We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rafael - Jam

+34
LineRiderGjert
LineMagiX
Wizzy
MattBlythe
Derpinator
Wolf_Spirit
hypothet
Georgio_jc
Lankher
Helios Pavonine
pure5152
theacp127
OTDE
efrazable
Painlobster
SPL4SHZ0N3
Opal Rider
Sheldon
Orthuss
weebit
RyderLR
Cereal
Inukaza
Votale
CamQuartr
Stallie
BoltKey
[senpai] kevans
JoaTrades
WishLine
Josro
Chuggers
SETH
Rafael
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 Empty Re: Rafael - Jam

Post by MattBlythe Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Wizzy wrote:Alright here's what I think, feel free to disagree.

Conclusion: Would I watch it more than once or twice? Honestly, Probably not. Will I remember it? Yes for the most part.

I watched it twice and stuck in my favs for... JAM!

laters Smile

MattBlythe

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Okay before I say anything about the track i just want to say
I Love you, Raf!
Finally, I feel like someone has the same experimental mindset as me. The difference is that you're certainly better at staying focused and dishing it out. I love how throughout the whole track it felt like you were going at every line with the same experimental drive, whether it be extreme or more relaxed. I believe you accomplished what I was trying to get at with Infinite. Smile

Throughout the years I've noticed that when I watch tracks I seem to always be watching very carefully for those "wtf awesome" moments or tricks, and that stuff makes it way more enjoyable to watch. I love how it makes you go "Whoa that's possible?" and makes you want to go and try it yourself or even 1-up it.

As for those specific moments I was talking about, I literally laughed out loud at certain parts including 2:50, 2:55, 4:19, and 4:44, and that run at 4:47 (This was my favorite part of the track!)

Anyways, in the end this reminded me of a longer version of CF3 (This definitely isn't a bad thing. CF3 is my favorite track by hedge.) and you did exactly what I was going for in Infinite and executed it really well!

Much Respect brother. =]
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:03 pm

One more thing, you could have hinted the use of MJ in the preview, I was expecting Requiem :|
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Oh Wizzy, always such a debby downer. Hehe

(Seriously, Efflorescence is an overrated load of lines)

Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:21 pm

Cereal wrote:Oh Wizzy, always such a debby downer. Hehe

lmao xD funny way to describe a track
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:56 pm

MattBlythe wrote:
Wizzy wrote:Alright here's what I think, feel free to disagree.

Conclusion: Would I watch it more than once or twice? Honestly, Probably not. Will I remember it? Yes for the most part.

I watched it twice and stuck in my favs for... JAM!

laters Smile

hahah owned. +1 for you Matt.

Cereal wrote:Oh Wizzy, always such a debby downer. Hehe

+1 for you also xD
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 Empty lol

Post by MattBlythe Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:04 pm

...me playing line rider ______________/----^^^-----¬¬¬\__________ Panic

hahaha... Thumbs Up

Last edited by MattBlythe on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I can)

MattBlythe

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:59 pm

Wizzy wrote:Efflorescence is still my favorite because of Florence + The Machine
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:35 am

I'm pretty much speechless... :O

You're amazing Raf! This is (in my opinion) probably the best and most inspirational naked track I've seen since, PoL maybe. If this doesn't get a Holy Shoe I'm shoving one of my shoes up Rabid's holy place.
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:40 am

LineRiderGjert wrote:I'm pretty much speechless... :O

You're amazing Raf! This is (in my opinion) probably the best and most inspirational naked track I've seen since, PoL maybe. If this doesn't get a Holy Shoe I'm shoving one of my shoes up Rabid's holy place.

Hehhehheh, I wouldn't go making threats like that. I don't think there's a track in history 'guaranteed' to get a shoe xD. I hope he doesn't, because I agree with you, but Rabid could find a reason not to award one.

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by LineRiderGjert Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:44 am

WishLine wrote:Hehhehheh, I wouldn't go making threats like that. I don't think there's a track in history 'guaranteed' to get a shoe xD. I hope he doesn't, because I agree with you, but Rabid could find a reason not to award one.

Hahaha, it was joke xD I guess it's my way of saying that I would've given it one Very Happy
LineRiderGjert
LineRiderGjert
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:05 am

LineRiderGjert wrote:
WishLine wrote:Hehhehheh, I wouldn't go making threats like that. I don't think there's a track in history 'guaranteed' to get a shoe xD. I hope he doesn't, because I agree with you, but Rabid could find a reason not to award one.

