We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC?

+20
Inukaza
SPL4SHZ0N3
Votale
Cereal
Wizzy
GhostY
Sssschiller
Summoning
Opal Rider
captain_cornflakes
CamQuartr
Stallie
Chui Ninji
Sheldon
Kohuda
efrazable
Helios Pavonine
Rafael
Derpinator
MartinJulenissen
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC? Empty Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC?

Post by MartinJulenissen Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:13 am

Style means being creative, having a good flow, executing tricks as well as possible, and making the track look beautiful (add green lines to fill gaps etc)

Power is more like being as fast as possible, and making bosh get the hardest torture he can possibly get.

Often i see people complaining about how tracks in the power genre don't have enough style, and visa versa.

Is this kind of like how the arguement between Mac and PC is? Mac (obviously in the style genre) is a lot more beautiful, has more flow, and is pretty stylish. A PC is not as beautiful, but is much faster and better(in some points) than a Mac for the price.

Discuss.
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC? Empty Re: Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC?

Post by Derpinator Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:42 am

I enjoy watching a really wellmade manual track, or a clean quirk track, WAY more than some really complicated trick based track
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC? Empty Re: Style vs Power, kind of like Mac vs PC?

Post by Rafael Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 am

Style, easily.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

I like seeing style being combined with power.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:41 pm

i want people to mention if they have mac or pc.
that would be a fun experiment Smile

edit:
I like Power a lot more than style.
I have a PC, and i don't like Mac.
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:52 pm

I have a PC, und ich doesnt like the mac as much ^^

Rapto wrote:I enjoy watching a really wellmade manual track, or a clean quirk track, WAY more than some really complicated trick based track
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:21 pm

I have a mac, and I prefer power.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:36 pm

PC, since laptops I don't use much
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm

Its like comparing me and Georgio_Jc. Can't be done fairly.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Power isn't really detrimental to style. You're thinking of skills (complex tricks) vs. style. Using certain complex tricks might mess with the way Bosh is rotating in an awkward way, or his speed, but coupled with this awkwardness, the way Bosh does it is impressive because it's awkward. The thing is, when you make it awkward, the style is hurt by it. A skill based track isn't pleasant to the eye, but intuitively it's super awesome. A style based track is pleasant to the eye, because Bosh moves smoothly, or cool-ly, or w/e, and there's nothing awkward to surprise you in the face.

Personally, I'd like to see a combo of both. Like many many MAAAANY things in this world, one extreme is equal to the other extreme, on whatever scale you're comparing. A healthy mix of the two is always impressive at least a little (depending on which extreme is presented more) to anyone.

Also, lol @ Sheldon. It's totally fair. Georg would win everytime. 8D
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:51 pm

I prefer style and mac.
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Style is preferred enormously over quirk... :/
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Sheldon wrote:Style is preferred enormously over quirk... :/
A quirk can have style as well lol. Also, I prefer Mac :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CamQuartr Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:13 pm

I way prefer originality and style over power and inventive tricks.

I am also a Mac user, so I guess somehow they do go hand and hand

CamQuartr

http://www.CameronKashtan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by captain_cornflakes Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:33 pm

Style. I'm a PC. :|
captain_cornflakes
captain_cornflakes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captain_cornflakes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:34 pm

I use both, although I generally would perfer a mac over a pc (If my brother didn't change his control settings every few days, it would be even better. Rolling Eyes )

Looking at my tracks, they really reflect thhis preference. I never really noticed the connection until now.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:47 pm

Sheldon wrote:Its like comparing me and Georgio_Jc. Can't be done fairly.

i'm not comparing style vs power, i'm just saying that it's kind of like the discussion between Mac and PC, and alot of the same arguements are used in the discussions between them.

Style (mac)
Smooth
looks great

Skill/power (PC)
Not so eye appealing
Faster
stronger

I'm just trying to check if people with a mac prefer style tracks over skill/power tracks.
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:25 pm

It doesn't look great, but it is impressive.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:49 pm

style

pc

macs blow

power looks dumb
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I have a Pc...I'm not a fan of macs.

I love style, but i think sometimes is power more important. Maybe we need power to create style.
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:08 pm

i like all kinds of linerider 8D
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by captain_cornflakes Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:15 pm

I like trains. Hehe
captain_cornflakes
captain_cornflakes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/captain_cornflakes/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:20 pm

In my personal opinion, I think ANYTHING made going really fast looks amazing. Even flat-sledding.

That's why I think style > power. Anybody can make a nose manual look insane going really fast, but it takes real skill to make it look nice and lovely going at a slower pace.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:40 pm

I still don't know what style is.

I just like tracks that impress me, have pressured manuals, and don't have flow killers.

That is all

(Oh, and PC, soon to be Mac Smile)
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:41 pm

In the words of .boo on the subject of speed/power on MSN:

.boo wrote:Why the hell does he try to go so fast? It's like he's trying to race someone/something. It's just stupid

Basically Sums ( <3 Sum ucwutididthar?) it up for me. Style, easily. Aiming for speed is indeed fun for people, which is respectable, but style and creativity is definitely preferred by me. I don't really get the whole "torture Bosh" thing xD Sounds lame-ish to me.
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next