We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't see the problem.

+22
KillinTime2792
Inukaza
mhenr18
darklight
Painlobster
Opal Rider
TheRevTastic
efrazable
Wizzy
Cereal
Sheldon
SPL4SHZ0N3
Ktk
Ph0enix
Z_N-Freak
Orthuss
JoaTrades
[senpai] kevans
rabid squirrel
Helios Pavonine
Sssschiller
Yobanjojoe
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I don't see the problem. Empty I don't see the problem.

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:29 am

What's the [censored] is wrong with making tracks so people will like them?
I mean you can say I made this track for fun, and you get people saying nice comments about your track
But then you make hype about your track and people say they're diappointed that the track didn't meet the standards they expected because of the hype.

WHO THE [censored] CARES

If you put [censored] loads of effort into and think you did a good job with it, then that track deserves nice comments too. I mean some critism is nice, but when you feel you've put alot of effort into your track just so you hope people will notice you, it actually offends the person if they only get harsh critism about it.

To me it feels like this community is too sucked into the theory that tracks have to be made for fun and you're not allowed to make a track so people will think you are good at line rider. If I made a track with only crazy tricks in it I'd be called up for not putting "style" and "heart" into my track.

eg

"I do have the skills, but I don't want to collab someone who's improving in the ''Sheldon-direction'', as I'd call it."

"I'm not a racist. I respect Sheldon's skills, but not his lack of putting his heart into a track."

And this "heart" is supposebly being a sheep and and fulfilling everyones desires of a "fun" track?

ACwazHere wrote:Guys, this is a game. A dude on a sled flying through white space. Smacking some lines and s***. Why is there drama on a site about a dude on a sled flying through white space and smacking into lines and s***? It's about as stupid as drama on a site about lawn mowers. We never really realize how stupid this is until we think about it from an exterior point of view. If a random dude found this site and saw us arguing about track flow and speed and style he'd call us all losery nerds and laugh. Getting all period-y over this game is losery and nerdy (no, that's not directed at anybody). And because we're all dudes, periods shouldn't really happen, except at the end of your sentence.

QF [censored] T

TL;DR

Make tracks how you want to make them and don't give a [censored] about what other people think.

Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

I don't see the problem. Empty Re: I don't see the problem.

Post by Sssschiller Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:39 am

best solution: make some scenery tracks!
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:43 am

Sssschiller wrote:best solution: make some scenery tracks!

Scenery tracks are the oblt tracks that on't get that sort of critism
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:36 am

I don't know what to say. Your statement that the community is too sucked into the theory a track must be made for fun, is reverse psychology to me. A majority of members likes Sheldon's tracks.

Am I the only one who's feeling the ''forcement'' in quirk? It's the opposite to ''put your heart into something'', but I cannot define it. Weird.

EDIT: I just saw Sheldon's goodbye thread. It makes me sad, seeing how the community has changed so much.

I DARE TO SAY: MEMBERS, CAN WE SURVIVE? YES WE CAN. CAN WE STOP THIS WAR? YES WE CAN. THEN DO IT, [CENSORED].
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 am

Yobanjojoe wrote:
Sssschiller wrote:best solution: make some scenery tracks!

Scenery tracks are the oblt tracks that on't get that sort of critism
One of the main reason scenery tracks more or less died out was harsh criticism, more so than quirks. Scenery tracks took longer (typically) but typically received far harsher criticism in turn. Only in the last year or so have quirks followed suit.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:14 am

Damn right.
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

I don't see the problem. Empty @Helios

Post by JoaTrades Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Helios Pavonine wrote:I don't know what to say. Your statement that the community is too sucked into the theory a track must be made for fun, is reverse psychology to me. A majority of members likes Sheldon's tracks.

Am I the only one who's feeling the ''forcement'' in quirk? It's the opposite to ''put your heart into something'', but I cannot define it. Weird.

EDIT: I just saw Sheldon's goodbye thread. It makes me sad, seeing how the community has changed so much.

I DARE TO SAY: MEMBERS, CAN WE SURVIVE? YES WE CAN. CAN WE STOP THIS WAR? YES WE CAN. THEN DO IT, [CENSORED].

Four paragraphs. :facepalm:

I agree with the idea that people criticizing people's tracks because they don't look like they were fun to make is stupid.
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:39 pm

^ Woops xD
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Yobanjojoe wrote:It's about as stupid as drama on a site about lawn mowers.
I don't care about anything else in this thread, but this is hilarious.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Yobanjojoe wrote:What's the [censored] is wrong with making tracks so people will like them?
I mean you can say I made this track for fun, and you get people saying nice comments about your track
But then you make hype about your track and people say they're diappointed that the track didn't meet the standards they expected because of the hype.

WHO THE [censored] CARES

If you put [censored] loads of effort into and think you did a good job with it, then that track deserves nice comments too. I mean some critism is nice, but when you feel you've put alot of effort into your track just so you hope people will notice you, it actually offends the person if they only get harsh critism about it.

To me it feels like this community is too sucked into the theory that tracks have to be made for fun and you're not allowed to make a track so people will think you are good at line rider. If I made a track with only crazy tricks in it I'd be called up for not putting "style" and "heart" into my track.

eg

"I do have the skills, but I don't want to collab someone who's improving in the ''Sheldon-direction'', as I'd call it."

"I'm not a racist. I respect Sheldon's skills, but not his lack of putting his heart into a track."

And this "heart" is supposebly being a sheep and and fulfilling everyones desires of a "fun" track?

