We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

+14
OTDE
LineMagiX
Rafael
Yobanjojoe
Helios Pavonine
SethComposerGuy
rabid squirrel
GhostY
Getthim
[senpai] kevans
RyderLR
efrazable
Chuggers
Wolf_Spirit
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project. - Page 3 Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:14 pm

Nope. good thought though, we should consider it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project. - Page 3 Empty Re: Evolution of Line Rider Scened: Let's do this. Community Project.

Post by OTDE Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:46 pm

Awesome! Let's think this idea through:

>>Who? I'm thinking SCG for the track, and any number of people for the scenery, though both of those are open to suggestion.

>>What? Nobody's animated anything more complicated than a stick figure, numbers, an airplane cutout. How complicated do we want to get?

>>When? That is, who's available to do it?
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Back to top Go down

Post by Getthim Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:55 pm

i am happy to help animation wise, will need to know set zoom level, what would be good (kinda thinking animated head) and would like to try and finish my track before this but we will see
Getthim
Getthim

A bumble bee bumbling along.

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:33 pm

At what point in the track should we pop out of the original naked track, and how?

Previous ideas to move away from the original naked track were shot down pretty quickly.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Sooo, 2015 huh.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:38 pm

Don't you hash on Sheldon
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:01 pm

well since this is bumped I may as well posted an update. Before we work on finishing the scenery I want to make a EoLR 2.0 of sorts.

1) redoing the ending starting at the pinch at the end of aspi's part. Sheldon has expressed interest and he has the .sol but I dunno if he's working on it yet. The idea is to do a kramual reversal on the big sync and then some highspeed stack/roll stuff.

2) I want the version of LR to change in the video as we move through the video. So:
- Beta 1
- Beta 2 rev. 6.2
- Beta 2 rev. 6.7
- Beta 2 rev. 6.X
- Beta 2 rev 3.4.X
- Line Rider Advanced
The big hurdle here is getting a B2 sol loaded in a version that looks like B1. Or maybe I could try to do some motion graphics magic...

3) I want the resolution of not just the video but the recorded size to change over the course of the video
- 360p (600x800)
- 480p (600x800)
- 720p (1280x720)
- 1080p (1920x1080)

4) I want everything from CC's scenery onward to be in 16:9. This means:
- reframe the track from that point forward
- draw more scenery to fill in the empty spaces on the sides
- possible mask splitting at the splits...
The big, big issue with this is figuring out how to transition from 4:3 to 16:9. The best idea I have currently is to manually take pictures while resizing the window pixel by pixel and stepping forward frames. Which might be what I have to do, lol. I'm not sure if I could manually resize a window one pixel at a time 80 times without some kind of tool though. The transition is also on top of the most complex zooming-during-the-track sequence in the whole recording, basically it's a nightmare >.< can't really work on any of it until the track is done though.

5) scenery for the modern quirk. We need something that has never been done before... the route I am taking is working on methods of scening this stuff and seeing what looks good. It'll probably be a long time before I feel confident enough to actually start working on the scenery.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:14 pm

If sheldon is taking the part after aspi, he should try and make sure the skill gap doesnt become like what was seen in limitations, but rather have it increase gradually into what we are capable of today
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:07 pm

ive got 5 seconds how am I supposed to transition properly lol
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:21 pm

[1/1/16, 11:13:18 PM] Ben Harvey: starting at the part that's marked in the .sol
[1/1/16, 11:14:33 PM] Ben Harvey: we want something that will last about 5 seconds until 2:54:10
[1/1/16, 11:16:35 PM] Ben Harvey: that 1) sort of suspends him in some sort of tension
and 2) sets him up for aitrime until 2:54:38
[1/1/16, 11:17:18 PM] Ben Harvey: at which time there will be a kramual reversal
[1/1/16, 11:17:38 PM] Ben Harvey: from downward to upward
[1/1/16, 11:20:12 PM] Ben Harvey: we don't want him to rotate much, and we don't want him to change direction or velocity suddenly during those 5 seconds
[1/1/16, 11:20:51 PM] Ben Harvey: but probably gaining speed would be good and slowly curving him into a downward direction would be good
It'll actually be pretty different than aspi's part bc music change but probably not any more intense or better looking

and then after the airtime, we're doing a kramual reversal and gigaquirk insanity with the sync so yeah that will be a huge shift (like every other section in the track...)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:29 pm

*Teraquirk
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:29 am

yeah that ending deserves our finest.
I would like to help finish the last insanity. Also, gl sheldon to trying to gradually increase up to a couple seconds of quit/e/t
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:22 am

It's not a gradual increase it's a suspension, airtime, and then a SUDDEN increase :|
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:13 am

update
rabid squirrel wrote:1) redoing the ending starting at the pinch at the end of aspi's part. Sheldon has expressed interest and he has the .sol but I dunno if he's working on it yet. The idea is to do a kramual reversal on the big sync and then some highspeed stack/roll stuff.
the suspension up to the big moment itself has been done by Anton. He was working on gigaquirk after that with our idea of releasing it as EoLR 2.0, but what he was making wouldn't work for EoLRS, and he's stopped working on it anyway. So I'm trying to find someone to make something that would work for EoLRS. The best thing would be continuously upwards gigaquirk but sheldon and anton have told me that that is a near-impossible thing to do. So I'm a bit stuck on how to proceed.

