We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Round #1 - Poll #2

+4
Lukking
Fauxfyre
Sheldon
Rafael
8 posters

Go down

Vote for up to eight videos

Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap3%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap6%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 6 ]
Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap7%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 7 ]
Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap11%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap9%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 9 ]
[ 9 ]
[ 9 ]
Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap11%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 11 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 9 ]
Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_lcap14%Round #1 - Poll #2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 14 ]
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 101

Poll closed

Round #1 - Poll #2 Empty Round #1 - Poll #2

Post by Rafael Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:08 pm

Vote for up to eight videos!

Three of these will be eliminated, the rest will move on to round 2!

Entries:

1. Retroceso by Z_N-Freak
  2. Nocturna by Nirobi
  3. Variety Act by LCC
  4. Mudskipper by .boo, Hedgehogs4Me, and SPL4SHZ0N3
  5. Boogie by Groove
  6. Limitations by LCC
  7. Evade by SPL4SHZ0N3
  8. Blitzed by SethComposerGuy
  9. EPIC by Z_N-Freak
  10. Dot Robot by BlessHisCottonSocks
  11. Lilac Wine by Hedgehogs4Me
  12. Sahasrara by PainLobster

Rules:
- Watch all tracks before voting (if you've seen them before, a re-watch is recommended but not required)
- Please don't vote for yourself
- No begging/bribing/duping or otherwise cheating
- We will not change your vote after you cast it - make sure it's accurate

Embedded videos:
Spoiler:

Once again I'd like to say: Get your old LR friends to vote, and always vote yourself! We need everyone's support to make this competition as valid as possible Smile
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Round #1 - Poll #2 Empty Re: Round #1 - Poll #2

Post by Sheldon Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:18 pm

Tough poll..
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:22 pm

Mudskipper, Limitations, Blitzed

EDIT: Look at me nominating the only track in this poll with more than 4 votes (at the time) for the contest at the last minute

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Went for Boogie, Lilac Wine, Dot Robot, Nocturna, Limitations and Evade.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:39 pm

WARNING
"Rating" based solely on my opinion:
Im being very harsh when rating these tracks so please dont start an argument if i rated your track not as highly as you'd like.
I seperated my rating into 4 parts since i think they cover the most inportant aspects. Popularity/Viewcount or the amount of hours worked are aspects i can not rate.

Retroceso
Influentiality at it's time: 4/10
Creativity: 4/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 7/10
Personal preference: 6/10
Score: 21
Comment: More of the same from ZNF. Not his best. Pretty good flow though
Nocturna
Influentiality at it's time: 7/10
Creativity: 8/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 6/10
Personal preference: 5/10
Score: 26
Comment: Cool scenery concepts. Track is ok
Variety act
Creativity: 5/10
Personal preference: 7/10
Score: 22
Comment: Standart quirk with an ok monument. Nothing special
Mudskipper
Creativity: 5/10
Score: 23
Comment: Pretty stylish track. Nothing special though. Messy flow in some parts
Boogie
Influentiality at it's time: 5/10
Creativity: 7/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 8/10
Score: 26
Comment: Also pretty stylish quirk. Some nice unexpected moves. Good music choice
Limitations
Influentiality at it's time: 7/10
Score: 27
Comment: I like the concept even if it was not executed perfectly
Evade
Creativity: 6/10
Score: 23
Comment: Not my fav from Splash but i like his style. Good music choice
Blized
Score: 22
Comment: Standart SCG track with some cool moments
EPIC
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 5/10
Personal preference: 8/10
Score: 28
Comment: I really like this one (because of the memories). Weird flow in some spots
Dot Robot
Influentiality at it's time: 6/10
Creativity: 8/10
Score: 29
Comment: Very skilled scenery track. Good presentation
Lilac wine
Influentiality at it's time: 8/10
Personal preference: 8/10
Score: 31
Comment: The more i watch this video the more i like it. Everything is put together well. Love the music
Sahasrara
Presentation (Music/editing/vibe): 5/10
Score: 20
Comment: Pretty standart quirk at its time with some cool elements

Can't wait for the next polls. This is so fun!! 8D
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:04 am

*WARNING I AM IN A BAD MOOD AND HAVE STRONG OPINIONS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK*

I tried to put aside all thoughts about standards of trackmaking and what is collectively assumed to be good, and also put aside the memories of what these tracks meant to everyone when released, while I was watching these. I can't say that I felt any of them had anything clear to say, but feel like I could tell that in most of these people enjoyed making what they were making, which felt good.

In the end, some of these tracks just... clicked with me, as I rewatched them just now (most I've seen dozens of times before), and some of them just... didn't click. I ended up voting for the ones that I connected with at some point. Which, in the end, was Variety Act, Boogie, and Blitzed. (huh only 3, thought there were more than that. ah well)

Retroceso - feels pretty more-of-the-same to me. I know ZNF invented this kind of track and his tracks really hold up against other tracks like it... but it this style doesn't do it for me anymore. X

Nocturna - unfinished, sloppy in spots. Theme is consistent but kind of bland overall. Really sad that this is considered one of the best scenery tracks we have to offer. X

Variety Act - I just dig the variety man. Seeing all these people making such different styles just makes for a really cool aesthetic, and it could possibly have that effect someone who doesn't even know what a gravity well is. √

Mudskipper - I know that this track is praised a lot but I've just never been able to see it as something that a non-quirker (me) can appreciate. X

Boogie - I dig the flow. It's still really really fast paced for my non quirker eyes but the stop and go is slow enough and dramatic enough that I can see what is happening. And there are some moments that strike me as quite creative. √

Limitations - just.. disjointed. first 90% is a long wait to get to the 10% that is comically over-the-top intense. Neither the first 90% nor the last 10% do it for me. X

Evade - I dunno why the flow in Boogie clicks for me but the flow here doesn't. It just feels like... it never pauses to catch its breath? This track has never really clicked for me, though. X

Blitzed - Sorts feels monotonous at times and the song doesn't always sync, but it matches it overall in style, and there are a few parts that sync and I enjoy them. √

EPIC - I have great memories of this track and how awesome it was. Memories aside, this feels pretty generic to me today. X

Dot Robot - I've been able to understand why people like this track but to me it's never really looked like anything beyond a bunch of drawings that don't mesh well with the track. X

Lilac Wine - I loved this track when it came out, but nowadays it just feels like more-of-the-same fling quirk to me. I remember talking about the awesome attention to rotation on the marathon but I always feel like I'm straining to try to actually see it. (And if I'm straining to see something good about a track I probably shouldn't vote for it) X

Sahasrara - I remembered this felt really groovy a while back, but I don't get that feeling from watching it today. It just feels like a do-whatever track with a groovy song slapped on. X

I know I'm super negative, and I'm sorry if my attitude is ruining your day (no really, if I am making you upset, I truly am sorry about that). I'm just disappointed that we haven't moved beyond messing around (at least for the tracks in this poll) to make things that mean something to everyone. I'm sure you're tired of hearing that but I'd rather post than keep my thoughts inside my head, in the hopes that someday I might find people with similar philosophies.

If you feel the need to argue with me or ask me to change, please just do yourself a favor and don't read these long rambling pointless posts where I prove nothing to nobody and mostly just make an ass of myself via blunt honesty about how I actually feel about tracks. It'll be much better for everyone if you just leave me alone.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:43 am

Rating all those tracks actually helps tremendously to see what we are lacking to do in a lr track....
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:17 pm

I decided in late 2007 that x/10 ratings didn't help me evaluate line rider tracks when I reviewed them. At least it doesn't work for me. (Imagine if I went through a modern art gallery and rated every artwork there on a points system, lol)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:21 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:I decided in late 2007 that x/10 ratings didn't help me evaluate line rider tracks when I reviewed them. At least it doesn't work for me. (Imagine if I went through a modern art gallery and rated every artwork there on a points system, lol)
It helps me make difficult decisions on what track i vote for. Also, i would totally rate modern art from 0 to 10 xD
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:53 am

I think Limitations is a solid 5/7

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:49 am

I give Lilac Wine a 5/starfruit
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:27 pm

I'm feeling you rabid. I completely don't see tracks like I did anymore. Everything feels pretty bland. From the mash I went for Nocturna and Variety Act, and slapped a vote on Limitations. I just got bazinga'd by the end.

