We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eden

+29
Commandercoke
Sheldon
Chui Ninji
Derpinator
Sssschiller
Georgio_jc
Hedgehogs4Me
Lankher
TheRevTastic
Wizzy
Votale
Opal Rider
CamQuartr
Fauxfyre
efrazable
Rafael
LineMagiX
Orthuss
OTDE
Sonoftheluster
Wolf_Spirit
pure5152
roflmaoqwerty
SETH
[senpai] kevans
Chuggers
Inukaza
Cereal
Helios Pavonine
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eden - Page 2 Empty Re: Eden

Post by Georgio_jc Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:07 am

dude :O
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 am

Votale wrote:
CamQuartr wrote:Skillfully, that track was very impressive

though I felt like it lacked the most important aspect of LineRider: Fun

All of my yes to this comment. It just didn't have the fun-to-watch feeling of a Leo/Anomaly/Georgio track. It was damn impressive, but to me that's not the only important factor.

As some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism (Inb4everyoneexplodesonmebecausewecan'ttakethiskindofthinghere), it lacked manuals and speed variation, a lot. There was like 1 manual that lasted for more than .001 second, so I was like "nyaahhh sad face</3". And it was basically the same speed the entire time aside from the end and a little in the XY. And the end was my favorite part honestly xD I'm just that guy that isn't impressed by ASDFs because I don't find them hard myself, but don't let that take away from the track. I appreciate other things more I guess. Also, some of the airtime made me like "ew gross" because it felt out of place or awkward, but that's cool beans.

HOWEVER, it was freaking cool. Like I was expecting this kind of style because I know you dig it and it's like that teddy bear you love the most, but I wasn't expecting it to be even near this level. I was pretty shocked, gotta admit. Just make sure you don't pull an Aspi and try so hard you're like "Well I never want to do that again I quit." Have fun, because fun is fun to watch. I enjoy making funky stuff and fun stuff cause I'm like "teehee that tickles my fancy." Anyways, great stuff, you impressed me Smile
Thanks. This is the kind of comment I can really appreciate. :P

1) It was supposed to be a very gravitational quirk.
2) The first 40 seconds were made on my previous computer on which LR runned at 15 fps, I really couldn't see how it would look like in 40fps. (This also explains the forced rotation).
3) The airtime was supposed to be synced to... well, no, the song was supposed to sync to the airtime but since I couldn't find such song I just went with the song that synced best.
4) If you think this is forced and not fun and Sheldon, you're wrong because all of it is experimental and I love experimenting. =D

kevansevans wrote:
CamQuartr wrote:Skillfully, that track was very impressive

though I felt like it lacked the most important aspect of LineRider: Fun

I agree.

Helios didn't agree that having fun, and not focusing mainly on skill, could result in good tracks. Now that I watch this again, I'd have to say this track is now a 8.5 out of 10. It felt a little forced, like you kept saying to yourself the entire time "DIS WILL BE THE BEST TRACK IN ALL DEH LANDS, JUST THEY WAIT, THEY"LL SEE, THEY"LL ALL SEE!"

Okay,not quite literally that, but that's what it felt like.

2 cents
Even though I had that feeling a lot, see 2) and 4).

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Very Happy
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 am

Helios Pavonine wrote:Thanks. This is the kind of comment I can really appreciate. :P

1) It was supposed to be a very gravitational quirk.
2) The first 40 seconds were made on my previous computer on which LR runned at 15 fps, I really couldn't see how it would look like in 40fps. (This also explains the forced rotation).
3) The airtime was supposed to be synced to... well, no, the song was supposed to sync to the airtime but since I couldn't find such song I just went with the song that synced best.
4) If you think this is forced and not fun and Sheldon, you're wrong because all of it is experimental and I love experimenting. =D

No prob :P

And that's understandable, it's just a few tips for your next track, should you decide to make another similar to it. Of course it wouldn't be like "GO CHANGE THIS TRACK AND RE-RELEASE." haha but yeah, do what you enjoy, I can see you enjoy this kind of thing ^^
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 am

It had some Sheldon-feeling to me Wink Awesome track, I enjoyed watching it!
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:05 am

Holy [censored] helios that was [censored] awesome!!!! 8D
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:42 pm

Lol it's already on its second page and it was only posted yesterday evening. xD The hype is strong with this one. The track definitely lived up to it too.

Idrk what to say about it lol. It was freaking awesome. I do want to point out the minimal amount of airtime, and how well you used that minimal airtime. I really liked it. Solid shiz right here.

Also, I miss the era of "epic" and "serious" music. xP In combination with this modern quirk track... it gave me a confused feeling of nostalgia and skillful impressiveness. Which I liked.

If there was anything I had to point out that I didn't like, I didn't like the kramual. It just didn't fit very well in my eyes.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Helios, I knew you could do it. There is one downside to reaching a level like this, you can't go back. Line Rider for me was a learning experience. To see just how good of a track I could make. Tricks can only be so complex, wells can only be so powerful. Your motives may be different though, Good luck.

Great track, that takes patience.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:04 pm

Sheldon wrote:Helios, I knew you could do it. There is one downside to reaching a level like this, you can't go back. Line Rider for me was a learning experience. To see just how good of a track I could make. Tricks can only be so complex, wells can only be so powerful. Your motives may be different though, Good luck.

Great track, that takes patience.
I want to expand my horizon.

That's pretty much it.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:15 pm

THIS is exactly why I mute videos when making a decision for a contest. People are too easily persuaded by music. ._.

I actually try to alter my music choices drastically to see how it changes the response.

Personally, I think that some nightwish fits this track just fine. Wink
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 pm

I didn't listen to it with music :P
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:25 pm

My only complaint at this point in time is the fakie airtime; not the airtime itself - I loved it- but after that there was barely any track left. It felt...idk...just meh. It also kind of irks me when I can see the stall of a track seconds before the track's finished. I see the stall and I'm like "Oh, there's the end. I'm done paying attention."
Poor choice of text for the intro, but that's irrelevant. I enjoyed the track. It was both technically impressive (I'm assuming. All modern quirk is impressive to me.) and creatively impressive.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am

efrazable wrote:inb4 LCC
Holy [censored], I'm LCC now!

Commandercoke wrote:My only complaint at this point in time is the fakie airtime; not the airtime itself - I loved it- but after that there was barely any track left. It felt...idk...just meh. It also kind of irks me when I can see the stall of a track seconds before the track's finished. I see the stall and I'm like "Oh, there's the end. I'm done paying attention."
Poor choice of text for the intro, but that's irrelevant. I enjoyed the track. It was both technically impressive (I'm assuming. All modern quirk is impressive to me.) and creatively impressive.
The end was intentional:I tried to create a simple ending without going crazy on future quirk. I leave that for my next tracks. :P
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:02 am

Helios Pavonine wrote:
efrazable wrote:inb4 LCC
Holy [censored], I'm LCC now!
Hehe
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 pm

I don't care about the music. Seriously, I don't. And this is the only track where I can say that, the video is THAT good.

Favorite track of all time, as I thought when I first saw a bit a while back.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:23 pm

gj on LCC.

the tricks and speed in this was amazing. Thumbs Up Inverted Onoz
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:36 pm

watch this with some radiohead, it fits pretty well.

Now to delve into this .sol....
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:41 pm

It was one of those tracks that just made my jaw drop to my desk in pure amazement. Shocked
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:47 pm

theacp127 wrote:It was one of those bumps that just made my jaw drop to my desk in pure amazement. Shocked
Fix'd
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2