We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

+14
Nubcake
Wolf_Spirit
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
Lone Rocket
Purtle
StingDaFling
Lankher
LineMagiX
rabid squirrel
Cereal
MartinJulenissen
IGotGreasyBalls
Ktk
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] - Empty - Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

Post by Ktk Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:15 pm

Concept: Welcome to Line Rider

Finished
PPT - Tools of Line Rider

[/b]

Everyone saw Dev's "Choose a Ride" video and everyone thought it was fun. There were the following problems:
- Needs a better method of moving around, NOT time switching. Annotations+
- Length can be longer by adding annotations

Code:

How this will work

Title of Item
Tutorial, showoff, description, tl;dr: your video.
Annotation to videos linked outwards from video.
Annotation to the Beginning of the video (Welcome to Line Rider)

Temp IRTL can apply this type of video to get people captivated and interested in Line Rider. AGAIN, SOMEHOW. =_=

Storyline. If this is going to be a collaboration there needs to be a basic point of knowledge that everyone knows. This is where the plotchart comes in. Every person will make a circle for their own clip they will have. They will connect their clip to another clip that is the path to get to his own clip, and then link their own clip to anything else (or nothing) to create another path. Here is an example.
- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] - 90426637
(Everything in this diagram is hypothetical.)

Everyone starts with the intro. Then they get to choose between track basics, made by PPT, or jump into the generally more interesting scenery, made by LRG.

If the person chooses BASICS, they can go to XY or recycling. From recycling, they cna go to scenery or stlals.

You'll see there are two arrows going to nowhere. That is for other people to join in an fill in on relevant clips. If this will go well, there should only be a maximum of 3 paths from a video.

The clips themselves will have a small track (10sec~1.5min) and explanation (done in a good way, so trackmakers w/o editing can submit to edit0rs) that describes their clip.

This introduces the newbie, the uneducated, the Youtubers, what Line Rider is. Not just a guy riding pencils anymore. :< and right now, it's just a concept.

Lastly, this has a chance of working because a person does his own style. Collabs are definitely workable and it'll show noobs who to go to for advice, instead of those silly "help i need ot know how to whatever" threads.

Points we need covered
if you disagree, or want to add a point, post!
WHAT IS LINE RIDER (intro)
TOOLS OF LINE RIDER 6.2 (basic line rider)
Manuals - Including Zero points, Boost curves
Recycling concept
Scenery / Scenery Splits (Concept)
The Gravity Well

XY?
The Anti Gravity Well (AGW, SLAGW)
Stalls (famous to generic - 1liners, 2liners, agws, magnet, balanced, other)
Glitches of Line Rider (Upside down, colorplay, etc)
What is a Quirk?
Switching
Editing/Recording

Up for consideration
Flow (Definition)
Length (Ideal length)
Speeds & Styles (Smooth, progressive, alt, highspeed, XY, scened)
Movement types (rotational, translational, vibrational)
Anatomy of Line Rider (now we know gwells, now explain hand wells, foot wells, etc)
Granual/flanuals
Alt flings
flings
pinches

HOW TO SIGN UP!
Download the image, fill your name one of the boxes (size 18 Times new roman, or smaller). If you have any disputes on where the arrows go, please post. If you want more boxes, please post.

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img20/5579/welcome2lr.png

Sign your name on the bottom after joining a slot.

Last edited by Ktk on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 16 times in total
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] - Empty Re: - Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Hmm sounds like a good idea, and we need more people to play linerider. I'd also be willing to help with quirk if needed.
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

https://dinnertrader.com/

Back to top Go down

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] - Empty Re: - Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

Post by MartinJulenissen Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Why not XY recycling???
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:55 pm

It's not important enough to be its own topic. This is very basic material, just what you need to get around. You can easily match XY and Recycling to get XY recycling.

We should get the pros in this too. Anomaly himself could do one on the gravity well, becuase ALL THE NEWBS have no clue what gwells are, and they go "lolwtf hacking" at gwells. Same goes for AGWs, Conun could do that (remember Omniverse? =p)

Updated.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:01 pm

good idea.

I would make a manual section... but I might be busy.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:13 pm

I could do scenery splitting and techniques or whatever, I believe I'm pretty good at that, or at last at teaching it :P (and lolwut I was actually thinking of making a scenery tut like YESTERDAY)

Idea of awesomeness btw. If this catches on I'll sticky it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:15 pm

I'll start a list of applicants to try to get this stickied. :O

I'll take... I'll take whatever's leftover.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:36 pm

This is an amazing idea.

Also, alt quirk? If conun doesnt want to sign up for that, i'll try it out.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:54 pm

I'll merge progressive and alt quirk and you're in. I want conun to do agw's anyways.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:28 pm

yeah.. i wanted to join.. but then i realized ktk was running this, so no thank you.
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:55 pm

i was going to sign up for progressive but i guess not since magix took it. ;_;

can i have flings? i dont know what style, but if there's something similar to my skills id like to do it.

i dont really understand this, can i have a brief overview plz
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

https://www.youtube.com/user/StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:27 pm

You're basically explaining a style or concept to a person who is thinking about joining line rider. Or convince a person to do that style, not overboard though. Make a small track, take clips of other tracks, (with permission of course..) DEMONSTRATE THE ITEM YOU CHOOSE.

you can ask boo if he wants to collab. But I'm limiting collabs at 2. Else it'll be too complicated.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:30 pm

mk, so i have to explain a style and present an example. seems reasonable. ill ask ,bew if we can do it together

how should i present the presentation?

edit: nevermind, he said no. i just wont join because i totally fail at all other styles Sad
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 pm

I just don't want this to get too complicated @ sting. I was just planning on doing the editing myself and making a very short track for a demonstration.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:04 am

you could do glitches, editing/recording, stalls, or even think of another important aspect of line rider to teach...

glitches are like color-play, upside down, freeze, etc.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:07 am

thats a good idea but no thanks, i only know the colorplay glitch, and i think i'll leave that up to someone who can record/edit better.

i'll just stay out of it, unless i find something i know well how to do. i guess ill think about it for a while
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:19 am

I iz do basic.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Rocket Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:58 am

So on the bottom line, it is a series of tuts with a full example track? :P.
Lone Rocket
Lone Rocket

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:09 am

why the linking thing? Because if it's a series of tuts, don't you just wanna see them all in a paticuliar order (easy to harder to pro stuff). So I'm not getting the comparison with Devray's choose a ride.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:19 am

I do manuals.

Must I upload that pic with me doing manuals now?

Also, where are highspeed manuals and Integration? definately an own style.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 am

Because then they get to choose a path they want to pursue, and they can skip over things that don't interest them. :<

Also I thought dev's idea was cool and i wanted to implement it. We could have a string of paths for a person to choose. If you look at any given line rider video, the entertainment value (See Youtube Insight for this) decreases a lot at around 1-3 minutes into a video. IDK if it's blueplay or whatever, people don't keep their interest. If we make this interactive we'll retain their attention better.

This doesn't have to be super serious, we can have lols :|

@ Raf I was thinking about it, but then high speed manuals and integration manuals are, when it comes down to it, manuals. You can go over all styles of manuals in your manual tut, though. Start simple please. XD

@LR yeah, sort of. we could use clips from other tracks to highlight their use toooo.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 pm

Lankher wrote:yeah.. i wanted to join.. but then i realized ktk was running this, so no thank you.
That was completely unneeded. If you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut. :|

Z_N-Freak wrote:why the linking thing? Because if it's a series of tuts, don't you just wanna see them all in a paticuliar order (easy to harder to pro stuff). So I'm not getting the comparison with Devray's choose a ride.
What Ktk said, so you can learn stuff in any order you wish. Line Rider is an art more than a skill Wink

This is coming along really well Smile (ofc, the real test will be when we actually start making videos and stuff)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:55 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img89/5579/welcome2lr.png
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

https://dinnertrader.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by StingDaFling Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:28 pm

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img30/5579/welcome2lr.png
Spoiler:

amidoinitrite?
StingDaFling
StingDaFling

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Well I'd like to do something on popular scenery techniques for different styles of tracks.
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next