We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "switch"

3 posters

Go down

The "switch" Empty The "switch"

Post by WTB Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 am

I'm a huge user of 6.1, so recently I've been trying to switch to 6.7 to get with the times, and to get rid of the frequent script errors of 6.1. Not to mention a collab I'm trying to do with people who use 6.7

But it's impossible, I'm not even kidding. The physics are a nightmare and intolerable. Is it supposed to be 100x easier to crash?
In 6.1, I can make a hand fling or head fling in seconds.
In 6.7, I've spent three days trying to make a simple hand fling.
EVEN MANUALS feel extremely awkward, however, that's most likely my own fault.

The XY is impossible too. I can't do simple nose wells. And yet there's people who make freaking XY alt flings, launching bosh at 100 mph, and then crashing him into a straight line, all without a crash.

Is there something I'm missing? Any tips on switching to 6.7, or tips with working with 6.7? Right now, it seems I can't place a single line anywhere without causing a crash.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

The "switch" Empty Re: The "switch"

Post by Ktk Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:01 am

You using flash 9 or 10?

i found 6.7 physics much more lenient than 6.1 personally. Placebo?
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:19 am

The only places where 6.7 may be different from 6.2 is that the value controlling the resistance of bosh is off by a very very small amount due to decompilation. It's really not enough to make a difference in feel (but it is enough to cause some pure 6.1/6.2 tracks to break). Technically, 6.7 is "harder" than 6.1 or 6.2, but only by the smallest of small percentages.

The reason 6.1 is plagued with errors is the large gridsize. It uses a bigger internal grid than 6.2, which means that less memory is consumed per unit of canvas used, allowing for bigger tracks. This comes with the disadvantage of running into bugs more often related to snapping.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down