Anyhow, Variety Act feels the most solid here and Nocturna could be maybe even better if it would get a proper edit. It's quite sloppy recording/editing.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:41 pm

LET'S GO BOYS

RETROCESO
Tight manuals, and a ROCKIN' ZNF vibe! I absolutely love everything about the way this is presented. I feel like I'm watching a rock concert in Line Rider. I'm surprised at how much I like this. Definitely a sleeper hit for me.

NOCTURNA
I want to like this more than I do, but it just feels so incomplete. Damn you, previous Tourneys, for deadlines. I love the track, too, but I also wish there was more scenery interaction during airtimes. Also, goddamn, this was a good track to have Muse to. I like the music here.

VARIETY ACT
I love this music too-- works with all of the styles! Kudos to Votale for that. Speaking of styles, this showcases a bunch-- and they're all SO well done. I didn't expect to like it this much, but WOW. I also realize how much I miss Painlobster's style. I also wish georgio and votale had collabed at some point, that woulda been radical.

MUDSKIPPER
10/10 mudskipper intro. As an editor, I appreciate .boo's recycle inclusion. I also like the juxtaposition of the dreamy music with the frenetic pace of the track. I also like Hedge's parts better. They feel more powerful and less "poppy." Overall, an excellent track. This poll is already harder than the last one.

BOOGIE
Such a good music choice. The stop n' pops were fresh, and there was a surprisingly good sense of structure, despite the collaborative nature of it. Sounds like everyone was in the "groove" Wink This one was a good jam, if nothing else.

LIMITATIONS
The music is... interesting. I also don't really like how the last few parts make the rest feel like filler. The beginning feels like "make whatever until the lady goes HHHHIIIIIIIIII DHHARREEEEEEE YEWWWWWWWW" and then the drop happens and it's just like "neat?"

EVADE
Had to take a look at this one again. This one was actually hella fun to watch. Splash has an incredible sense of manipulation, and you can really see him play with Bosh in this track. "I stop here, even though it's an awkward position, and BOOM, he's out again. Check that shit out."

BLITZED
I went into this with high regard toward this track. I was always skeptical about SCG doing such a frenetic style, but it really, actually worked. I like how when the song gains intensity, the tracks slows down, but then gets DENSE. Feels like the track sounds. God, this poll is tough. I adore this track, still. Glad it's held up so well.

EPIC
Fantastic for its time, but it's like watching the Olympic High Jump before the Fosbury Flop was invented-- it's still super cool, but doesn't quite do it for you in the same way. That being said...
MAMAS PUT YOUR BABIES TO SLEEEEEEEP

DOT ROBOT
Wish the track was decent. Wish the scenery was themed beyond "dude check out this novel about young adults and technology." I mean, it's good-- REALLY good-- but it's short, and the track feels kinda boring, and there's not enough interaction. I like it, but I don't. I am terrible at having an opinion about Dot Robot.

LILAC WINE
HAHA HEDGE YOU DIDN'T ACTUALLY LEAVE AFTER THIS
...anyway. This is one of the most emotional quirks I've ever seen. Hedge just drops bosh into that manual and it's just this instant "fuck yeah" and bosh just feels like he's flying, and the whole thing is glorious and full-circle and incredible. One of my favorites here.

SAHASRARA
Oh god, why do I love all of these? This track is so fast and powerful, but it's also got this "soul" that I can't really define, but I love it and it is here in heaps. GOD, this poll.

THINGS I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR IF I WASN'T AN ABSOLUTE WALNUT
Retroceso
Variety Act
Mudskipper
Boogie
Evade
Blitzed
Lilac Wine
Sahasrara
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Retroceso, Nocturna, and EPIC are eliminated.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down