We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Some tips on how to record properly.

3 posters

Go down

Need Some tips on how to record properly. Empty Need Some tips on how to record properly.

Post by theacp127 Wed May 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Ok. I've got a version that plays at 8fps, got the recorder set at 8fps, have video out put at 40fps, key frames set at every 500, but all I get is slow motion of the track. What do I need to change?
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Need Some tips on how to record properly. Empty Re: Need Some tips on how to record properly.

Post by Fauxfyre Wed May 02, 2012 10:32 pm

This is how I record my tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjIXNRpxAQY

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Need Some tips on how to record properly. Empty Re: Need Some tips on how to record properly.

Post by theacp127 Wed May 02, 2012 10:44 pm

shotoku wrote:This is how I record my tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjIXNRpxAQY
Most people could do that but with my mac none of those programs work.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Thu May 03, 2012 3:03 pm

theacp127 wrote:
Most people could do that but with my mac none of those programs work.

Hai, my name is Cam, and I think I can help you.

If your computer is up to date, and has Mac OSX Lion (10.7) you may notice that QuickTime X has a built in screen recorder. From there you can drag over the selection of LR you want, then record. I would HIGHLY recommend making the Line Rider window size 1280x720, or even 1920x1080 if your screen allows for that resolution. From there, you can bring the screen record quicktime (compressed using h.264) into your editor program. I am most commonly familiar with Final Cut Pro, but if you use iMovie, or even Premiere (Pro or elements) or various other editing and composting programs it does you just as good. I use the normal 6.7 to record. I start recording using quicktime, then press M toggling slowmo to slow it down to slowmotion. From there, I wait til its done then put it in my editing program. You mentioned how you have the 8fps swf with recording at 40 frames and keyframes at 500. Yeah, that's truly unnecessary (unless you plan on masking scenery). Line Rider is a simple, so don't over complicate it. When you put the quicktime in your editing program you will notice the clip is a couple minutes long, so to change it, speed the clip up. One way you can do it is look at the LR timer, and judge how long it has to be by that. In Final Cut or Premiere, (not sure about iMovie, I went from iMovie 06 to FCP, and never learned the new iMovie) you can simply speed up the clip by 870%, and it gets it pretty close to actual speed.

If you are using Mac OSX 10.6 you can do one of several things:
You can use the fullscreen quicktime recorder, but change your screen resolution to either 1920x1080 or 1280x720. If your screen resolution is already 1080p, then great! Just go command F and you'll be playing LR in fullscreen.
You can get a 3rd party screen recorder. I would recommend iShowU HD, but Snapz Pro X is alright , and Display Eater works but not very good. Rabid Squirrel has (or at least had lol) a link to the free shareware verson.

If you are using Mac OSX 10.5 or 10.4, then you'll have to use a 3rd party verson. Anything OS older than that, well you're kinda [censored] then lol.

Hoped this helped Very Happy

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Thu May 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Thanks that helps a lot! Inverted Onoz
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down