We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3!

+6
Stallie
Wolf_Spirit
Votale
Sssschiller
Hotflash
MiniBoyns
10 posters

Go down

Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3! Empty Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3!

Post by MiniBoyns Thu May 26, 2011 1:51 pm

Just a little preview. I've been working on this track for about a week, it's 90 seconds in length. Leave some constructive criticism and feedback please! Smile
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/27/scene1c.png/

Last edited by MiniBoyns on Thu May 26, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I'm an idiot.)

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3! Empty Re: Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3!

Post by Hotflash Thu May 26, 2011 2:20 pm

Very nice.. cant wait for the track.. the scenery looks a little abstract to me.. which is good ^^....

Offtopic: do u like to call urself an idiot?... 8D
Hotflash
Hotflash

Back to top Go down

Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3! Empty Re: Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3!

Post by MiniBoyns Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks Smile and I wouldn't say it's abstract. I was going for a sort of rocky tech theme, but hey, whatever you want to interperet it as, feel free.
And I call myself an idiot, or several other names that I won't type here, when I do something stupid, or I feel like I warrant it Very Happy

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Thu May 26, 2011 2:46 pm

wow! i love the rocks. very cool way to draw 8D
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Very cool :P Reminds me of the Manual Mayhems! One thing I can say is try to make less rock/rail scenery. Make some creative ways of scening the track like vines or something like that. Great job so far 8D
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniBoyns Thu May 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback Votale Very Happy
One thing I will say in response to that though, is this is only the first 10 or 15 seconds of a minute and a half. Trust that it is not all going to be rocks/rail Very Happy

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sssschiller Thu May 26, 2011 2:58 pm

i like rock and rail scenery :3
Sssschiller
Sssschiller

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniBoyns Thu May 26, 2011 2:59 pm

As do I, but they can be a bit repetetive. Especially if the track is just a standard manual track with nothing special. I'm no trackmaker xD

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Post by Votale Thu May 26, 2011 3:02 pm

I love the rocks and rails you're using here. My tip (though I am terrible at scenery xD ) is to not make it all, as you said, repetitive. It looks like you're doing a great job, so good luck Very Happy
Votale
Votale

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf_Spirit Thu May 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Although this type of scenery is slightly overused, you really did pull it off well ^^
Your lines and curves are done pretty much perfectly and adding thicker lines really gives it a great effect!
Also, when scening, you can try different styles for the fun, and to see what looks the best Very Happy
Good luck with the rest of your scenery ^^
Wolf_Spirit
Wolf_Spirit

Retired Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MiniBoyns Thu May 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Wow Wolf! Thanks! I saw a big name and was expected to be pulled back to earth with a bump, but no. And yeah, I know it is overused, but it's the only real style other than abstract that can be pulled off well. And also, with the experimenting, I've been erasing lines ll over the place, trying to shake things up and get some variety. Very Happy

MiniBoyns

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Thu May 26, 2011 3:22 pm

That looks very good, i like the smoothness and style your useing. I acctually can't wait to see it. Boynsy's comeback track! Manual Mania 3! 173596
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm

That's some impressive shading! Smile My only suggestion is to avoid having so many different types of ramp shading or else it will start to look really random. Try to stick to a theme. Smile But it looks great, keep it up!
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu May 26, 2011 4:21 pm

rocks and rails work fine, one of the things driving people away is that you demand too much of them. once upon a time rocks and rails were all we had and we were fine with it.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu May 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Dude the scenery is fantastic I cannot wait for this!
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Thu May 26, 2011 8:20 pm

ACwazHere wrote:That's some impressive shading! Smile My only suggestion is to avoid having so many different types of ramp shading or else it will start to look really random. Try to stick to a theme. Smile But it looks great, keep it up!
AC pinned the tail on the donkey, imo. There's nothing wrong with rails and rocks, except that the majority of sceners that use this theme get too many variations of rails and rocks. It can become a major flaw, especially, if there's multiple rails and rocks within the same frame.
Looks good so far though. I'll be very pleased to see it finished. Smile

Last edited by Commandercoke on Thu May 26, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Capitalization!!!!!!!!!!! D:)
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down