We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream

4 posters

Go down

[GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream Empty [GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:36 pm

Seeing as the instructions in the main WRTL Twitch Channel Master Thread aren't as detailed as possible / as I would like to see (the video linked in the megathread is decent at showing you what to setup but doesn't go into explaining why some things need to be the way they are, also some people rather read then watch when being shown how to do something) I decided to help out and make an in depth guide.

I will be going over every part of the settings for OBS that you will need to setup (a few pages I won't even cover due to them being personal preference on how you have them set up) in here so that you can try to get the best quality out of your stream for the viewers.

Encoding

Spoiler:

Broadcast Settings

Spoiler:

Video Settings

Spoiler:

Advanced Options

Spoiler:

With all of this you should be able to stream at the maximum quality that your PC and your internet speed will allow.

If you have any questions post them and I will try to get them answered for you.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

http://www.therevtastic.com

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream Empty Re: [GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream

Post by Chuggers Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:48 pm

I would recommend like 800-1200 bitrate and 720p for streaming lr, because its just black and white with the smallest details still being quite large

quality beyond that is not discernable
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

[GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream Empty Re: [GUIDE] Detailed Guide on how to Setup OBS to Stream

Post by TheRevTastic Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Chuggers wrote:I would recommend like 800-1200 bitrate and 720p for streaming lr, because its just black and white with the smallest details still being quite large

quality beyond that is not discernable

Very true unless you have the random streamer use their webcam which then it still really doesn't matter. I prefer to watch a stream with great audio and mediocre webcam quality over great webcam and mediocre audio.
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrungleBlumpkus Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

This is amazeballs
ScrungleBlumpkus
ScrungleBlumpkus

Interior Crocodile Alligator

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:57 am

*moved to help center*

should also be mentioned that this is windows-only

and I'm pretty sure (?) this is aimed at high-powered computers with good internet. My 2010 MacBook Pro will really only let me stream at a bitrate of like 400 without creating all sorts of problems
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRevTastic Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:45 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:*moved to help center*

should also be mentioned that this is windows-only

and I'm pretty sure (?) this is aimed at high-powered computers with good internet. My 2010 MacBook Pro will really only let me stream at a bitrate of like 400 without creating all sorts of problems

What type of CPU does your macbook have? Streaming itself is an intense strain on any cpu no matter what type of computer from low end to high end. That's why most big streamers now have 2 different PC's entirely. 1 to play the game on and do their day to day things and the other used just to capture the video signal from their gaming pc to their streaming pc via a capture card and to encode and stream what they are doing.

You're computer shouldn't be stopping you from streaming at the highest bitrate you possibly can. What's your upload speed?
TheRevTastic
TheRevTastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down