We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Preview Thread (Idea)

+2
Kohuda
Loz
6 posters

Go down

The Preview Thread (Idea) Empty The Preview Thread (Idea)

Post by Loz Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Hey, I was just thinking, I want to be able to share things that I'm currently doing to do with the site without making a full featured preview thread. An example being a large GFX piece or small track that's going to take a while and I need some motivation on.

What do you think of a stickied thread made for this, people saying what they're getting up to now and what progress they're making, print screens etc?

I know I'd love to know what all you guys are up to as well but dont want to go trawling through the preview section and have to make a whole thread myself just to show a picture and get a bit of motivation.

What do you reckon, pals?

EDIT: Oh yeah another reason I thought of this was because on the old IRtL I woulda just done this in the shoutbox but as that's permadead here I have nowhere to go and just explode my mind all over your faces.

Last edited by Loz on Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

The Preview Thread (Idea) Empty Re: The Preview Thread (Idea)

Post by Kohuda Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Why, that sounds like a splending idea. Kinda like TD's threads where he added small updates now and then.
I'm all in for this idea.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:25 pm

That's actually a great idea -- I could show you guys previews of my Pokémon remixes too!
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Thank you gentlemen c:

Yeah I want to show you guys my LAotW entry in progress :3
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Tbh I don't think it's a that good idea. There's a section for this already, and making a thread doesn't take that long.
You could just make a thread for yourself, but I don't think generalizing is a good idea :P
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:39 pm

Rafael wrote:Tbh I don't think it's a that good idea. There's a section for this already, and making a thread doesn't take that long.
You could just make a thread for yourself, but I don't think generalizing is a good idea :P

There's a problem with that, though. What if your thread dies?
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:52 pm

if the thread dies it means they ahve lost intrest in what the thread is about, if u post a preview on the preview thread ur preview might die out aswell, and it might become the shadow of a better preview below him
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:09 pm

MartinJulenissen wrote:if the thread dies it means they ahve lost intrest in what the thread is about, if u post a preview on the preview thread ur preview might die out aswell, and it might become the shadow of a better preview below him

WHUT
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:57 pm

^ That.

Also, if this idea were to work you wouldn't really be able to post much to it :S. I mean I like the idea and all, but most people post threads for previews really early on anyway so they could either post like a 30 lined track picture in there or half a gfx picture, or the idea for a track, otherwise I'm sure they would just make a thread regardless of this one being here.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 am

Well ill just make it, if it dies, it dies Smile
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down