We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My perspective on IRtL

+10
TheRevTastic
rabid squirrel
Ktk
Cereal
TigerXLine
JoaTrades
Orthuss
hypothet
Derpinator
Helios Pavonine
14 posters

Go down

My perspective on IRtL Empty My perspective on IRtL

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:49 pm

To celebrate the great year we had, I would like to make a special thread which I didn't prepare, so it can be a bit messy. Anyway, enjoy reading (it's not as big as my other threads, 'cuz I usually know what to type when I already start typing, but not now)

The way I look to IRtL comes in 2 forms: a negative one and a very positive one.

My confusion about IRtL was already enormous when I came here. I didn't understand why people reacted in a negative way. I had no problem at ELR. I was a bit of a loyal member, I gave good feedback, was active. People respected me. I didn't give a damn care about making tracks, it was just the community that caught my eye. But it got bored at one moment. I saw that there were better communities. The design of ELR lacked of handy functions and such, so I decided to leave. I was kind of wandering around IRtL for a short time, when suddenly I joined in April. I can't believe it's so short ago, it looked so long.

Time flies when you're having fun

Unfortunately, the time didn't for me. It was the opposite. Didn't I have fun? Why did I never understand IRtL? What is this that pushes me through good and bad times? I didn't get the situation. I thought no one liked me and understood me. But the truth is, I didn't like and understand anyone. However, I thought I fitted in well. Untill now. A few weeks ago, when school started again, I suddenly found the answer why I didn't fit in.

Many people told me I lacked social skills. And they were true. Why couldn't I understand this? Maybe my confusion was too big. Let's get in detail:

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY NORBI

I think I didn't understand this because I joined IRtL in April. Too late. How did Norbi become Norbi? I never knew the serious answer I wanted to know.

He just norbified stuff and such

Right. Do you think this helps me? I don't think so. This one poll ''Norbi or Purtle'' didn't really help me too.

It's like coffee or tea

I laughed. I still don't understand the whole poll, which answer to choose. I was labeled as an outstander just because I didn't get it. And no one still gave me the answer I wanted to have. Was I demanding too much?

Now, that were the only things I didn't understand which I could think of right now. As I said, I didn't prepare this. Shame on me!

Oh, now that I remember: AC. I have to be honest right now. From now on, I'm not hiding anything and say my opinion so here goes. AC is horrible. I don't know why, but he made a thread just to yell and cuss and ask for attention. He didn't get baned. Of course not, he's a lovely member and he follows the rules perfectly! :|

Lankher. Why didn't he get baned much sooner?

My rep showed I was doing something wrong, something I couldn't understand back then. And when I was baned for three days, I thought I knew why. But sadly I didn't. People told me it was just for fun, so I played the game too. I wanted my rep to be low. Oh, I was so dumb back then. How could it go so far? People respected me now a little, but that's not what I wanted. I wanted to be myself. Live my own life.

That's enough negative things for now. It's Christmas, not Blame Day (Suspicious). So here goes the positivity!:

IRtL is a lovely and huge community with a pack of lovely and active members. This might sound contradictional with the things I said above, but Rabid helped me a lot during hard times. He gave me advice why I failed so much. ALL my threads before Novicity were just epic fails, and I didn't even see it. I kept making threads in which I blamed IRtL for all the things they did to me.

That's funny. I now know I was the problem. Oh, I was so horrible back then. How could I blame everyone for just respecting me as long as I didn't do stupid things?

Novicity was a great success. Not because it still hasn't released a track yet (:|) but because it didn't got criticismed. Finally, I was happy and glad it went good with me. The time after founding Novicity was great. I didn't got into any problems, but maybe that's because I went inactive due to school. My activity before changing schools maybe also led to many fails. But anyway, many great people helped me by joining Novicity. Thanks! Very Happy

This is it. My thread. I hope it wasn't too long, I made it shorter than my other threads, but that's because I was out of inspiration. I can't write well, I just want to state my opinion. And I think I did that here.

Thanks for all the help I got. I hope 2011 will be a great year for me. I attempt to find some spare time and work on my tracks. I have vacation now, so I'll definitely release Arising to Downgrade soon.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year! Very Happy
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

My perspective on IRtL Empty Re: My perspective on IRtL

Post by Derpinator Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:15 pm

Smile

That was awesome. 8D I also hope 2011 is going to be a great year, both for you and for Novicity Smile Let's hope it's gonna be a succesful clan in the future(s). I think you did a good job 'surviving' through all these -reps, trolling, disrespecting, schoolswitching and cake-stealing. Can't wait to see that new track (forgot what it was called, but it sounds good), if your making it as good as LC's on-sled parts, it's gonna be awesome, I tell you Inverted Onoz

Also, can I have the hotmail your using for MSN?
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Norbi just is. Which is why he's Norbi.

Because.

