We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses...

+2
Georgio_jc
efrazable
6 posters

Go down

DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses... Empty DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses...

Post by efrazable Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Stimulating activity and asking those questions you didn't want to ask, Debate of the Week 1! 8D

If people don't care about responses to their tracks (or the majority liking their tracks), then why does someone's style change over time? Why does one even publish tracks at all if they aren't masterpieces? Why do people occasionally feature their videos? Why do people put a list of inspirations with the expectation that said person must give a response?

Discuss :|

Last edited by efrazable on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses... Empty Re: DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses...

Post by Georgio_jc Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Short answer: They care.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses... Empty Re: DotW1- If People Don't Care About Responses...

Post by Wolf_Spirit Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:21 pm

Georgio_jc wrote:Short answer: They care.
*Wolf_Spirit likes this comment*
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:22 pm

1st, no comment, as I think people appreciate any criticism they get because it helps them get better (at least that's me, not sure about everyone else)

2nd, people like to try different things. Line Rider is fun, I don't think anyone wants to feel pressured to always put every fiber of their being into making a masterpiece track.

3rd, because.

4th, don't quite understand your reasoning; too generalized

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:25 pm

If people don't care about responses to their tracks (or the majority liking their tracks), then why does someone's style change over time?
Style change doesn't have to do (in my experience) with what people think, but what you think.
My style hasn't changed much imo because I don't really know what to change.

Why does one even publish tracks at all if they aren't masterpieces?
My answer: lololo

Why do people occasionally feature their videos?
They like the videos.

Why do people put a list of inspirations with the expectation that said person must give a response?
Do they?
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:05 pm

If people don't care about responses to their tracks (or the majority liking their tracks), then why does someone's style change over time?
I appreciate criticisms wholeheartedly, but I take criticisms on style with a grain of salt. I believe that everyone, myself included, is entitled to their own style. If people don't like my style, I understand, but no one can make me change against my will. My style evolves independently of other's perceptions of it.

Why does one even publish tracks at all if they aren't masterpieces?
I will never have a masterpiece and don't plan on pursuing one; 1) it's not even in my dreams ATM, and 2) I believe there is no such thing as a perfect track. Even if I reach my zenith, there will be room for improvement.

Why do people occasionally feature their videos?
If I'm proud of something, I wanna toot my own horn as much as possible; I guess it's just an ego thing, which is alright in moderation. However, I believe a truly good track will speak for itself, hype notwithstanding.

Why do people put a list of inspirations with the expectation that said person must give a response?
I wouldn't expect, say, aspi to come out of the blue and comment on my tracks, but he's sure an inspiration. Same goes for active players, they can comment if they feel like it, but I'm not forcing them to, and I hope that they do not feel compelled to comment simply because I mentioned them.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Also, who thinks people don't care about responses? Whoever did doesn't get a review from me anymore :|

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Kramwood wrote:for those who care:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSUxOCTyAiM
Holy sandals! You ARE human!
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down