We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEON RIDER

+4
ScrungleBlumpkus
Sheldon
Apple
Helios Pavonine
8 posters

Go down

NEON RIDER Empty NEON RIDER

Post by Helios Pavonine Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm

spoiler alert:
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

NEON RIDER Empty Re: NEON RIDER

Post by Apple Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Wow, that was really cool. I think my favorite guy was probably yellow. I couldn't tell where they were looping (if they did at all) which I think added to it quite a bit. Great concept and execution though! Fun to watch.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:24 am

amazing
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:33 am

please post to reddit
too high to respond but neato do more this is what I think linerider is made for. I envision putting a lot of effort into form and structure into a track should be like. Easy to follow fluid motion accurately representing the music with enough repetition to keep it interesting. Too much variation of form is the bane of quirk.
I feel like up until maybe very recently, all it's been has been in the quirk world has been toying with new ideas and presenting them like once in a track and then just finding a certain stylish way to show off different cool tricks but that is only understood within the community, which is why it's become basically such a circle jerk of "dudes who know" and "dudes who just haven't studied hard enough because that's not how art is supposed to work/don't know". This does not need to have an extensive grasp on the history and technical mechanics of quirk to be understood. It speaks for itself and stands out very strongly as an idea for what I believe to be the direction the game should be taken.
I hope I drove home my point. I just have always believed this is what playing the game should be like. Using the game should end up in something with moving form and accessible meaning. I feel like I tried a little bit of that in Inhibitions but I really just ended up showing off cool tricks. I was too lazy ever since to implement playing quite the same way, I mostly just liked exploring and developing new ways to abuse the game. Lost track of the goal due to fixation.
I really like your track. I will probably edit my post in the morning.
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by Conundrumer Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:12 am

Your intention to "explore other media" is related to my motivation for this thread and this is kinda an execution of this concept I had. I'm happy that these ideas are being explored. I'll accept that this is just an experiment, but we can go much further. Keep looking into how other forms of media approach composition and expressivity.

ps:
if you're interested in music visualization, you should look into VJ software like Resolume

or maybe you want to procedurally generate visualizations, in which case, I'd recommend TouchDesigner

if you wanna dive really deep into this subject, chat with me Wink
Conundrumer
Conundrumer
Line Rider Legend

actually working on OII

Back to top Go down

Post by SquidTheCat Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Very cool idea! I love the synchronization!
Simple, but still mesmerizing.
Loved the whole thing!
Keep up the good work.
SquidTheCat
SquidTheCat

Check out my soundcloud account! Many songs used in my tracks are made by me, and can be found there. https://soundcloud.com/squid-the-cat

https://soundcloud.com/squid-the-cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:03 am

this is the first thing that came to mind when i saw this

i really loved this, its kinda hard to put into words but the whole thing is really cool and definitely something completely different
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanuman Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Loved it
Hanuman
Hanuman

Back to top Go down