We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Length of Video:Length of Track ratio

+16
RyderLR
LineMagiX
efrazable
Wolf_Spirit
Derpinator
rabid squirrel
Cereal
GhostY
Conundrumer
Inukaza
KillinTime2792
mhenr18
iPi
Lankher
Rafael
Hedgehogs4Me
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Length of Video:Length of Track ratio - Page 2 Empty Re: Length of Video:Length of Track ratio

Post by RyderLR Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:08 pm

well you also have to take into account if there is syncing of music and such. but I agree with you, long intros and outros and color recording is not needed.
RyderLR
RyderLR

https://www.youtube.com/ryderofthelines

Back to top Go down

Length of Video:Length of Track ratio - Page 2 Empty Re: Length of Video:Length of Track ratio

Post by Cereal Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:12 pm

uugghh, why did music syncing become a thing?
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:27 pm

i'm a big offender for poor ratios. id have long intros and then longish tracks and a colored replay with credits usually. I dont really like color playbacks upon my return all that much, so I don't think I'll make them.

BUT, my biggest reasoning was that I always wanted to fit in an entire song, because the songs i use are generally things like muse, where there's really no good cutting point. I didnt want to fade out either, but thats just me.
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Music synching isn't really a bad thing, it only gets bad when someone completely overdoes it. Something like JAM was perfectly fine for me, the intro wasn't overly long, and he kept his credits on a separate video so that it wouldn't muddy up the movie itself. But then you go back to something like Origin, and that's when it becomes a problem for me.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:45 pm

ryderofthelines wrote:well you also have to take into account if there is syncing of music and such. but I agree with you, long intros and outros and color recording is not needed.

Then fade your music in so that you're syncing but not wasting people's time with overly long intros while you wait for the drop/chorus/beat/whatever.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Cereal wrote:uugghh, why did music syncing become a thing?
Don't know about you but it bugs the hell out of me when I see a track that could have been synced but is not, or when the music doesn't fit. Every one of my tracks are synced, even the really early ones.
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:46 pm

All this stuff is stupid :|
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WishLine Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:36 pm

I tend to like "*Username* Presents...TRACK NAME" for a title sequence.

But I'm going to point out I thought Gjert's opening to Breathtaking silence was excellent, to show all the monuments like that in sync with the music worked brilliantly, I thought.

But typically, I come to watch a track, and expect unobtrusive editing.

Furthermore, when people show colour versions of naked tracks, or naked versions of scened tracks, I expect it to be accelerated. I don't want to watch it twice!

WishLine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum