We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime?

+15
LineMagiX
Z_N-Freak
Rafael
KillinTime2792
Helios Pavonine
Georgio_jc
TigerXLine
linerage
~rawr
GhostY
Darkness
Wizzy
Ktk
Summoning
StingReay
19 posters

Go down

What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime? Empty What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime?

Post by StingReay Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:37 pm

This is something I want to know: When did it become a crime to flatsled? And why is airtime so illegal? Seriously. I can't count how many comments on my tracks back at old IRtL that were either "too much flatsledding" or "cut down on the airtime" or "lrn2quirk; read ze tuts". I don't glitch, and I never will. now I just play for fun.
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime? Empty Re: What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime?

Post by Summoning Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:39 pm

I still do both.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime? Empty Re: What's wrong with flatsledding/airtime?

Post by Ktk Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 pm

When x does it, it's awful. But when y does it, it's flipping amazing!

Don't care. Join the club. Play fer fun.
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:47 pm

it's not illegal. it's not a crime. if you think that then you're not playing line rider.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Using them isn't the problem, it's how you use them. Also as Katie Kay said, play fer fun.

Darkness

Back to top Go down

Post by GhostY Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:43 am

back then flatsled/air time was a crime but now basically the more you put in the more original and different it is and people will like it much more 8D
GhostY
GhostY

Back to top Go down

Post by ~rawr Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 am

People always said more manuals whenever i had a flatsled track but whatever I'm not getting in this argument again 8D
I play fer fun or gtfo 8D
~rawr
~rawr

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:25 am

nothing, nothing at all. (no sarcasm pl0x)
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:33 am

Its art, no rules :|

If you want to be a flatsledder or combine flatsledding with manuals, then go ahead ^^ I'm not gonna stop you. Just look at my "Mr. Adrenaline" xD

Like Darkness said: Its how you use them" I tried to syncronize the track with the music at the end of Mr. Adrenaline ^^
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Georgio_jc Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:09 am

Darkness wrote:Using them isn't the problem, it's how you use them. Also as Katie Kay said, play fer fun.

i lol'd 8D

also, nothing.
Georgio_jc
Georgio_jc
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:47 am

Nuttin'. But if you have a very consistent amount of lines at the screen and then there is suddenly an airtime part in LR, I think it would be easily criticized on.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 am

it's not how you use flatsledding and airtime, it's how you don't use it!
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 pm

There is nothing wrong with flatsledding nor airtime. There can be something wrong with how it's used though.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Z_N-Freak Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:24 pm

IN YOUR FACE
Just learn how to do flatsled and w/e else you want and anything can be cool.
Z_N-Freak
Z_N-Freak

Off-sled Action

https://www.youtube.com/user/MrZNF

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:22 pm

For skill and whatnot: It doesn't matter if it fits the track well.

For lr is for fun argument: Nothing.
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:58 pm

Freak....
O.o
Holy profanity.
WhiteFang
WhiteFang

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:27 pm

^ ???

@ZNF - I totally hosted that contest/battle 8D also, pineapple factory won a MOTW :P

There's nothing wrong with it. The reason that a manual track is often seen as "better" than a flatsled track is that it takes more time and skill. But from an art perspective, you can really do whatever you want as long as it's entertaining and creative
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:02 pm

I think if I would have made one of say hedges track i would have been critisized on air time but when he does it its cool :| and why does rabid have -rep on post above
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 pm

Who ever said flatsled/air time was bad? (Other than Cephyric who hates airtime, but he's a cool cat).

WhiteFang wrote:Freak....
O.o
Holy profanity.

What?
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Sheldon wrote:I think if I would have made one of say hedges track i would have been critisized on air time but when he does it its cool :| and why does rabid have -rep on post above

I sort of agree with this :| but I do think most people would still point it out.

and to everyone else, yes thank you for reposting what was already said Thumbs Up I think we get it now.
but just in case. it's how you use flat sledding and airtime.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down