We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find out about Line Rider?

+19
LineMagiX
Stallie
Chuggers
Darkness
TheRevTastic
Morgan
Votale
Pawel3
Kohuda
hypothet
SPL4SHZ0N3
ACwazHere
roflmaoqwerty
darklight
Opal Rider
Binglinerider
efrazable
Fauxfyre
rabid squirrel
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How did you find out about Line Rider? Empty How did you find out about Line Rider?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:03 pm

I think I was in 8th grade and my best friend said that he found a cool game. So then he showed me Line Rider and I began playing it. Then somehow I found IRtL and now here I am! 8D

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Line Rider? Empty Re: How did you find out about Line Rider?

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:07 pm

man oh man

I was doing stuff with game maker and my friend said I should submit it to some site and I went to the site and found line flyer and then another friend was like "you idiot play the actual game" and then I found beta 2 and then linerider.org and then a week later IRTL opened
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

How did you find out about Line Rider? Empty Re: How did you find out about Line Rider?

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:11 pm

I first found it sometime in 6th or 7th grade by the spinoff called Line Flyer, where Bosh rides a motorcycle instead of a sled. Then I found a couple tracks of him on the sled (the first tracks I saw were Jagged Peak Adventure, Urban Run, and One-Eyed Giant iirc), so I started playing that version for years on and off until I finally joined ELR in March 2012, and started getting active on WRTL about a month later.

...and now I have no idea how I got to be where I am now, but it has been a great year with you guys 8D

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:12 pm

I started playing in 2007 with all of those great vids on youtube, but I got bored fast. Then my friend started making a youtube channel in 2010, so to counter him, I thought i could show videos of line riders on my channel. After about my 6th video someone suggested IRTL on my comments. ACTUALLY LEMME CHECK.

*checks*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UMaLxowodQ
lankher wrote:join weridethelines(dot)com, make a hello thread and if someone says "beware of lankher" i win.
(great line rider community)
And then I was a total douche to him after nobody told me to beware of lankher. I feel bad.

EDIT: Oh gawd now I'm looking back at all of my old videos and crying. ;-;

Last edited by efrazable on Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:14 pm

My friend introduced it to me around 8th grade back in 06.. can't believe its already been that long lol
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:30 pm

Summer between eighth and ninth grade, it was shown to me by a friend. My obsession with the game started after the same friend told me it was impossible to draw lines backwards. So I proved him wrong. And then I started getting better.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 am

I started playing right around the time beta 2 came out, heard about it from a friend. Still play it today for some strange reason.
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 am

I started playing way back in the TechDawg era, couldn't give you an exact date, but I was young, I sucked, and I never really got into it. In my infinite boredom in early 2012, I was thinking of old stuff I used to do and decided to pull up Beta 2 as a nostalgia trip. I searched "line rider videos" or something in Google and ELR came up, so I lurked there for a month before participating. Then ELR died, so I lurked here on WRtL for a month before participating, and good lord I have come a long way.

I tried to find my super old tracks, but I think I messed up the .sol a long time ago Rolling Eyes
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:04 am

=3

My brother showed me beta 1 in the fall of 2006. It was really hard so we just tried to kill him in funny ways. I was in 8th grade I think? Then I started playing the Zanga ripoff version (the one where every line was red) because it had an eraser and I think a flag. Then I found out that 6.2 was out and I was like "oh yeah this is better." I remember making MANY MANY tracks in the winter. I remember a series I started where I would just have him ride disconnected curves (lily padding) and I'd scene each straight line as one shape throughout the entire track. My triangle one was the best. April 10 I joined IRTL, June 6 (I think) I joined .org
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:25 am

I was contacted by Anshar, the sky god, who told me that I was involved in an ancient prophecy. One day, Tiamat, the ocean-chaos deity (happened to be his grand-mother) would come and take me from Anshar's clouds, throw me into the ocean and drag me into her depths. Anshar said that his sister and wife, Kishar, could protect me once that day comes, but only if she finds me valuable. Anshar said that his parents, Lahamu and Lahmu, were having a new son, and I would need to protect their son in any way possible and bring him to the safety of Kishar's arms. This means of protection is what we know as Line Rider, but really we are creating worlds for Lahamu and Lahmu's new son (bosh).

