We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member Wants Tips

+8
Opal Rider
Lankher
Sheldon
CamQuartr
Orthuss
Cereal
Chui Ninji
efrazable
12 posters

Go down

New Member Wants Tips Empty New Member Wants Tips

Post by efrazable Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Just got an account! I have had lots of videos of good tracks I've made. I made my first quirk :facepalm: shortly before joining, but I think I could do better. Can anyone give tips on making quirks? Here's the video, if you need examples of what I could to better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x5LFH3ponw
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

New Member Wants Tips Empty Re: New Member Wants Tips

Post by Chui Ninji Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:21 pm

Well, outside of fixing your recording, I have 2 tips specifically for quirks for you:

1. Be sure to know Bosh's contact points and how they work very well. This usually comes with experience, but if you learn your theory physics (or anti-physics, in this case) beforehand, your quirks will improve with an explosive speed.
2. Be patient. If you don't get it the first time, keep on trying. Try and "zone in" on specific aspects of the wells. Try and work with one part of the line at a time, i.e. keeping position constant and changing the angle, or vice versa.

In-general track making tips:
1. Make it look nice. As peculiar as that sounds, it helps with well strength and stuff sometimes.
2. Try and have more directional variety. Go up, go down, go left, go right. Go EVARAYWHARRR. 8D I don't mean little minute shenanigans either. A little bob to the left and up every now and then while you're going to the bottom right does not constitute for directional variety.
3. Make your tracks longer! A 30 sec track is generally considered short. I'd say a 1 - 1:30 is a good length for a track.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 pm

Before worrying about quirks, try to get manuals down. They are much easier to learn, and they are a necessary part for 99% of tracks :P

I thought that the track had some nice moments in it, however I would consider this a mini track. As Chui said, try to make them full length.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 pm

That's pretty good for your first quirk. I looked at your other videos, they were pretty nice too. I guess I could just second Cereal at this point about the manuals. Anyways:

1. Improve your manuals Very Happy
2. Experiment with gravity wells and flings. When you feel somewhat comfortable with those, that's a good time to start a long track.
3. Add more upwards motion, this track kind of only goes downwards. It's easier to do so once you improve your manuals & flings.
4. Make your tracks longer, people would rather watch longer tracks than shorter tracks.
5. This is just a tiny thing, and should probably not be mentioned, but please post in the appropriate forum section next time Wink
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:49 pm

Oops. Post in the right forum section next time. ZNedit: I moved it for ya =) efrazable: Hey! Thanks!

Last edited by efrazable on Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Reply.)
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:58 pm

oh hey, You use a Mac, I can help you with recordings =D (Which would greatly improve your overall video)

alright first thing first, Record your track in slowmo (pressing M) then after speed it up on the editior, which in your case is iMovie (I use Final Cut Pro)

second thing, about recording, is that you should try and attempt to make your Line Rider window 720p, which is 1280x720. If you are using the online verson, I would surgest downloading Flash Player, and a Line Rider Standalone which you can get here (file save as).

Before worrying about quirks, try to get manuals down. They are much
easier to learn, and they are a necessary part for 99% of tracks New Member Wants Tips 92494

^that.

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:20 pm

Heres a tip dont quit because of intimidation I was once a noob how ripped tracks I thought I would never reach standards but I did And it got me this far.

We need more riders keep it up Very Happy
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Sheldon wrote:Heres a tip dont quit because of intimidation I was once a noob how ripped tracks I thought I would never reach standards but I did And it got me this far.

You never reached standards, noob
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:20 pm

I guess we should put something about not listening to lankher on here too. don't listen to him. Wink
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:29 pm

Opal Rider wrote:I guess we should put something about not listening to lankher on here too. don't listen to him. Wink

I used to suck p00p in 2008, but I listened to lankher, and now I am the mastah of the universe.

Opal liez!
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crash2burn Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 pm

a mac user :o
crash2burn
crash2burn

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Lolz kidding, but whatever.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:01 pm

Just don't listen to lankher when he's being mean. :| When he's being useful he's...useful. 8D

Protip: Use :| and 8D a lot. People will like you more. 8D
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by -Nexus- Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:08 pm

hello
-Nexus-
-Nexus-

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Opal Rider wrote:I guess we should put something about not listening to lankher on here too. don't listen to him. Wink
He told me that if I made a thread like this and if someone posted something along the lines of "beware of lankher" that he won. I think he just won like 4 times.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by WTB Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:35 am

Lankher wrote:
Sheldon wrote:Heres a tip dont quit because of intimidation I was once a noob how ripped tracks I thought I would never reach standards but I did And it got me this far.

You never reached standards, noob

Lol...standards...

Look, here are some of my tips for you.

-You seem to know what g-well chains are supposed to be shaped like, make sure each line affects bosh. Don't continue the chain until bosh is affected by a line
-You should try to develop gravity FLINGS instead of chains. Flings are essential at keeping speed and flow (not necessarily high-speed). As to how to make them EXACTLY, that part is difficult to explain. For me it was a *click* moment, or an a-ha moment. All I recommend is just watching some tutorials, I think ZNF has made some tutorials that are sitting in his YT channel.
-Please don't feel intimidated. EVERYONE, even people like kramwood, ZNF, and Anomaly, started as a beginner at some point in time. Just have fun and play line rider, you'll discover the tricks along the way. In a lot of ways I'm actually jealous of you. The game is still fresh and new for you, and you can still feel the happiness of making things such as your first fling, manual, head fling etc.

-Don't feed Lankher the trolls

EDIT: Also, about the length: I wouldn't worry too much about it. I still remember what LR was like when I was first trying it, and I didn't necessarily want to make full-length tracks. If you want to post something on WRTL, I'd recommend making a bunch of small tracks and show a compilation of them.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:39 am

efrazable wrote:ZNedit: I moved it for ya =)
see it's stuff like this that makes mods more noticable. keep up the good work znf.

anyway as far as tips goes try to get good flowy manuals before you step up to Gwells.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down