We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

+14
Nubcake
Wolf_Spirit
Rafael
Z_N-Freak
Lone Rocket
Purtle
StingDaFling
Lankher
LineMagiX
rabid squirrel
Cereal
MartinJulenissen
IGotGreasyBalls
Ktk
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] - - Page 2 Empty Re: - Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:48 pm

sure. flings is a big topic. @ sdf

@wolf, if you specify that a bit more.. I'll consider it. "Common Scenery" maybe?
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

- Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] - - Page 2 Empty Re: - Welcome to Line Rider [Community Project] -

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:57 pm

Actually, I'm already working on a scenery tutorial, completely unrelated to this, that covers like, everything about scenery except finding .sols and how .sols work. (gonna be 10 mins lol)

could I just incorporate that and add annotations at the end?

EDIT: I've written out about 6 pages of planning (xD) and here's what I will cover:
- Big Ideas (originality, have a vision)
- Scenery techniques (TechDawg and others)
- 3-D tips (shading, "shine", contour lines, extrusion)
- General Scenery Tips (consistency, environment, fill the space, don't hide scenery)
- Monuments (make it fit, placement, don't copy, good/bad examples)
- Making a huge project (reducing lag, saving, script errors, .sol corruption)
- Splitting a save (using an example, pretend my comp can handle 3k lines and the track will be 5k)
- Final Words (deadlines/goals/planning, iono, inspirational stuff)

Yeah, it's gonna be massive lol - I have the music and part of the intro done already though :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:14 pm

osh- i suppose you could just add annotations to the end, yeah. Expect a few tl;dw's though. XD

Someone still needs to introduce line rider. :| then ppt will finish his part, and link to rabid IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

I have a question for all of you: Should we publish all these in one day, or should we post it bit by bit? There are pros and cons of both. I'm thinking at least when we get 6-7 entries we start.

[This I like because all of IRTL gets legit credit, since it's not going all under one account, it's going on the person who made it. woop
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:20 pm

^ Do you have some kind of a deadline? It helps me get it done :P

(lolthatsinthescenerytutorialimmaking)

EDIT: and if they're too lazy to watch a ten minute video, they'll NEVER manage to fully scene a track, lol.

EDIT again: We should have someone do epic intro editing, like Hedge (xD)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Maybe. But we don't want to scare people away with epic stuff.. We need to keep it old-school (halcyon, makebelieve, sublime, etc.)

I gave PPT a deadline of 8/25. So I'll give it to you too. 8D
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by IGotGreasyBalls Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:50 pm

oh if its gonna be done fast and stuff then i don't have time.
IGotGreasyBalls
IGotGreasyBalls

https://dinnertrader.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Nope, you have plenty of time. That's the deadline for those two. you can take your time. DON'T LEAVE
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:25 pm

One week? geez, I better get going xD

And I meant epic EDITING, not epic tracks :P

Like, awesome editing. Like, "OMG I WANT TO PLAY LR NOW" editing 8D
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:22 pm

idk. editing might work. as long as it's not "omg line rider is so serious seriously"
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:31 pm

More like "omg line rider is so awesome awesomely"

and I'm a-movin this to Engaged Riding and stickying it.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:32 pm

I got org peeps to start on some parts.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubcake Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:49 pm

we could have a section for if they want to join the community, we could teach them how to properly evaluate a video and make a worthy response?
Edit: but thats only if they want to start becoming an active member here.

Ktk wrote:Because then they get to choose a path they want to pursue, and they can skip over things that don't interest them. :<

Also I thought dev's idea was cool and i wanted to implement it. We could have a string of paths for a person to choose. If you look at any given line rider video, the entertainment value (See Youtube Insight for this) decreases a lot at around 1-3 minutes into a video. IDK if it's blueplay or whatever, people don't keep their interest. If we make this interactive we'll retain their attention better.

This doesn't have to be super serious, we can have lols :|

@ Raf I was thinking about it, but then high speed manuals and integration manuals are, when it comes down to it, manuals. You can go over all styles of manuals in your manual tut, though. Start simple please. XD

@LR yeah, sort of. we could use clips from other tracks to highlight their use toooo.
then i should teach a section on how to make a post with no significance seem significant enough its not considered spam?.

but anyway we should have a section teachiong them to properly evaluate tracks.

Last edited by Nubcake on Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Nubcake Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:55 pm

Ktk wrote:osh- i suppose you could just add annotations to the end, yeah. Expect a few tl;dw's though. XD

Someone still needs to introduce line rider. :| then ppt will finish his part, and link to rabid IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER

I have a question for all of you: Should we publish all these in one day, or should we post it bit by bit? There are pros and cons of both. I'm thinking at least when we get 6-7 entries we start.

[This I like because all of IRTL gets legit credit, since it's not going all under one account, it's going on the person who made it. woop
we could do a thing, like at the start "eye of the Tiger"" starts playing, and then (in sync with the guitar) you show little clips of famous tracks and/or bosh in cool positions or something.

just an idea
Nubcake
Nubcake

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:47 am

I don't want newbies to grade videos. They can learn that if they come to IRTL. This is a "how to play" tutorial, not "how to not be hated" tutorial.

We could do such a thing seperately though.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:52 am

I want in, I want to do Upside down glitch and I'll do it Eep

I already have a tut for the upside down glitch i made back-in-the-day. I was the first one who found out how to do it this way, so i request this glitch (I'll redo it in a more mature way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdhM0Nvv-W4

SIGNUPSHEET
https://2img.net/h/i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc59/Bobobobone2/welcome2lr.png

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:37 pm

I was thinking the glitch person should do all the glitches. Upside down isn't that popular. :<

So you'd still have to do vibration glitch, color play, upside down, Shift+H freeze, teleport.

not so much I hope? :<
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 pm

I could do all of them.

(I forgot what shift+h does, i don;'t think it works in 6.7)

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:06 pm

Shift+H freezes line rider. It screws lots of people over. 6.2 and 6.1 idk about 6.3.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:11 pm

okayyy i can do all of the glitchs. Shift+H is not nessary tho. ctrl also fresses LR so do alot of other things lol.

but yes I WANTS TO DO GLITCHES

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:05 pm

in'd. check the front pic.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by Inukaza Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:50 pm

Sorry ktk, computer crashed, don have LR anymore (AGAIN, like the 5th fine this year i had to reinstall windows, need to computer ASAP So i cont do it

Inukaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Binglinerider Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Inukaza wrote:Sorry ktk, computer crashed, don have LR anymore

sounds familiar ;_;

yeah, i was about to get started on my part as well ktk, but you know
Binglinerider
Binglinerider

ayy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktk Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:46 pm

asdfgakergjh

So no one is done but Purtle.

Awesome. I'll do the introduction to line ryder, and some random box.
Ktk
Ktk

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm working on mine, but with the site moving and lots of stuff going on (and trying to get some old LR projects done) it's coming slowly. I've finished the first part though (Big Ideas)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:07 pm

So am i still suppose to not upload mine yet?
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next