We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest idea: Peggle

4 posters

Go down

Contest idea: Peggle Empty Contest idea: Peggle

Post by MartinJulenissen Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Hey guys!

Recently I've been playing a lot of Peggle, and it is one of my favourite time killing games ever. One day i suddenly felt a weird connection between line rider and peggle, as they use the same colours (blue, red and green), and thought "Hey, it's possible to make Peggle in line rider!". So i did some brainstorming and came up with a draft of how it could be done.

Example:

How it's gonna work: First of all we're gonna seperate Bosh from his sled, as it will function as the ball. The goal is to hit as many lines in the squared area as possible before the sled hits the ground. Each blue line is worth 10 points, while each red one is worth 20+10x each red hit before it (though i might change the value of the red as time passes). The green zones are you special power up, as you get to draw whatever you want inside of them to help you get the other pegs(lines), and they're also worth 10 points. The start area is also a freezone, and you can choose how and where the sled goes out of it, as if it was the cannon in Peggle.

To add an additional layer of difficulty, i've added a bucket in the middle, which will be worth 200(?) points if you land inside of it in the end.
So if you've hit 30 blue lines and 10 red ones, you will end up with 1000 points(300 for blues and 700 for reds).
To get that Peggle feel, it should be played in coloured playback with hit test on. I also have the camera focused on the sled to make it easier for me to adjust the runs.
The map needs some heavy adjustments to work, as it's a bit hard for me to get consistent good runs.
If the details are hard to understand, i will try to go more in depth.
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Contest idea: Peggle Empty Re: Contest idea: Peggle

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:10 am

wait why has nobody picked up on this fantastic idea
I miss Peggle
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:39 am

https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t7358-cotm-16-august-bosh-plinko?highlight=cotm

we've had something like this in the past, if you want to obtain some inspiration from it
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:34 am

When Bosh hits the lines, should we erase them?
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down