We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #1 - Poll #5

+2
Fauxfyre
rabid squirrel
6 posters

Go down

Vote for up to 8 videos!

Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap20%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 18 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap11%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 10 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap1%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap13%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap3%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap13%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 12 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap15%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 14 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap2%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap5%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap9%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 8 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap5%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 5 ]
Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap1%Round #1 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 91

Poll closed

Round #1 - Poll #5 Empty Round #1 - Poll #5

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:08 pm

Vote for up to eight videos!

Three of these will be eliminated, the rest will move on to round 2!

Entries:

1. Valence 3: The Outer Shell
  2. Retrograde
  3. Colossus
  4. Of Cabbages and Kings
  5. EVOL
  6. Roborant
  7. this is LOVE
  8. Buggin Out
  9. Revolution Finale
  10. Veil
  11. Funk
  12. Omega

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- EXCEPTION: I talked to Rafael last night and he says for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects, you can vote for "yourself")
- Please don't vote for yourself
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #1 - Poll #5 Empty Re: Round #1 - Poll #5

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:14 pm

*WARNING I AM IN A BAD MOOD AND HAVE STRONG OPINIONS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

Valence 3 - I kind of feel like this track goes by way too fast for me to actually appreciate it. But I do really like the music sync stuff and I feel like it coheres together pretty well overall. Can I vote for this one? I'm not sure. Ghosty isn't credited for roborant... Whatever, I'm voting for it. If rafael tells me I shouldn't I won't vote for it in future rounds. √

Retrograde - really great concept, really great execution, really great presentation, really great opening and ending. Really nice track. √

Colossus - bleh, I hate voting against scenery but I keep doing it. I love the 2 seconds with the awesome rock shading... but besides that, the track is far too long and slow, the flings don't fit into the scening style well, the monuments often feel completely random... X

OCAK - I've always felt like I was straining to see what was enjoyable about this track. I understand that it's stop and go and there's actually lots of variety upon close examination but it just feels bland and repetitive to me... like so many other quirk tracks. X

EVOL - Loved this at the time, but it just feels like a standard manuquirk now. X

Roborant - I really like the X and Y integration and stuff... but it does feel a bit, well... thrown together. Like it's just messing around instead of expressing something. I like the monument but I don't know if there is any reason for it being what it is or if it's just random. X

This is Love - I really do enjoy this one. I love how it changes styles rapidly and how the rapid changes make the whole thing work, and I love how it feels like a celebration of different styles rather than a judgement, or an attempt to impress. Not to mention that the execution of each style is really well done. √

Buggin Out - Green lines in manuquirk are fun, but I mostly see this as just, well, messing around. It is creative but I wish it has something more to say and I don't like it enough to vote for it. X

Revolution Finale - The ending is really great, and the scenery is certainly creative, but a lot of it looks rushed, there is little attention paid to the movement of Bosh through the scenery (until the end), and it bothers me that the purpose of the track is clearly "win ToC2" and nothing more interesting than that. Can't believe how little I'm voting for scenery. X

Veil - This track got me into tycho's music, and I love the song. But the track is very forgettable for me. I can barely remember anything about it, and I was the one who re-recorded and re-edited the video that is in this poll. It's a manuquirk. X

Funk - I enjoyed some of the crazy multilining towards the end, but the majority feels like very generic quirk to me, and I'm a little put off by the message of the track, which seems to be "Look how good I am at quirk now." At least it's up front about it though. X

Omega - Lol, this track is definitely unique. Nobody else has ever made tracks in this style (that I know of). But it feels like the goal here is big, fast, and intense, and that just tires me out because it's been the goal for so many goddamn tracks. The wormhole idea is cool but I wish he had kept going with that more and actually shaped the track around it (though I guess that would result in a totally different track) instead of just having two of them in the middle of track with no real context or reason. X

So far, I'm sorta surprised that I like sheldon's tracks so much, and also surprised that I am so disappointed with so many of the scenery tracks. Huh.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Shelly Leo goa splash otde

EDIT: I mean V3, not Retrograde

Last edited by Fauxfyre on Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:17 pm

You can vote for Valance 3 Rabid ^^
Voted Valance, Retrogade, Of Cabbages And Kings, this is LOVE, Revolution Finale and Veil. Really difficult choice not to vote for Roborant. It's really good but it doesn't have that special feel to me. Not Votale's best.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:28 pm

EDIT: Pointless comment retracted.

I guess I was the only one whoever noticed that Splash is the master of rotation and that Veil was one of his best displays of that. But okay. Easily GMV
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 pm

this is LOVE Eep

Still need to watch, but I know at least that I'll vote for this. Also pretty sure about Retrograde, but now I wonder... Strategically voting is a big no-no I expect? 8D
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:58 am

WARNING
"Rating" based solely on my opinion:
Im being very harsh when rating these tracks so please dont start an argument if i rated your track not as highly as you'd like.
I seperated my rating into 4 parts since i think they cover the most inportant aspects. Popularity/Viewcount or the amount of hours worked are aspects i can not rate.

Valence 3
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Creativity: 7/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 7/10
Personal preference: 7/10
Score: 29
Comment: Well thought out fling quirk that once again pushed the boundaries of quirk. Introduced the angled kramual
Retrograde
Influentiality at it's time: 7/10
Creativity: 8/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 8/10
Personal preference: 8/10
Score: 31
Comment: I like the presentation aswell as the concept. Very creative and well executed
Colossus
Influentiality at it's time: 6/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 6/10
Personal preference: 6/10
Score: 25
Comment: Some creative elements (such as the tree into bird thing) but overall nothing special even though its a scenery track
Of Cabages and Kings
Score: 28
Comment: I just love leo's style. Whish it was longer. Aside from the style its pretty standard though
EVOL
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 5/10
Score: 26
Comment: Not my fav from ZNF since i prefer his faster tracks but still i like it decently (mostly because of the memories)
Roborant
Score: 27
Comment: Cool XY. Nice flow, nice presentation. Good track
This is LOVE
Score: 29
Comment: I like all of gao's tracks. This one is very creative and although its "just" manuquirk it is far more entertaning than the standard manuquirk
Buggin' Out
Influentiality at it's time: 5/10
Creativity: 6/10
Score: 23
Comment: Feels too more-of-the-same to me. Has some cool spots but overall nothing special
Revolution Finale
Score: 26
Comment: I always liked this track but now its just not that entertaning. I cant really say why. Also its scenery is not that creative
Veil
Score: 23
Comment: As i said before, i like Splash's style but this one feels too generic. Aside from some nice flow/trick variations its too more-of-the-same-ish
Funk
Score: 28
Comment: Fresh (mostly) alt quirk with a good presentation and a nice style aswell as good variation. Doesnt get broing to watch easily
Omega
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 5/10
Personal preference: 5/10
Score: 21
Comment: Tbh i dont like ktk's style (because of lots and lots of "unfinished" and sloppy looking moves). The track has some cool and creative elements but the majority is medicore quirk even for its time
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:47 pm

Colussus, Buggin' Out and Omega are eliminated, the rest will move on to round two!
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down