Last edited by SPL4SHZ0N3 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:27 am

McDonalds Line Rider ads.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 am

An ad.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:13 am

I don't remember ;_;
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:17 am

Cousin showed me back when it was on addictinggames.com, I was probably like 13 or 14.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:59 am

Like when i was 15 Freshman year I searched cool internet games and line rider popped up. It said if you havent played this game, you havent lived. And I was like I want to live! So i made a track and posted it on the interwebs, it sucked. Link if you want lol. Then Votale messaged me and told me about this site.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Summer before 7th grade I kept seeing TechDawg's videos being recommended to me. Finally took the leap and watched them, found the site, got into the game and now I'm here almost finished with my first year of college and not playing the game until Unleashed comes out :P.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Jesus. Way back in the beta 1 days and early .org.
i think I was just bored in school and just searched for "physics games". Beta one came up and it was a pain in the ass. Figured out how to make straight lines and just played. Then beta 2 came out and I was hooked. Being able to erase lines was amazing. .org started dying so I sorta jumped to IRtL and was kind of an asshole. Never really released any tracks but I had fun playing and getting better.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

i found techdawgs tracks then made one and then came to irtl
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Alright well I was in 5th grade, it was 2008 I believe and it was summer time but with a few days left of school. I was talking to my friends when this sixth grader said "Hey look at this game called liner rider" and everyone went running over to the computer. I looked at it and said "hmm maybe I will try it", so I got on the computer at school and for the last few days of school my friends and I played line rider, but then in a couple of days, for some reason everyone said that "two people and I where the best line rider players in the school". So I decided to continue with my line rider career but I did take a few breaks here and there, but I was mainly into line rider from when I had my first YouTube Channel till now.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:35 pm

Vague Effect by AC :P
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanth Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:46 am

I was like 5 years old back in September 2006 and my brother said he found a cool game on DeviantART, so yeah I've been playing that long :3
Xanth
Xanth

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:21 pm

Back in like 4th grade I saw Rabid's "Bolted to the wall" and Besshiscottensock's "dot robot." Then I started playing around on linerider.com. I made just made little simple tracks, but because I had only ever seen line rider tracks scened, I took the time to scene every old track I ever made. As a 4th grader they looked really bad. I found the ELR site and lurked there for a year. Then I forgot about Line Rider until I got my own laptop, I remembered how much I loved the game so I came back. I made my first track in 4 years. Then I think Hedge saw my video some how and told me about this place, and since ELR was dying, I stayed here. I will never leave <3.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:38 am

theacp127 wrote:Back in like 4th grade I saw Rabid's "Bolted to the wall" and Besshiscottensock's "dot robot." Then I started playing around on linerider.com. I made just made little simple tracks, but because I had only ever seen line rider tracks scened, I took the time to scene every old track I ever made. As a 4th grader they looked really bad. I found the ELR site and lurked there for a year. Then I forgot about Line Rider until I got my own laptop, I remembered how much I loved the game so I came back. I made my first track in 4 years. Then I think Hedge saw my video some how and told me about this place, and since ELR was dying, I stayed here. I will never leave <3.
My track was the first one you remember seeing? Inverted Onoz
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:18 am

rabid squirrel wrote:My track was the first one you remember seeing? Inverted Onoz
It actually is. I must have watched it almost 50 times.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Stickheadz32 Wed May 01, 2013 8:23 pm

Around 2007, when I discovered Line Rider in a random entertainment site that isn't like Youtube, more of a forum. When finding about quirks, flings, tricks, holds and such, the inspiration and flow moved me on as I develop tracks. But now, I lost interest of Line Rider and is developing on something else impossible.
Stickheadz32
Stickheadz32

https://www.youtube.com/Stickheadz32

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next