We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alluvian - pure5152

+9
Painlobster
chaomocha
Cereal
rabid squirrel
WishLine
RyderLR
Sssschiller
rich
pure5152
13 posters

Go down

Alluvian - pure5152 Empty Alluvian - pure5152

Post by pure5152 Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:37 am

A tasteful blend of progressive and alt notes, I present "Alluvian," a track 3 months in the making.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOao93i45k

It's actually less impressive than it sounds. When I mean "3 months," I mean I started the track three months ago, worked on it on-and-off for about a month, got side-tracked by other tracks (no pun intended), and slapped a stall recently.

That kind of on-and-off trackmaking is typically what happens. The result is tracks that are pretty outdated and, as mentioned in the video, "passé."

I hope this leisurely style of trackmaking doesn't compromise quality, however. I tried to make a fun, entertaining track that encompassed both style and tricks, without attempting to "force" anything. If you enjoyed the track, then I did my job.

Enough talk. hope you enjoy "Alluvian." Smile
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Alluvian - pure5152 Empty Re: Alluvian - pure5152

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:00 am

Really like it man, favorited.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:22 am

That was too funky, too creative and too awesome...sorry I didn't like it!

<3 it man!
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by RyderLR Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:09 am

That was so fun to watch! Very Happy That music sync at like 0:59 I think was absolutely amazing, fit perfectly. Love the fact that it is a long track, I was beginning to think, okay the ending should be here somewhere......no here.......here???....but no lol it went on for a good 1:30 nice job! Thumbs Up
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:09 pm

WishLine track rating system
Section 1 – Track Creation (5 Points out of a possible 5)
Spoiler:
Section 2 – Track Progression (8 Points out of a possible 10)
Spoiler:
Section 3 – Manuals (5 Points out of a possible 15)
Spoiler:
Section 4 – Quirks (17 Points out of a possible 20)
Spoiler:
Section 5 – Track Beginning and Ending (5 Points out of a possible 5)
Spoiler:
Section 6 – Scenery (X Points out of a possible 25)
Spoiler:

Section 7 – Track entertainment value and comments (11 Points out of a possible 20)
Spoiler:
Scoring
Scened = N/A/100
Naked = 51/75
Final Score = 68%
Score-aid
Spoiler:

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

that was fantastic! Love your tracks pure, I hope you never stop making them. They always manage to make me smile.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:12 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:that was fantastic! Love your tracks pure, I hope you never stop making them. They always manage to make me smile.

I love them more :| Pure will you have my babies, raise them in the alps to be great lineriders.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:26 pm

rich wrote:
rabid squirrel wrote:that was fantastic! Love your tracks pure, I hope you never stop making them. They always manage to make me smile.

I love them more :| Pure will you have my babies, raise them in the alps to be great lineriders.
Oh yeah? Well I love them +1 :|

Your amount of control manages to improve with each track release, and this one never dragged in the slightest!

Definitely one of the most enjoyable tracks I've watched in the past few months. Smile (Oh, and I'm a little confused about those 2 green lines)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:28 pm

Cereal wrote:
rich wrote:

Your amount of control manages to improve with each track release, and this one never dragged in the slightest!

Definitely one of the most enjoyable tracks I've watched in the past few months. Smile (Oh, and I'm a little confused about those 2 green lines)
He draws the green line so he can set his first real line where ever he wants, may it be a gwell. But he never deletes it, and I never understood why.
rich
rich

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:47 pm

Quite the tune on this one, love it xD. Such a happy feeling track, really well done too, nice work man, keep it up!
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:58 pm

That was awesome! This track in particular speaks to my theory that you are actually the freaky love child of anomaly and leomur.
I give this track a giant pile of sex/14.
My rating system is a bit simpler than Wishline's.
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by weebit Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:23 pm

I don't always watch alt quirks, but when I do I watch Pure's tracks.
weebit
weebit

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:02 pm

rich wrote:Really like it man, favorited.
thanks a ton old friend x)

Sssschiller wrote:That was too funky, too creative and too awesome...sorry I didn't like it!

<3 it man!
woah! my heart skipped a beat there xD

ryderofthelines wrote:That was so fun to watch! Very Happy That music sync at like 0:59 I think was absolutely amazing, fit perfectly. Love the fact that it is a long track, I was beginning to think, okay the ending should be here somewhere......no here.......here???....but no lol it went on for a good 1:30 nice job! Thumbs Up
no music syncing intended. really, I just sifted through a bunch of songs, thought this sounded good and "matched" the track, and called it a day. But now that you mention it, that "sync" at 0:59 was pretty cool haha

