We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76

+3
Kohuda
iPi
rabid squirrel
7 posters

Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76 Empty Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Welcome to video of the week, where I pick a random video from my exceptional playlist and talk about it in depth Very Happy

----------

THIS WEEK'S VIDEO: #16

Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocit2cZ2Us8

This one sure goes back a ways!

Absurd!st Movement is credited as:
- The first scened quirk
- The source of anomaly's intro for his later tracks
- anomaly's only full-length, finished, scened track

To give you some perspective, this track was made after Switch, Cydonia and Make Believe and before DaPoe's World, Omniverse, and Monumental. Gravity wells had been invented only two months earlier, though the term "quirk" had been around for bit longer. (IRTL was 2 months old when this was released!)

In addition, it was really the first track to be scened in an abstract way. Anomaly was just like that - he did his own stuff and created trends along the way. I'm almost positive FlagCapper watched this while making Revolution, because there are SO many similarities.

In any case, there aren't many tracks that are still fun to watch three and a half years after release, but I think this is one. There also aren't very many early tracks on this list (because I didn't join the line rider community until about February 2007, around when gravity wells were invented) so that says something about how groundbreaking this track was.

This track was entered in the first ToC (which was held about 5 months after its release) It finished Round 1 ahead of "Black Sea" and "Super Mario Bros. 1-1" in Division B (out of 4 divisions). in the remaining 32 videos, it easily passed "Rated F", BARELY beat Super Line Rider World 2 (17 to 16), and was finally defeated by Black Sea (which went on to get second place), 25 to 29. This puts it in the Elite Eight of the original ToC. (and since Black Sea was second, it really could have been in the final four. That leaves its ranking somewhere between 8th and 3rd.

Last edited by rabid squirrel on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76 Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76

Post by iPi Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:54 pm

MY GOD I LOVE THIS TRACK

kbai
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76 Empty Re: Rabid's Video of the Week #4 - Absurd!st Movement by anomaly76

Post by Kohuda Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:59 pm

I remmember seeing this back in 07'

Good times.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Woah! I remember this being one of the first lr's I have ever seen, and it inspired me A LOT.

Unconed, TechDawg, ShadowNinja, Anomaly76, x612nt13, and OwlFlavored were my main/first inspirations.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:55 pm

there was one picture of this track i saw in like some sort of comercial for irtl, and it looked like something alien, and ever since then i have been trying and failing to scene something of an outer world.

anyway, good choice rabid, i watch this every know and again in my down time, love it and anomoly 8D
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by CHiH Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:57 pm

This is one of my all-time faves as well Smile
CHiH
CHiH

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/user/system0101

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:57 pm

CHiH wrote:This is one of my all-time faves as well Smile

This ^. I remember watching this when it came out. i wasnt even a member here yet :P
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:27 am

chaomocha wrote:good choice rabid
It was a random number between 1 and 137 lol.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down