this is, given that you couldnt get the full experience from the "beginning" of the track until you finished it, you are a brave man

this gets my "neatest track of the year" award
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by mmtunligit Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:22 pm

Here - shua Pra82jsxddiwekwbleft
mmtunligit
mmtunligit

Nerds like me rule

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:13 pm

That was GREAT man. I'd love to know more about what your process was? (was the sync planned in advance? it's subtle enough that it looks like it could have just been a song that fit really well added at the end? oh, and did you plan it out backwards from the start or was that something that happened late in the process?) You did a good job of utilizing sudden stops that suddenly became impossible jumps in speed and direction when put in reverse, and also those instances of passing through a line that really screw with your head (for someone who has watched thousands of line rider tracks, anyway) I am feeling like this is the tip of the iceberg in terms of reverse tracks, but I guess only time will tell! I also love the huge amount of variety in this track. Slow flatsled hills and a kramual cannon int he same track and it's all entertaining, this is the stuff I dream of. Though I have to say, perhaps the things you did in this track could have been more intentional? But if you were just having fun, I'd much prefer you continuing to have fun and releasing awesome tracks like this one.

Glad I could be of help converting your trks so you could use the fixed camera!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:44 pm

That was very hard for me to watch, goodness. Still a great concept.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:43 am

rabid squirrel wrote:That was GREAT man. I'd love to know more about what your process was? 
All of it was planned from the start. I found the song I wanted before I started the track, reversed it, and threw it into LRA. It took quite a few recordings, reversings, and watchings to make sure I was syncing it correctly. Also, listening to the song backwards is awesome because you never get sick of the original one. You can still like it after you're done.

Last edited by shua on Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:55 am

Shua, do you think you could send me the trk. My broken classicist mind can't comprehend backwards tracks.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 am

I'll upload a forward color version here in like 20 minutes and then edit it into the main post. Check in after 1 AM Central Time.

Edit: It's up. Got the .Trk up as well if you want it.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:07 am

Saw it was reversed the moment after he slowed down at the very beginning. The scarf was the wrong way around (I thought he was moving to the right initially) and everything looks reversed also because of the strange kind of opposite/reversed gravity. He doesn't fall and land in the right way so to speak.
So for me it was very obvious that it was reversed, but nonetheless it was a treat to watch! And although I can enjoy the regular track played forward (it contains some amazing tricks and neat ideas), I must say that your vision payed off, because the backwards version is superior entertainment wise. It plays with your mind, as unexpected things happen. For example: what would be normal landings in forward, are now sudden thrusts upwards out of nowhere. Really entertaining to watch. Kudo's to you sir!
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:59 am

I am not a big fan. It feels like you tried really hard to be fresh and edgy, but didn't do a very good job.
Track wad enjoyable, but i got tired of reverse track mid way through. Not because i didn't enjoy the concept, but because it seemed like you stopped caring about maintaining the illusion half way through the track.

I am having a difficult time accepting everything was planned, because, as rabid said, the syncs are very subtle. If this had been a short concept track, that would've been ok. It seems to me that after most tricks you make you're like: ok sure, i'll keep this.

I liked it, but I didn't love it
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by gaoyubao Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:42 am

That was cool! I think that it would be neat if something impossible were developed, like reverse panning, so that you don't have to center bosh to make a reverse track look "natural"
As for the syncing moments, I can see why some people want it to be more obviously synced, but I imagine it's hard to "feel" the track's movement if it's going to be reversed, and therefore the syncs are hard. There were still some very neat moments, and I especially liked the flatled to kramual which just looks absurd Smile
gaoyubao
gaoyubao
Line Rider Legend

Contest Winner: XL Contest
1st place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.visitgaomali.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:50 am

That was awesomely confusing
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:18 am

gaoyubao wrote:That was cool! I think that it would be neat if something impossible were developed, like reverse panning, so that you don't have to center bosh to make a reverse track look "natural")

Onto it
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by iPi Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Now that is a neat concept, and executed very well. I liked the unpredictable recycle part at 1:28.

Just for fun, I tried using a different song, and it works... kinda. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGaRMeevoYk
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:20 pm

Anton wrote:I am not a big fan. It feels like you tried really hard to be fresh and edgy, but didn't do a very good job.
Track wad enjoyable, but i got tired of reverse track mid way through. Not because i didn't enjoy the concept, but because it seemed like you stopped caring about maintaining the illusion half way through the track.

I am having a difficult time accepting everything was planned, because, as rabid said, the syncs are very subtle. If this had been a short concept track, that would've been ok. It seems to me that after most tricks you make you're like: ok sure, i'll keep this.

I wasn't trying to come off as edgy or anything. I've just had this idea for a while and wanted to try it. And I can promise 80% or so of those syncs were intentional, and the other ones are subtle because I didn't really mean for them to be there. Mostly I tried to switch the immediate style of the track every chorus or verse, and for some parts, I tried to make it match up every beat, like at 1:12. Those parts were intentional.

And yeah, that's how I play this game. If I like it, it stays. And I liked everything about this track, at least reversed. Forward, it's not my favorite.

@iPi wrote:
Now that is a neat concept, and executed very well. I liked the unpredictable recycle part at 1:28.

Just for fun, I tried using a different song, and it works... kinda. :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGaRMeevoYk

I really liked that! Especially how it tapers off at the end.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:05 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsHdxKSFVHs

quick review hope it's helpful and stuff
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends