We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Centrifugal XY (CF2)- Sheldon

+20
Hedgehogs4Me
CamQuartr
pure5152
Sssschiller
Helios Pavonine
SPL4SHZ0N3
WTB
hypothet
Stallie
SETH
Orthuss
KillinTime2792
automatizer
linerage
rabid squirrel
Rafael
Cereal
Votale
efrazable
Sheldon
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Centrifugal XY (CF2)- Sheldon - Page 2 Empty Re: Centrifugal XY (CF2)- Sheldon

Post by Rafael Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:54 am

^ Well, I'm not trying to convince anyone to think as I do, and if you think I give my criticism to show my superiority, well, then I'd be disappointed.. If you don't understand how to make such track and never seen something as intense at this, I can 100% understand why you'd find it amazing and I respect other peoples' opinion. I think the people agreeing with me here would've said something similar if I didn't post my comment.
Also, I can't deny this track shows great technical skill, but he (everyone) can still get even better and isn't that what criticism is for?
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:17 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:^ You're not. I just got pretty bored and uninspired. When both of those things kick at once, it's hard to keep it up.
Yeah, I know. It still bothers me though, even with you saying that.

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Fast-paced things just seem to spawn hate comments out of nowhere, not because of jealousy, but because of mob mentality resulting from the sense of reaching for the opinions of others when not being able to follow what's really happening. A lot of these people go to those who dislike it for specifically stated reasons, simply because they see those people and think "Well, if they can see flaws in it, they must be knowledgeable and therefore reputable, since I couldn't see much of anything!"
I think if I couldn't see much of anything, that is a flaw in the track.

Does that make sense?

Actually, your comment about how line rider is a dance inspired this perspective.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hedgehogs4Me Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 am

^ I actually did address that in the post, and that's one of the most subjective standards to put a LR track to. Even more than "flow" IMO. Everyone will be able to see a different amount at any given speed, and that's just how it is.
I suppose there's no such thing as an objectively good track, but one should take into account that there actually are people who can see what's happening at just about any speed, so saying "I can't see it, therefore it's a bad track" is a little bit silly. I suppose the same thing applies to the statement "I can see it, therefore you shouldn't argue that you can't see it", so, while trying to stay away from actually making that argument, I still think that you shouldn't completely throw away a track because it's too fast.
Hedgehogs4Me
Hedgehogs4Me
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:29 am

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:If you played it at half speed, most of the complaints of it not really being that good would go away.
QFT
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:15 pm

Thanks guys.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Hedgehogs4Me wrote:saying "I can't see it, therefore it's a bad track" is a little bit silly.
I think that if you have to be a really good quirker to see much of anything, the track ceases to be art and becomes a sort of technical display
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:52 pm

I'd like to say that everyone has a different view on a track.

Just because it's a masterpiece to one person doesn't mean it's good to the other.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:03 pm

I for thought this was a rather butt kicking piece of track. Mostly due to the speed. I think it's pretty badass to make a track this speedy and keep it at that speed level all the way is kinda insane, because speedy tracks take a long while to make + are hard to make if not with the use long flings and tumbling.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:23 pm

HG42 wrote:I'd like to say that everyone has a different view on a track.

Just because it's a masterpiece to one person doesn't mean it's good to the other.

Spoiler:

Just saying.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:42 pm

Votale wrote:
HG42 wrote:I'd like to say that everyone has a different view on a track.

Spoiler:

Just saying.

You? Saying?

NOOOOOOOO. How could you?

Anyway.

I still very much enjoy this track after many watches. Smile
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:49 pm

Not every dance has to be a slow dance. I don't think Sheldon, or any trackmaker, makes a track to appease someone else's desires. Line Rider is a toy for personal amusement.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:52 pm

Not every dance has to be so fast I can't tell what the dancer is doing also.. haha and obviously Sheldon is not "amused," or else he'd want to finish it rather than being uninspired as he says.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by SPL4SHZ0N3 Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes just like Aspi wasn't amused when he was so worn out after making his Future Quirk Part. Or how any person that pushes himself to the limit of their skill ends up being uninspired and or quits. LRG, IGGB, Aspi... etc.
SPL4SHZ0N3
SPL4SHZ0N3
Line Rider Legend

https://www.youtube.com/user/SPL4SHZ0N3

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:58 pm

Just realised I hadn't posted...
Anyways, I do have my own preference in XY which is space recycling and normal recycling, this barely had any. However, for what it was I really did enjoy the track and I thought it was intense Very Happy You did a great job with it Sheldon ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:56 pm

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:Yes just like Aspi wasn't amused when he was so worn out after making his Future Quirk Part. Or how any person that pushes himself to the limit of their skill ends up being uninspired and or quits. LRG, IGGB, Aspi... etc.
Yup, there are few people able to push theirselves and succeed (although LRG did manage to finish AFTER reaching his limit). It's a risk you take when starting a huge project :/
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:10 pm

There's no perfect flow or skills, because someone in the lr community will always have the opposite opinion towards the track.

This is very similar to breakdancing, which is kind of like line rider in the aspect of a dance. There are people who just dance around and do some although unimpressive, but still enjoyable tricks that receive applaud - this is somewhat similar to Votale, Raf, and some people's perspectives. On the other hand, there are people who do flashy moves like spinning in a one handed handstand, flares in their dance, and becomes somewhat like the technical aspect of line rider. there's usually more applauding or awe coming from the flashy moves than the people who just perform simple tricks, but at the same time there are a lot more people who hate the flashy dancers than the simple dancers in terms of "style". many people had flamewars about how the flashy dancers also had style, but in the end many people showed that their true intentions are to make the two different ways of breakdancing have the same reputation, not one above the other.

well, what I'm trying to say is that in my opinion, people should enjoy technical prowess in the tracks as much as style, instead of nitpicking more. we've all seen tracks that were not as advanced as this, but is there even half as many dislikes in the "stylish"? If you have dislikes about the track, at least address what you liked about it just as much, for the sake of keeping the community friendly. in a track like this, all of the flaws were pointed out, but not many of the good points in this track is.

/endrant

Oya, Imo I don't think showing off is bad, because it's kind of like one of the motivations for some track makers.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Yeah, showing off isn't necessarily bad. *cough*
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLRG Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:29 pm

Hey sheldon. I remember you from when you first joined the original IRTL Smile
I have to say, you got great over the time I was gone. Its a shame you're not going to be taking a break right after this. I hope whatever happens, you keep kicking butt.
Brohoof to you mate. Awesome, just awesome.
MrLRG
MrLRG

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm

^Who dat?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by MrLRG Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:43 pm

One who came before.
MrLRG
MrLRG

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:14 pm

Say, which remix of RFaD is this?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:10 am

SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:Yes just like Aspi wasn't amused when he was so worn out after making his Future Quirk Part. Or how any person that pushes himself to the limit of their skill ends up being uninspired and or quits. LRG, IGGB, Aspi... etc.

Well none of them play. And now Sheldon doesn't feel like playing.. Seems like a recurring theme. And then we have the whining of how people should change their preference and choose to like Power/skill-based tracks instead of style-based. We can go on and on, but it's not gonna change any opinions or reasons of playing the game.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by bbshabob1 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:22 pm

MrLRG wrote:One who came before.

Assassain's Creed.

nuff said.
bbshabob1
bbshabob1

Back to top Go down