We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #3 - Poll #5

+4
Opal Rider
Lukking
Fauxfyre
rabid squirrel
8 posters

Go down

Vote for up to 4 videos

Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap9%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap12%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap6%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap3%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap25%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 16 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap12%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 8 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap23%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 15 ]
Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_lcap9%Round #3 - Poll #5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 65

Poll closed

Round #3 - Poll #5 Empty Round #3 - Poll #5

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Vote for up to FOUR videos!

Four of these will be eliminated, the other four will move on to round 4!

Entries:

1. Boogie
  2. Jam
  3. Incito
  4. Driftwood
  5. Evolution of Line Rider
  6. Quirker's Laboratory
  7. Mysteria III
  8. Dot Robot

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself
Exception: You can vote for 'yourself' for large collabs (e.g. community scenery projects, clan projects, or LCC projects)
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Round #3 - Poll #5 Empty Re: Round #3 - Poll #5

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:50 pm

Jam Evo MIII

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Round 4?
Lukking
Lukking

Community Pick: SYTYKC
4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Lukking wrote:Round 4?

Fixed. Wink

Voted for Dot Robot, MIII, EoLR, and Boogie.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:31 pm

EoLR, M3, Quirkers Lab, Jam
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:51 pm

EoLR, QL, MIII
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:24 pm

MIII, QL, Incito. Eolr, for the most part is pretty boring to me now.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Boogie - Absolute beast of a track. So smooth! Groove was such a good clan. Yes!
Jam - Still the track I'm the most proud of. It taught me that hard work and setting your mind to something leads to results. I hope it makes it to the next round, we'll see. It's my own track so no.
Incito - It was fun voting for this for two rounds, but now it gets outshone by the other tracks. No.
Driftwood - I'm not patient enough to watch the entire intro, but I see why rabid chose to do it this way. The song's buildup is really cool. Great track, I like the idea of it and the beach is absolutely stunning.
Evolution of Line Rider - Really needs no explanation. Yes.
Quirker's Laboratory - This track is overrated and no.
Mysteria III - CC's drawing is just magic, and he makes the scenery fit so naturally to the track. Yes.
Dot Robot - I really like Dot Robot. Some drawings in there are absolutely insane and the track is surprisingly good too. I also like the environment. It's very varied and abstract and not abstract at the same time (I'm probably looking for another word). I haven't seen anything similar to it except maybe Dystopia. One big thing that bothers me though is how quickly all the monuments go by. Especially for a book promotion. The book cover on 0:49 looks pretty important and Bosh just flashes by it in a second. That and some track lines going right through the scenery are major flaws about this track. The latter being just laziness!

So in the end, Dot Robot or Driftwood?
I have to go with Dot Robot. Even though it's a bit of a mess I really like watching is and the drawings keep impressing me. Sorry rabid.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:43 pm

What I said in the last two rounds
Spoiler:
What I think after watching them this round:
Boogie - I still dig the flow and I still dig the creativity, to me this track doesn't really stand out or stack up against the other tracks I've been voting for this round. X
Jam - I get that this track was a herculean feat, and I know it took a long time to make, and I know it has lots of things in it that are hard to do, and I know that technically every second of it is synced to the song, but it falls woefully short of tracks like Eden 2 or Handlebars in its execution, and completely fails to convey anything meaningful, actually visualize the music, or leave any lasting impression except for "well that was a long ass track". I think the main reason for this is that the song is incredibly repetitive, and the track is not. The track does every trick in the book, while the music is just jamming, which is to say it's a nice beat with vocals that repeat. There are sections, yes (and I enjoy what Rafael did in the rap guest section to mix it up a little) but the beat and the instrumentation barely changes from one to the next. That is to say, it's a pop song. (except most pop songs have more variation than this one) There's a reason that little tumble on the "bump, whoo!" is easily the most memorable part of the track - it's because the beat actually stops for a second, and it's synced. And one more thing - the ending is incredibly weak. It goes from super intense quirk to super slow manuals and the music doesn't shift at all (which is the kind of thing I am talking about when I say it's synced on a micro level but not very well on a macro level). Wow, I did not expect this to get this long! I guess I just had a lot to say. I used to be really impressed by this track just because of the sheer length, but I don't think it has really stood the test of time. X
Incito - I think this track is a pretty solid example of how quickly tricks become dated in Line Rider. I think, or at least I hope, we've gotten to the point where we can stop focusing so much on that and start focusing on conveying ideas and emotions (and story, which you really need scenery for). In any case, this track is remarkably bland for me today because it's entirely focused on tricks and power. X
Evolution of Line Rider - I don't want to ramble on and on about this track because I had such a big part in making the project, but I do think it has a really strong message and conveys it really well (despite that damn XY section and that hand fling at the climax) √
Quirker's Laboratory - This track feels so visceral to me! Usually when I watch a quirk it looks like Bosh is pretty much just flying all over the place defying physics (sorry to generalize like this but it's true for me), but in this one there is the same power and detail except everything is PUSHING bosh. Feels so much more powerful. Add in the liberal use of granuals and flatsled, and the numerous creative moments that you don't see in any other track, and this track GMV, at least for this round. √
Mysteria III - The style is beautiful, the world building is nice. I've never seen a story or purpose or point or central idea to this track, and the monument feels a bit disjointed, but against these tracks it GMV easily. √
Dot Robot - I've said it before and I'll say it again - Awesome line art doesn't make a good track as a whole. I'm also just not a fan of this TBH for being basically a commissioned advertisement. It cheapens this medium for me. This probably invalidates my opinion on this track for a lot of people, and for the record that is totally okay with me. I actually wish I could appreciate it more but I have a heavy bias against using art for advertisement purposes without a higher cause. Make with that what you will. X
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:11 pm

Evolution of Line Rider, Mysteria 3, Quirker's Laboratory, and Jam advance to round 4!
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down