Hahaha, it was joke xD I guess it's my way of saying that I would've given it one Very Happy

I bet you could start your own brand of award that people would respect. Sacred Stockings or something :P

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 pm

I was playing LR again but now, I'm not, THANKS A LOT RAF, NO LOVING FOR YOU TONIGHT.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinter Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 pm

I like the blue JAM part the most. Very Happy

Awesome

Fantastic

Favorite

Just too good sync to the music.. Will anybody ever make a more beautifull track than this ?
Pinter
Pinter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:56 pm

efrazable wrote:
Wizzy wrote:Efflorescence is still my favorite because of Florence + The Machine

That's not what I said at all I don't know where you got that from but whatever :|
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinter Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Why is this still not featured ?
Pinter
Pinter

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Pinter wrote:Why is this still not featured ?

Well, it is now. most deservedly. I want to see Rabid's feedback, personally. Smile Everybody knows he gives good feedback (8-D).

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:47 pm

How did I not see this.

At first, I thought "oh, another track with obnoxious editing"
A few times, I said aloud "WHAT THE HECK" when I saw some really funky tricks.
Another few times, I said "HOLY [censored]" when I saw intensely synchronized parts.
The consistency and techniques and LENGTH are all very impressive, though I kinda felt like you lost energy (in terms of patience with track making) towards the end, and some other parts, I felt like you were forcing it to be synced.
But I know how that feels. I've tried making musically synced tracks before (unreleased ones). Omniverse II was also supposed to be musically synced. It's pretty tough, but if you do it right, it's worth it.
It's also pretty inspiring to the point where I want to play Line Rider again, but unfortunately I do not have the time.

Kramwood wrote:
Cereal wrote:
I think that those insane flings/chains really made the video for me. There's a few in there that I've never seen before! (Seriously, how did you manage to get multiple WTF shoulder wells in a row? :O)

sorry to rain on raf's parade or anything, but conun had already made a chain of those https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y77L47yefx4# . I just noticed that when I went to go look for movies for that other thread chuggers posted. /offtopic
holy crap I did that?
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:49 am

Conundrumer wrote:How did I not see this.

At first, I thought "oh, another track with obnoxious editing"
A few times, I said aloud "WHAT THE HECK" when I saw some really funky tricks.
Another few times, I said "HOLY [censored]" when I saw intensely synchronized parts.
The consistency and techniques and LENGTH are all very impressive, though I kinda felt like you lost energy (in terms of patience with track making) towards the end, and some other parts, I felt like you were forcing it to be synced.
But I know how that feels. I've tried making musically synced tracks before (unreleased ones). Omniverse II was also supposed to be musically synced. It's pretty tough, but if you do it right, it's worth it.
It's also pretty inspiring to the point where I want to play Line Rider again, but unfortunately I do not have the time.?
Thanks Conun, that means a lot coming from you. The only part where I slacked was from 4:45 - 5:03. I wanted that to be as intense as the 8 seconds before but that was killing to make, and I wanted to keep the fun in it Wink.
The part after it was intentionally slow, meant as some sort of cooldown. I can imagine you see it as an anticlimax though :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:46 pm

/late to the party

seriously, you have to go and release this Behemoth of a track the day after I get too busy to come on this site? :|

Rafael wrote:I'm not totally fed up with the song, but if it comes up on my iPod I tend to skip it xD
I know what you mean, bro

(I don't know why I felt the urge to say "bro" there)

Rafael wrote:The only part where I slacked was from 4:45 - 5:03. I wanted that to be as intense as the 8 seconds before but that was killing to make, and I wanted to keep the fun in it Wink.
The part after it was intentionally slow, meant as some sort of cooldown. I can imagine you see it as an anticlimax though :P
Yeah I noticed that.

ok now that those formalities are out of the w-

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 Aha8I

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 1zwtw2

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 Tumblr_loygu0JYi81qe6b6g

Coming into this...
- I did not know it was Michael Jackson
- I did not have any idea how long it would be
- I was sort of expecting something in the Heart Attack/Sonic Motion vein except I also knew it would have various styles

Here is a sort of chronicle of my reactions:
- Not sure how I feel about the song...
- Cool music syncing.
- Good quirk. I like the sections.
- XY? this is shaping up to be a great omnitrack.
- Nice sync at 2:15. I'm liking this a lot.
- love the manuals.
- whoa, up the standard at 2:50 much? This is definitely a masterpiece.
- Haha! I love the slow quirk stuff! it works so well!
- wait, how long has this been going? three minutes? wow!
- highspeed feels a little out of place... maybe we're going to end soon?
- damn we're at 4 minutes???
- I love that stuff at 4:10!
- actually laughed out loud at 4:30 and said "this is GREAT!" while smacking my desk
- felt like it lost steam/direction/vision a little towards the end
- yeah this definitely gets a holy shoe.
- nice monument.

So, what do I like about this track?
- It didn't try too hard right off the bat - it saved the intense stuff for when the music got more intense.
- That music syncing!
- Quality of tricks was fantastic
- The persistence to complete a track that long is amazing
- all blue!
- excellent incorporation of multiple styles for the omni

What don't I like as much?
- Honestly, for me it was a little on the long side. No matter how awesome it is, unless there's some seriously epic progression I start to get tired after about the 3 minute mark. I didn't exactly get tired of it, but I don't think I would have had a lower opinion if it had ended, say, a minute or even two minutes earlier.
- the "cooldown" was a good idea, but, coupled with the slightly-lazier part right before it, it felt a little more like boredom, even if that's not accurate. The music didn't cool down so it was weird that the track did.
- The song was great as a song, but it was mildly repetitive as a track - I noticed you countered this excellently by having sections and styles, but I could help but thinking a song with more progression would have created a better product.

So yeah. Not a lot of complaints. This is the best naked track created to date IMHO. (also, as sub-categories, best all blue and best omnitrack)

My big question is, what's next? I hope you throw us a curveball :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:29 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:/late to the party

seriously, you have to go and release this Behemoth of a track the day after I get too busy to come on this site? :|

Rafael wrote:I'm not totally fed up with the song, but if it comes up on my iPod I tend to skip it xD
I know what you mean, bro

(I don't know why I felt the urge to say "bro" there)

Rafael wrote:The only part where I slacked was from 4:45 - 5:03. I wanted that to be as intense as the 8 seconds before but that was killing to make, and I wanted to keep the fun in it Wink.
Yeah I noticed that.

ok now that those formalities are out of the w-

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 Aha8I

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 1zwtw2

Rafael - Jam - Page 3 Tumblr_loygu0JYi81qe6b6g

Coming into this...
- I did not know it was Michael Jackson
- I did not have any idea how long it would be
- I was sort of expecting something in the Heart Attack/Sonic Motion vein except I also knew it would have various styles

Here is a sort of chronicle of my reactions:
- Not sure how I feel about the song...
- Cool music syncing.
- Good quirk. I like the sections.
- XY? this is shaping up to be a great omnitrack.
- Nice sync at 2:15. I'm liking this a lot.
- love the manuals.
- whoa, up the standard at 2:50 much? This is definitely a masterpiece.
- Haha! I love the slow quirk stuff! it works so well!
- wait, how long has this been going? three minutes? wow!
- highspeed feels a little out of place... maybe we're going to end soon?
- damn we're at 4 minutes???
- I love that stuff at 4:10!
- actually laughed out loud at 4:30 and said "this is GREAT!" while smacking my desk
- felt like it lost steam/direction/vision a little towards the end
- yeah this definitely gets a holy shoe.
- nice monument.

So, what do I like about this track?
- It didn't try too hard right off the bat - it saved the intense stuff for when the music got more intense.
- That music syncing!
- Quality of tricks was fantastic
- The persistence to complete a track that long is amazing
- all blue!
- excellent incorporation of multiple styles for the omni

What don't I like as much?
- Honestly, for me it was a little on the long side. No matter how awesome it is, unless there's some seriously epic progression I start to get tired after about the 3 minute mark. I didn't exactly get tired of it, but I don't think I would have had a lower opinion if it had ended, say, a minute or even two minutes earlier.
- the "cooldown" was a good idea, but, coupled with the slightly-lazier part right before it, it felt a little more like boredom, even if that's not accurate. The music didn't cool down so it was weird that the track did.
- The song was great as a song, but it was mildly repetitive as a track - I noticed you countered this excellently by having sections and styles, but I could help but thinking a song with more progression would have created a better product.

So yeah. Not a lot of complaints. This is the best naked track created to date IMHO. (also, as sub-categories, best all blue and best omnitrack)

My big question is, what's next? I hope you throw us a curveball :P
Thanks rabid. Awesome GIFs xD
Thanks for the C&C as well, appreciate it. *takes shoe* (imagine this IRL).
Anyway, as for the next... I don't know what. The few days after the release I've been scening, but I haven't touched Line Rider since then.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3