rabid squirrel wrote:2) I want the version of LR to change in the video as we move through the video. So:
- Beta 1
- Beta 2 rev. 6.2
- Beta 2 rev. 6.7
- Beta 2 rev. 6.X
- Beta 2 rev 3.4.X
- Line Rider Advanced
The big hurdle here is getting a B2 sol loaded in a version that looks like B1. Or maybe I could try to do some motion graphics magic...
I am convinced that there is only one way to do the first bit and that is to create a version of Beta 2 that looks exactly like Beta 1 in playback. I'm considering reaching out to kevans as nobody else seems willing to do it, but he's unlikely to respond positively to my asking.

rabid squirrel wrote:4) I want everything from CC's scenery onward to be in 16:9. This means:
- reframe the track from that point forward
- draw more scenery to fill in the empty spaces on the sides
- possible mask splitting at the splits...
The big, big issue with this is figuring out how to transition from 4:3 to 16:9. The best idea I have currently is to manually take pictures while resizing the window pixel by pixel and stepping forward frames. Which might be what I have to do, lol. I'm not sure if I could manually resize a window one pixel at a time 80 times without some kind of tool though. The transition is also on top of the most complex zooming-during-the-track sequence in the whole recording, basically it's a nightmare >.< can't really work on any of it until the track is done though.
I could work on this while I try to figure out the other two but I've put it on the back burner.

rabid squirrel wrote:5) scenery for the modern quirk. We need something that has never been done before... the route I am taking is working on methods of scening this stuff and seeing what looks good. It'll probably be a long time before I feel confident enough to actually start working on the scenery.
Not even close to this stage ATM

EDIT: putting the disclaimer about patreon in the OP
Spoiler:
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:35 pm

I'd still be willing to scene some of this, I've got some ideas and would be happy to be a part of this again.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:29 am

Wolf_Spirit wrote:I'd still be willing to scene some of this, I've got some ideas and would be happy to be a part of this again.

same here Smile
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 am

rabid squirrel wrote:1. Make gigaquirk ending (upwards? should it even be gigaquirk?)
2. Make Beta 2 hack that looks like Beta 1 in playback to record #1
3. Expand #8 & #9 above to be 16:9 aspect ratio by reframing and adding scenery
4. Create finalized recording with all versions, aspect ratios and shifts, resolutions, and zooming up through #9
5. Make scenery for #10 - #12 above ^
I sorta want to tackle 1-4 before we get to #5. Definitely would need to tackle #3 before #5 at the very least. If one of you wants to make a mockup to convince me to jump ahead to #3 go for it. Take the file in the OP. Here's a memory refresher:
rabid squirrel wrote:The scenery we just left is incito-scaena style scenery, and that was like, circa 2010, and we want this to be "past" that, which doesn't really exist haha but it has to be new and different.

Continuing the trajectory from the LRG-style scenery CC made to the awesome busy abstract stuff ghosty made, I think the next place to go would be something more abstract and bolder that flirts with animation and is simpler. And then as we move toward the end we should get totally unafraid of filling in shitloads of black, and also move towards emphasizing the quirk lines and how they affect Bosh.
I know I promised that I would get to this ages ago and now I'm giving a mildly dismissive response, but much has changed in the world of Line Rider since then and I have this project on the back burner for the time being.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenileReckus Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:02 pm

Bumperoo, just so you know, we're WAY past the deadline. Want me to help?
JuvenileReckus
JuvenileReckus

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:51 pm

Where's the current .sol for this?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:02 pm

I have all of them!

Next on the to-do list (all could be worked on simultaneously):
- Scenery for the modern quirk (I've written about this above)
- Finishing the ending. In light of new discoveries by Ride Liner I think a wormhole sending Bosh upwards followed by some super fast spinning is what we want
- Reframing the track from CC's part onward in 16:9 and extending the scenery to fill it
- figuring out how to change the aspect ratio in the video while zooming in 6.7
- Figuring out how to load up a Beta 2 sol in a Beta 1 lookalike or create a beta 1 lookalike in post production
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:15 pm

I'd be very happy to have a go at the scenery for modern quirk if you want to send over the .sol?
I've got a lot of ideas and can have a go at drawing a few out if you like?
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Sure thing
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88470717/WCCEoLRSsavedLines.sol

feel free to hmu on skype too
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Thanks man!
May need to skype call you in a day or two when I have time off so I can work out all the new LR versions, haha.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Im interested in picking back up where anton left off on recreating ending..
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:15 am

Sure
rabid squirrel wrote:In light of new discoveries by Ride Liner I think a wormhole sending Bosh upwards followed by some super fast spinning is what we want
Here's the file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88470717/EoLRS%20final%20setup%20for%20end.savedLines.sol

Music file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/88470717/pines%20of%20the%20appian%20way.mp3
offset is 149.2
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next