We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

+12
Conundrumer
Sheldon
anton
JealousCloud
Rafael
Lukking
GhostY
Apple
roflmaoqwerty
efrazable
TCR
rabid squirrel
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) Empty The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

Post by Chuggers Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:09 am

The bulk of my total knowledge altogether is probably all linerider, so I'll gladly explain anything you've ever wanted to know about the games mechanics or otherwise in a way that's easy to understand and reproduce.  I'm hoping to build a database of linerider knowledge, all viewable from the index spoiler below, or later on in something less spoiler-based.

The index features all images published so far, with the drawn text transcribed into readible font, which also have some corrections or information that I wasn't able to fit in the image.
Red text highlights usually titles
Blue text highlights terms of interest/importance

index of total knowledge:

Last edited by Chuggers on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:28 pm; edited 11 times in total
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) Empty Re: The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:12 am

Can I co-host this? I can help out with answering, like, history stuff and scenery stuff?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) Empty Re: The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet)

Post by TCR Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:30 am

How can i test out how my track looks in full speed with a crappy computer?
Is the only way to let someone else record it for me? Or is it another way?
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:02 am

How do I what the butt fling
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:17 am

rabid squirrel wrote:Can I co-host this? I can help out with answering, like, history stuff and scenery stuff?
I'll think about it, I'm trying to keep every answer similar in aesthetic so I can fit everything into a line-pedia sort of thing

Everyone else, I'll answer to yours when I get home.
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:06 pm

TCR wrote:How can i test out how my track looks in full speed with a crappy computer?
Is the only way to let someone else record it for me? Or is it another way?

The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) Ad64b5b85b
added to index

efrazable wrote:How do I what the butt fling
be less vague or ask something i can understand

cmon people, ask away! I know you all want to know some random thing
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:03 pm

What are your tips for smoothly getting into flings with weaker contact points (i.e. 2nd peg, butt) after a strong roll or a lot of rotation? It seems like it takes me forever to get a series of stable pulls when I try flings with any combination of uncommon contact points.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:50 pm

what is your theory on kramual cannons in other directions than up
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:What are your tips for smoothly getting into flings with weaker contact points (i.e. 2nd peg, butt) after a strong roll or a lot of rotation? It seems like it takes me forever to get a series of stable pulls when I try flings with any combination of uncommon contact points.
I made a few images for this one

first, to aid with possible rotation issues getting out of a roll and into this type of fling:
The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) 0cbcdd8cdb

then tips to stabilize most or all flings within reason
The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) 51ac61c3be

I hope these are of aid, I might make a second bit to the fling tips part for more clarification

also, added images to index
also, keep in mind that first law of flow is like one of 10-20
also, if you cant read my handwriting, ive transcribed everything in the index into text below the corresponding image

Dapianokid wrote:what is your theory on kramual cannons in other directions than up
i don't know what you mean by this, be less vague
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:05 pm

by 'what the butt' i mean 'the butt fling that made me go 'what'".
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:50 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:Can I co-host this? I can help out with answering, like, history stuff and scenery stuff?

Why don't you open your own thread? I have some questions about trick origin.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:18 am

can you please explain how people do that one thing where bosh does a granual and then flips on top the line and goes back down doing a manual or vice versa
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:34 am

Is it possible/feasible to make an infinitely repeating track and whats the best way to make that happen?
Lukking
Lukking

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:25 am

^ Yes. I'll leave the explanation for Chuggers :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:15 pm

GhostY wrote:can you please explain how people do that one thing where bosh does a granual and then flips on top the line and goes back down doing a manual or vice versa
i hope this is what youre talking about
The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) 2b28bfc78f

Lukking wrote:Is it possible/feasible to make an infinitely repeating track and whats the best way to make that happen?
heres everything i can tell you
I'll probably make more slides on infinity later on
The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) 81eae84b92

my eyeeesssssssssssssss
The Complete Index of LineRider Knowledge (Not So Complete Yet) 942f104027
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by JealousCloud Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:48 am

I really like the idea; can you make a slide on how to execute certain moves, such as kramuals, gravity wells and how they work, and various manuals?
JealousCloud
JealousCloud

see you, space cowboy...

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Chuggers wrote:my eyeeesssssssssssssss
Spoiler:
Welcome to my world, lol. This is like, everytime I update a CSP OP or write a newsletter.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Chuggers, it's much easier to do an infinite track if you ask me! All you have to do is make a vertical kramual while going upward. Then use an X line to make him stop  going upward and go downward (dead point). Then use a gwell to get him out.

https://imgur.com/xvp3cqT <- picture for illustration

If you recycle that kramual going upward again, the dead point will be at exactly the same spot, and the gwell will be recycled again, along with the entire track.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Rafael wrote:Chuggers, it's much easier to do an infinite track if you ask me! All you have to do is make a vertical kramual while going upward. Then use an X line to make him stop  going upward and go downward (dead point). Then use a gwell to get him out.

If you recycle that kramual going upward again, the dead point will be at exactly the same spot, and the gwell will be recycled again, along with the entire track.
This suffers from the same issue as mine, the recoil will be different when he hits the horizontal line unless you match the first speed during the recycle

Unless i'm imagining this all wrong
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm

Chugs is right
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:20 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Rafael wrote:Chuggers, it's much easier to do an infinite track if you ask me! All you have to do is make a vertical kramual while going upward. Then use an X line to make him stop going upward and go downward (dead point). Then use a gwell to get him out.

This suffers from the same issue as mine, the recoil will be different when he hits the horizontal line unless you match the first speed during the recycle

Unless i'm imagining this all wrong
I think Bosh is set to a halt, after which gravity takes over. The accelaration will be the same in both cases. Now I'm not sure anymore though.

I guess someone needs to try this before we can say for certain.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukking Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:46 pm

i tried it with a red horizontal kramual. The speed matters alot
Lukking
Lukking

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:29 pm

my theory with the horizontal line below him seems more solid in that he will always at least stop completely in the same spot, but you can never tell how exact it is with the micro-vibrations that are off sync because frames matter so much

lonevampire, im making the images for your question as i speak, ill probably edit them into this post
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:45 am

There is something that hasn't been brought up yet, as far as my knowledge goes.

I've observed two different types of wells. It might be the same thing, but they seem to affect him differently. For now this is just speculation on my behalf.

1. Wells that have a visable impact on contact points. You can see the contact line is jaunted to the black part of the well.
2. Wells that do not have a visable impact on the contact points. It is a registered hit, but no contact points are visably drawn towards the well. This occurs mainly when the well is far away.

Can someone confirm or contradict? Thanks
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:34 am

Me and dapiano tried many methods, this one seems less practical than them. getting him
to be dead at exactly that spot seems impossible and the downward y line will only bounce him back faster on one of the occasions
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next