WishLine wrote:WishLine track rating system
Section 1 – Track Creation (5 Points out of a possible 5)
Spoiler:
Section 2 – Track Progression (8 Points out of a possible 10)
Spoiler:
Section 3 – Manuals (5 Points out of a possible 15)
Spoiler:
Section 4 – Quirks (17 Points out of a possible 20)
Spoiler:
Section 5 – Track Beginning and Ending (5 Points out of a possible 5)
Spoiler:
Section 6 – Scenery (X Points out of a possible 25)
Spoiler:

Section 7 – Track entertainment value and comments (11 Points out of a possible 20)
Spoiler:
Scoring
Scened = N/A/100
Naked = 51/75
Final Score = 68%
Score-aid
Spoiler:
I don't totally agree with this system, but thanks anyways Smile
EDIT: HEY YOU JIPPED ME 3 POINTS. I included a "butt manual." doesn't that count as a "special manual" :|

I have this uncanny and vexing habit of making multiple tracks simultaneously. The result? many long tracks posted in quick succession and then bouts of inactivity. In short: expect more stuff, hopefully better, soon.

rich wrote:

LOL.

Cereal wrote:
rich wrote:

shucks man, thanks a ton. or five tons. five tons of gold, how 'bout that?

rich wrote:
Cereal wrote:
rich wrote:

He draws the green line so he can set his first real line where ever he wants, may it be a gwell. But he never deletes it, and I never understood why.
Like rich said, I use the two green lines so I can place my first line wherever I choose. There's another reason that I do this, though. Before I learned of the "c" color playback in 6.7, I had to do that "press-y right after loading" trick to get my color playbacks right. And the first two lines would always not be in color. Thus the first two lines starting off my track. It's kind of unnecessary now, however, but I like to keep the lines as they're sort of a trademark/penchant of my own.

chaomocha wrote:Quite the tune on this one, love it xD. Such a happy feeling track, really well done too, nice work man, keep it up!
I heard you're coming back, chao. I can't wait to see something from you again too ^^

Painlobster wrote:That was awesome! This track in particular speaks to my theory that you are actually the freaky love child of anomaly and leomur.
I give this track a giant pile of sex/14.
My rating system is a bit simpler than Wishline's.
simpler, and a bit more comprehensive :]

weebit wrote:I don't always watch alt quirks, but when I do I watch Pure's tracks.
shucks man, means a lot.
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Ayo Wish, I love that you're reviewing, but your system might need some tweaking. Line Rider is an almost completely blank slate, one that everyone at WRTL chisels at a little bit differently. Every track is completely unique, so every review must (I think) be similarly freeform.

Pure, that track was a leeeetle better than "great." It was pretty damn amazing! You know how to work a LOT of action into a very small space (and time).

One thing that bothered me in a very nitpicky way (I like to watch the track once with my brain turned off, to get the general feel of the track as a whole, then watch it again and pause at the juicy/not-so-juicy bits) was a certain type of "stop" that you used. The first type (0:39), where there was a sudden cessation of either momentum or rotation before a powerful exit, was totally awesome. The second type (1:11-ish), where Bosh sort of flolloped a little bit (FLOLLOP IS MY WORD) before the powerful exit, kind of made me feel weird. I mean, normally, that's sort of cool, like when anom would use it. I think maybe my problem is that the music was very forward and consistent, while Bosh would sort of lollygag around before "catching up" to the music. Iono. I think your tracks would fit better (that is, you could use both types of stops without making this weirdo on the internet feel strange) if you used a funkier, more laid-back artist, like when anom used Tipper for Jolly, or when you used Stevie Wonder for Sublime Swing. It feels cooler, at least for me, and seems to fit your style better.

I LOVE your manuals! They have a fun, droll shape about them that makes them a bit more fun to look at than a track with perfect circles. Granted, that uniformity can be staggering when used effectively, but I think your manuals fit the general pattern of the track much better. What really amazed me though, is the way you managed to make every manual propel bosh in a strange and unexpected way. When I look at my tracks, it's easy to predict where everything's going, and I can't do that with this track. Kudos for that.

The rotation was also very crisp, in that you seemed to have great control over it and played with it as you wished. Controlled tracks, for me, have always felt very professional (if such a term can be ascribed to LR), like you know what you want, you know how to do it, AND you executed it perfectly. That feeling was certainly there for me in this track. When a track is controlled like that, it makes it easier to fun/advanced/cool things like recycling, which you pulled off with grace and skill.

I adored that last manual section. It was freaky and weird in a good way and very fun to watch. I could tell you were approaching them as a quirker, because it kind of requires the perspective of someone who specializes in another style of line rider to make something creative like that. Loved that.

Last note: I love that you weren't afraid to get a little messy, but still kept it from plunging to ktk-levels. Good on ya.

Loved the track overall, I wanna see moar!
Spoiler:

Toodles!

--OTDE
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:06 am

Marry me.

In all seriousness, I loved it more than one can imagine. Amazing job.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:26 pm

Dude. I have nothing to say about this. This is way too sexy for words. I love you.
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down