We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest Idea: Spontaneous Track Making

2 posters

Go down

Contest Idea: Spontaneous Track Making Empty Contest Idea: Spontaneous Track Making

Post by JoaTrades Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:25 pm

I tried this once myself and found it pretty fun. I thought it would be interesting as a contest.

Here's the idea:

You have 30 minutes to make 300 lines. Obviously you it won't be your best work, but the idea is to help improve track making speed and learn to work spontaneously - just doing whatever you can think of and going with what works.

You're not supposed to plan out the track at all, just improvise, and the time limit will hopefully keep you from deleting lines too much and force you to just go with whatever works. We could have a rule that makes it so you can't delete a line unless it causes bosh to fall off his sled but some people might not like that.

Of course you have to record the track making process so that we know you only spent 30 minutes or less on it. You will have to show a program such as cool timer next to the flash player or record the full screen so your computers' clock can be seen. The recording should of course be sped up to 3x or 4x speed.

Once you have reached 300 lines you have to stop. The track should be stalled so once you get near 300 lines you should prepare bosh to be stalled (slow him down and get him into the right position).

Must be done in Line Rider Beta 2 Rev. 6.1-6.7. Blue and red lines are allowed but no green lines. A recording of the finished track will be required. When all the entries are in there will be a poll for voting on which track is best.

So those are the rules. What do you think?

JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Contest Idea: Spontaneous Track Making Empty Re: Contest Idea: Spontaneous Track Making

Post by Rafael Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:39 am

Ceph tried a contest like this before, and only me and Votale entered. I really hope it'll work out, but I'm curious.
Good luck with it though.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum