We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

we all disagree - Ride Liner

+10
Helios Pavonine
FlagCapper
ScrungleBlumpkus
OTDE
Opal Rider
Apple
Sheldon
Rafael
anton
Ride Liner
14 posters

Go down

we all disagree - Ride Liner Empty we all disagree - Ride Liner

Post by Ride Liner Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:55 am

Ride Liner
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

we all disagree - Ride Liner Empty Re: we all disagree - Ride Liner

Post by anton Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:12 am

cool. glad someone else finally played around with well-strength! Also, very nice camera syncs! Smile
good track
anton
anton

cool

Community Pick: SYTYKC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:38 am

That recycle is ridiculous o.O I was seriously suspecting if you just looped the same clip at some point (were you? Suspicious). How did you do that?

Slick track. Really liked how you used the camera to your advantage. Also that feet fling was the coolest feet flight ever. Not sure why you gave it that name, though.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:30 am

that fling recycle is real D: D: D: D: D:
Can we look at the .trk?
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Apple Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:42 am

Holy crap that was amazing. I don't even think I could go into details because I would be naming every part in the track! It's apparent to me that you are revolutionizing Line Rider. Please keep doing this.
Apple
Apple

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:56 pm

It's amazing how deceptively simple this track is. It did an amazing job of stripping away most of the more complex tricks, while still being able to create something so incredibly mind blowing (Especially with those recycles, jeezus). Crazy stuff. Crazy different stuff. I like the ideas you're putting on the table, they're great inspiration.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:59 pm

I like that you are getting the community's gears turning in a more conceptual fashion. Love the experimentation here. I've got a lot to say about this track, can't wait for the QR on Saturday to fully flesh out my thoughts on this.

As always, appreciate the experimentation. There are bits I wish were more cohesive and some bits that fell flat for me (will explain fully in the QR), but I'm personally more interested in the action of experimentation itself rather than the result, so understand that I'm largely talking about staging your ideas when I'm referencing those "bits."

<3 this.
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Liner Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

Rafael wrote:That recycle is ridiculous o.O I was seriously suspecting if you just looped the same clip at some point (were you? Suspicious). How did you do that?
The recycling is real. I mainly just used standard recycling techniques: control Bosh's trajectory so that he re-enters the loop in about the same position/velocity as the first go-round, then use small lines whenever I have to course-correct.

The only thing "special" about it is that each well is actually 2 red lines in opposite directions to keep him from slowing down or speeding up too much. I don't actually know how much of a difference this actually made since I didn't try it with all blue lines.

Sheldon wrote:that fling recycle is real D: D: D: D: D:
Can we look at the .trk?
There's a download link in the YouTube description.

OTDE wrote:I've got a lot to say about this track, can't wait for the QR on Saturday to fully flesh out my thoughts on this.
Looking forward to it.

Ride Liner
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:35 am

Looked at the .trk, you are a nut case dude. That recycle has little to no stabilizers and I just don't how you got it to work so perfectly. It seems like luck.. Idk but I really did like the experimentation with power of chains. We have all been taught to make them as strong as possible, now that we aren't so strength centered it isn't an issue, and the effects you can achieve with them are nuts. You haven't ceased to amaze me, please keep making tracks, I want to see the boundaries pushed even further, and I am not capable of doing so...
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:51 pm

Sheldon wrote:Looked at the .trk, you are a nut case dude. That recycle has little to no stabilizers and I just don't how you got it to work so perfectly. It seems like luck.. Idk but I really did like the experimentation with power of chains. We have all been taught to make them as strong as possible, now that we aren't so strength centered it isn't an issue, and the effects you can achieve with them are nuts. You haven't ceased to amaze me, please keep making tracks, I want to see the boundaries pushed even further, and I am not capable of doing so...

Yeah you are, nobody has surpassed anybody. It's just a matter of motivation. Quirk game isn't a chalice passed from one family to the next, it's a torch lighting fires all along the way.

Meanwhile, I bet the red line recycle technique works a little like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku8BOBwD4hc
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by FlagCapper Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:06 am

Great as always! Puts my manual recycles to shame and the effects with the well strength were really cool too.

FlagCapper
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:18 pm

we all disagree?
no, no we don't Angry
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by OTDE Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:38 pm

QR: Nicely presented, w/ thoughts on the "why."
OTDE
OTDE
Administrator

the postham mindset

Community Pick: Braggadocio

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:34 pm

I might just like this track more than HAM.

Stuff I realized:
- Camera panning is very cool when you do it right (and you did!)
- Bosh moves in a rectangle in a loop :o
- Camera syncs. I didn't know they existed till now

Some aspects of what we watch usually remain unnoticed. Well done for making them obvious and you've definitely inspired me Smile
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by anton Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:09 pm

camera syncs are good because they are subtle and add something more to the experience without drawing any attention from what's going on
anton
anton

cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Anton wrote:camera syncs are good because they are subtle and add something more to the experience without drawing any attention from what's going on
in a lot of cases they make the track easier to follow too
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Anton wrote:camera syncs are good because they are subtle and add something more to the experience without drawing any attention from what's going on
in a lot of cases they make the track easier to follow too
True that.
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Phyxius Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:10 pm

This has to be the cleanest and most controlled line rider video I've ever seen.

Edit: I just saw HAM... What...
Phyxius
Phyxius

Back to top Go down

Post by TechDawg Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:17 am

Truly delightful! Inverted Onoz
TechDawg
TechDawg
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgan Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:04 pm

This was freaking crazy.
Morgan
Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:59 pm

after watching a few times, i thought id compile a few nit-picky things that i think could have improved the viewing experience

- the first fling loop slowly desyncs with the beat of the song, if it were one well larger i bet it would be perfectly on beat, it also would have better included the camera movement into the sync (further emphasizing the uses later on)

- i wish you had done more with the manuals, theres a lot of cool balance/power/positioning possible that could have added more variety to the track while fitting the aesthetic of power management

- the long hand fling ends up being nicely synced to the song, though the beginning of it was too sporadic to match up with really anything, and with the power management displayed in the track i feel like you could have gone the extra mile to sync it up better

in conclusion:
for how cool this track is, I think there are a lot of concepts that could have been showcased more, but the song did have a bit of a limiting factor by being so short. Also, these are the only few complaints I had, so don't take this comment the wrong way, every thing else was great Very Happy

Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Ride Liner Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:01 pm

OTDE wrote:QR: Nicely presented, w/ thoughts on the "why."
Chuggers wrote:after watching a few times, i thought id compile a few nit-picky things that i think could have improved the viewing experience

- the first fling loop slowly desyncs with the beat of the song, if it were one well larger i bet it would be perfectly on beat, it also would have better included the camera movement into the sync (further emphasizing the uses later on)

- i wish you had done more with the manuals, theres a lot of cool balance/power/positioning possible that could have added more variety to the track while fitting the aesthetic of power management

- the long hand fling ends up being nicely synced to the song, though the beginning of it was too sporadic to match up with really anything, and with the power management displayed in the track i feel like you could have gone the extra mile to sync it up better

in conclusion:
for how cool this track is, I think there are a lot of concepts that could have been showcased more, but the song did have a bit of a limiting factor by being so short.  Also, these are the only few complaints I had, so don't take this comment the wrong way, every thing else was great Very Happy

Thanks guys. Constructive criticism is always appreciated.

Ride Liner
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down