End of story.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Podpack wrote:But anyway, many great people helped me by joining Novicity. Thanks! Very Happy

*cough*

Sdemon wrote:I refuse to use Beta 3, so I will not be participating in this collab.
Yobanjojoe wrote:Why were you doing the collab on beta 3 in the first place i thought everyone knew that beta 3 sucked
Rapto wrote:@HP, can I PLEASSSEEEEEE upload the video to OUR channel when it's done? PLEEEASASSEESADSEFAasGREFHUJTYTFYH
Lukking wrote:am i next?? eh eh?
linerage wrote:PS:LOL @ -82 rep wtf did u do xD
Sdemon wrote:I'm not trollin'! You be trollin'!
Catz wrote:.sol :|
Catz wrote:.sol :|
linerage wrote:podpack if u leave then i leave.
Lukking wrote:ok ima lead the clan 8D
Yobanjojoe wrote:h4x
Sdemon wrote:Helios is Wishline who is Podpack who isn't Wishline is leaving while he stays to get rid of this clan when he comes back to lead it. wat
Rapto wrote:why not lukking D: ?
Sdemon wrote:Make a website. Both can be admins. This thread is for posting random crap about random crap.
Rapto wrote:I don't want to be leader xD Stop voting on me
Lukking wrote:yo whats up guys
Yobanjojoe wrote:I would believe that my post has been ignored once again Suspicious
Rapto wrote:I have said it to Luk via msn, but i'm not sure if he cared
Sdemon wrote:Well, seeing as Podpack isn't leaving, but he quit his own clan, and honestly, the collab isn't going anywhere and it's pretty dead, I think I might leave.
Lukking wrote:nah yobanjojoe can be leader i have other problems...
Rapto wrote:Sorry PP, but im leaving soon if this doesn't get fixd
Sdemon wrote:Close the clan.
linerage wrote:okay this clan is a mess.
Sdemon wrote:-> Close the clan, never to be reopened again.
Sdemon wrote:Has anyone thought of a better alternative? No. Close it.
linerage wrote:Lukking u gave me f*ing virus. Not working on the collab ATM, might just quit lr ATM.
Sdemon wrote:You have crappy firewalls.
Sdemon wrote:please reply to this thread to ensure us you are still in this clan, and working on the collab.
Yobanjojoe wrote:no finish it :|
Orthuss wrote:welcome to novicity, mate, where people don't PM other people, .sols are posted in threads, and inactive people are never kicked out.
Sdemon wrote:Drop and give me cookies.
CNR wrote:its better than no clan xD
Sdemon wrote:I don't have time for your shenanigans, soldier. GET ME THE INFO ASAP.
Sdemon wrote:PLEASE POST ONCE AFTER THIS MESSAGE, OR YOU WILL BE KICKED IN 1 WEEK, UNLESS YOU HAVE AN EXPLANATION.
CNR wrote:I'm still waiting for someone to pm me >.>
Sdemon wrote:2 weeks. Really. Its been months since this started.
Podpack wrote:This clan is a shame. Blame the person who created this all. He deserves it. :|

Hehe

Let's be a better clan in 2011. Also, I never really got the norbi thing either. And I can't wait to see Arising to Downgrade. I love how our clan still "survived" through all of this. Thanks for all the good times, Pod.
-Orth
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:50 pm

Nice post there buddy.

All users have failed at some point or another so don't feel bad. In my early IRtL days I annoyed the crap out of people. 8D

Merry Christmas BTW. Very Happy
JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:07 pm

I did'nt really know you so much before reading this thread. Great story and Merry Christmas! Very Happy
TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Why should lankher get baned? He hasn't done anything wrong. EDIT: Rabid, why did you censor the past tense of ban and make it baned? xD

Also, "Norbi" is derived from the mythical creature "Nirobi" who is a 21 year old named Nick. We just put his name is the polls for fun a couple years ago, and it became a tradition. Then Purtle ended up being in there, and maybe occasional other names.

When I first joined IRtL, the site was much better. A, it was a lot more active. B, TechDawg was still around.

2009-2010 was an economic recession for IRtL because of the chaos of the site going down and having to create this much crappier new one. This one is temporary of course, and people are debating what new type of forum (Phpbb, V Bulletin, etc.) we should use.

Plus something I have noticed is that the Shoutbox (or Chatbox in this case) is completely dead. Conversations happen there only once in a blue moon. Sad
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Norbi is a funny (now inactive) member who was cool.

And a typo Norbi started this mess you see now.
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:16 pm

AC, if you're reading this, you're an awesome guy.

Just wanted to clear that up.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:24 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:AC, if you're reading this, you're an awesome guy.

I whole heartedly agree with this.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Commandercoke Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:29 pm

I doubt that you were outcasted solely because you didn't understand Norbi. I'm sorry you somehow became a target though. Sad I hope you continue making tracks and try to enjoy WRTL as much as possible.
Commandercoke
Commandercoke
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:36 am

^ Oh yes, this is the best community I ever joined.

Also, Aie and Universe will be released next week! They're not finished, but I felt like they were worth it to show.
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:AC, if you're reading this, you're an awesome guy.

I take my inspiration for ban reasons from AC. 8D
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 am

i couldn't be screwed reading all of that.....

(so i'm just gunna pretend i did)

cool post bro
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:01 pm

Podpack's WishLine? o:

I think you didn't fit in because you're crazy proobably, didn't I make a website and then you became admin to help out then went crazy and stole it or something? o.O
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Loz wrote:Podpack's WishLine? o:

I think you didn't fit in because you're crazy proobably, didn't I make a website and then you became admin to help out then went crazy and stole it or something? o.O

... Was that supposed to remind me of what Wish did with LZ? :P Because he did the same thing with LZ, which was originally Jayzee's iirc.
StingReay
StingReay

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:46 pm

he did that to LZ too? :L nah he did it to a different site of mine
Loz
Loz

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Yeah, he did. :P When Zor moved them to vB (at the time I was admin and so was Lone Rocket.), Wish even went as far as to tack his name in the possessive on to the forum name. xD
StingReay
StingReay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down