Guys, this is a game. A dude on a sled flying through white space. Smacking some lines and s***. Why is there drama on a site about a dude on a sled flying through white space and smacking into lines and s***? It's about as stupid as drama on a site about lawn mowers. We never really realize how stupid this is until we think about it from an exterior point of view. If a random dude found this site and saw us arguing about track flow and speed and style he'd call us all losery nerds and laugh. Getting all period-y over this game is losery and nerdy (no, that's not directed at anybody). And because we're all dudes, periods shouldn't really happen, except at the end of your sentence.

QF [censored] T

TL;DR

Make tracks how you want to make them and don't give a [censored] about what other people think.

Yobanjojoe wrote:
Guys, this is a game. A dude on a sled flying through white space. Smacking some lines and s***. Why is there drama on a site about a dude on a sled flying through white space and smacking into lines and s***? It's about as stupid as drama on a site about lawn mowers. We never really realize how stupid this is until we think about it from an exterior point of view. If a random dude found this site and saw us arguing about track flow and speed and style he'd call us all losery nerds and laugh. Getting all period-y over this game is losery and nerdy (no, that's not directed at anybody). And because we're all dudes, periods shouldn't really happen, except at the end of your sentence.

Yobanjojoe wrote:
Guys, this is a game.

You sir, are wrong. Line Rider is a toy.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by Ph0enix Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:00 pm

Your piont was very straight-forward, I like that. But this thread was needed long ago.

Last edited by Ph0enix on Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ph0enix
Ph0enix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Hue hue hue/// all I can say is manup and deal with it it's the internet

Furthermore they spent the time watching your track, I think they're free to post their opinion [in a civilized fashion] whether you like it or not, I'm sure you can agree.
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:42 pm

If this toy was truly all about making it for fun, then no one would release any tracks for others to appreciate. They would complete a track and rewatch it for their enjoyment in their private .sol collection.

Aspi worded the best imo when he said to me, "The greatest joy for one of us to inspire another to inspire us." He kind of made this blatantly clear when he made incito (Latin for 'I incite, or inspire'). He made it inspired by Hedge, and he inspired many others in turn.

Of course when you make a track and release it, you want to impress people, but that is only a bi-product of wanting to inspire them.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:46 pm

Also I definitely put my heart into every track I make. You have to be dedicated.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm

It's impossible to not put your heart into a track when you spend so many hours making it. When you make a track for 5 months, how can you not?
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Ah yes, the famous one liner with all its variations:

1. I had fun making this.
2. So I didn't make this to showoff any skill.
3. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did making it.
4. I didn't go "super try-hard" on this track, I simply enjoyed making it.

And usually, these statements are followed by a cute "Smile". Makes me sick. I usually don't mind these kind of descriptions of a track. If it's obvious that you are saying one of these to get nicer comments, then I DO mind.

I also believe that music leaves an impact. If the song is all upbeat and epic, the watcher assumes that it is "over-hyped", and criticizes it harder. If it is lulzy/fun music, then people get the impression of "Oh, he just made this for fun".

Seriously, if you're going to bash a track just because "itz a dysopointmant", at least have good reasons.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:32 pm

If by over hyped do you mean CF2. I think the music is quite fitting.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:58 pm

FOR WE ARE NOTHING WITHOUT BROTHERHOOD. AND BROTHERHOOD IS NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR BROTHERS.

/Bro clan all day.
/semi-off-topic
/WCAR
/getonmylevel

Spoiler:

Last time I swear.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Cereal wrote:Ah yes, the famous one liner with all its variations:

I always write that, because I'm a polite guy "Smile"
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:17 pm

I try to make some of my tracks as intense as possible. I'm just not good at intense tracks. I don't see the problem. 719547

Anyways.

I don't see the problem. Llama
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:34 pm

I don't see the problem. Turtle1
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Cereal wrote:Ah yes, the famous one liner with all its variations:

2. So I didn't make this to showoff any skill.
4. I didn't go "super try-hard" on this track, I simply enjoyed making it.

And usually, these statements are followed by a cute "Smile". Makes me sick. I usually don't mind these kind of descriptions of a track. If it's obvious that you are saying one of these to get nicer comments, then I DO mind.

I also believe that music leaves an impact. If the song is all upbeat and epic, the watcher assumes that it is "over-hyped", and criticizes it harder. If it is lulzy/fun music, then people get the impression of "Oh, he just made this for fun".

Seriously, if you're going to bash a track just because "itz a dysopointmant", at least have good reasons.

Personally, I don't see why people find it hard to wrap their minds around the fact that linerider is FUN. If you don't have fun making a track, you're obviously doin' it wrong. So while you may not mind if they put it in there, I almost feel that it's nessicary, and if it's not put in there, it's implied either way, since this is a toy, and we're supposed to have fun with it.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Painlobster Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:14 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXi_ldNRNtM

Can I dream of a world where were all realize that were gooey prickles and prickly goo?
Painlobster
Painlobster

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 am

I think that at this point in line rider all the tracks are too perfect for any real (or helpful, for that matter) criticism. Manuals are perfectly balanced, there's a crazy variety of flings, all the little things are there, so people start to criticize objectively, feeling like they need to harp on something. So they start using obscure terms like flow and stop making sense. Because people's opinions differ on how this toy should be played with, disagreements are started. that's my theory, and why I stick to making scenery.
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 am

darklight wrote:I think that at this point in line rider all the tracks are too perfect for any real (or helpful, for that matter) criticism. Manuals are perfectly balanced, there's a crazy variety of flings, all the little things are there, so people start to criticize objectively, feeling like they need to harp on something. So they start using obscure terms like flow and stop making sense. Because people's opinions differ on how this toy should be played with, disagreements are started. that's my theory, and why I stick to making scenery.

I think this actually has a lot of truth to it. I kind of agree with you but also don't.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next