We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with splitting overlapping scenery

+3
theacp127
Wolf_Spirit
Fauxfyre
7 posters

Go down

Help with splitting overlapping scenery Empty Help with splitting overlapping scenery

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:06 pm

So I am doing scenery on a big track, so I know I will need to split. I watched HKay's tutorial and understood all of it, but he didn't mention what to do if some areas overlap. In particular...
Spoiler:
Would I just place this entire area in a box? Is there some other method to do it? I haven't ever split a track (or even done a full scenery one), but I'm hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew in terms of how difficult splitting will be. I'm at 7k lines, running at ~15 fps. The track isn't going to be uber detailed (i.e. Incito Sceana), but I am going to try to put some effort into this. Most of the track isn't like this, it is very spacious, I just want to know how to deal with this part once I get to it

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Help with splitting overlapping scenery Empty Re: Help with splitting overlapping scenery

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:13 pm

I need this too as I can only scene like 9k parts :b
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Help with splitting overlapping scenery Empty Re: Help with splitting overlapping scenery

Post by theacp127 Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:25 pm

It looks like you might have to make two or three different splits of the track in that one area. I'm no expert on this though.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:39 pm

ohi multiverse
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:45 pm

you could do it like ghosty in incito or the one by sdf and make random splits and have a good editor fix it
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:47 pm

efrazable wrote:ohi multiverse
Are you sure this is a good idea? You saw what happened to Thanatos...

In all seriousness, I'd make that section just a single box, and reuse the split several times in the editing.
Best of luck to you on this... ambitious project!
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:45 am

If you want to do HKay style splitting, 7k is not gon be enough man.

HOWEVER you can mask split and that will enable any number of lines.

Here is what you do.
- Draw stuff
- When you get too many lines...
----- SAVE as "part 1 done" /2/3/etc
----- erase stuff you don't need anymore, but keep stuff you will need in order to draw stuff you haven't yet
----- SAVE and continue working as usual
- make sure not to scene anywhere twice on different mask-splits
- When you are done, you have to record all of the saved and mask them over each other. this will help: https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t5387-
- If you don't wanna, I will do it for you just ask!

Sound good?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down