We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread

+6
TCR
ACwazHere
Chuggers
Pawel3
efrazable
Fauxfyre
10 posters

Go down

Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread Empty Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Here you can suggest ideas for CotM and/or Mini-Contests. I originally decided on no brainstorming for the contest because of the possibility of people voting on not fun contests (which happened a few times), but I think people still like to submit ideas, which is fine, let's people get their ideas out, and lets me be more lazy when thinking of ideas :P

1) Suggest anything that can be a contest! As long as it's not too hard and sounds at least a little fun, it will be considered.
2) Things that need a vote or poll will probably be used for mini-contests.
3) Things with entries that can be scored on time, points, etc, will probably be used for CotM.
4) You can discuss ideas here too, if you think someone's idea can be improved, voice your opinion.

Here's a list of ideas (I gathered several of these from older brainstorm threads). Also remember that even if an idea you have has already been used in the past, there's no problem with doing it again Wink

CotM ideas
Spoiler:

Mini-Contest ideas
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shotoku on Thu May 02, 2013 12:57 am; edited 6 times in total

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread Empty Re: Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread

Post by efrazable Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:54 pm

Most recycles of a single X line.

Fastest time out of a spiral.

Fastest maze run with no gwells.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread Empty Re: Contest of the Month / Mini-Contest Brainstorm Thread

Post by Pawel3 Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:20 am

low gravity
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:06 pm

How about another maze contest, but you are allowed to line glitch this time
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Community Pick: SYTYKC
Community Pick: Form

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:31 pm

efrazable wrote:Most recycles of a single X line.

Fastest time out of a spiral.

Fastest maze run with no gwells.
1) Interesting, I like this idea
2) Neat maze idea
3) I think "no-gwell" is too vague atm to do a contest restricting them. I want to do this, but it seems like there would need to be really specific rules on what is allowed and what is not.
Pawel3 wrote:low gravity
Possible use as a maze contest and a mini-contest I think.
Chuggers wrote:How about another maze contest, but you are allowed to line glitch this time
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??? That defeats the whole purpose! Why do people keep suggesting that?

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by ACwazHere Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:30 am

I would really love a low gravity contest. The only thing I'm wary about is the quirkers can just take advantage of the fact that quirks are SO STRONG AND EASY and everyone else will be like "........." It should be a fun mini-contest (20s max or something, as it is a mini-contest). I don't think low-grav mazes would be particularly interesting. I think I'll take this idea and make a mini-contest for it later today with a due date of the end of the month. Also, I will present the idea of people sending me SOLs and I'll record/edit a video (like CotM) compiling all of the entries. People will want to upload their videos and get feedback, but I don't know. It would make deadlines and such arrive smoothly.

TL;DR Low gravity contest announced today. I suggest 20 seconds max. Let me know if you like the idea.

---

Maze run with no GWs/line glitching sounds awesome, to be honest. Particularly, a downward maze. However then people would just catch Bosh by tumbling on stray lines. If we make a downward maze where stray lines are forbidden (it's an easy concept to grasp, but hard to define explicitly. in essence, curves only. Or elevators. Y'know), though, it would make for many creative entries IMO. I just don't want it to be a contest where everybody will try to do the same trick.

I liked that one distance contest that we did a long time ago. We draw some obstacles and have some designated boxes in which you can draw lines. Get as far as you can. It might be cool to have another one of those some time.
ACwazHere
ACwazHere

fuck around and get dunked on

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm

Shotoku wrote:
Chuggers wrote:How about another maze contest, but you are allowed to line glitch this time
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy??? That defeats the whole purpose! Why do people keep suggesting that?

As long as the end point isn't close the the start point I think it would be fine
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by TCR Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:06 pm

how about: someone makes random manuals/flings etc. and you have to make a track where you use those.
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:16 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Shotoku wrote:

As long as the end point isn't close the the start point I think it would be fine
Maybe make the contest where you have to lineglitch in the maze, not where it's optional?

TCR wrote:how about: someone makes random manuals/flings etc. and you have to make a track where you use those.
I remember seeing a video for a contest like this on the old IRTL, I think it we could do it again Smile

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:31 pm

Shotoku wrote:
Chuggers wrote:
Shotoku wrote:

Maybe make the contest where you have to lineglitch in the maze, not where it's optional?

That would actually be pretty cool

too bad it would be harder for the less experienced guys
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:39 pm

Chuggers wrote:
Spoiler:
I actually am starting to like this idea. I'm thinking have a period to build up speed, then the maze will have parts where you have to lineglitch, meaning you either have to be good at maintaining speed around corners or building up speed quickly right before a line. You're right, it might be hard for less experienced people, but it of course wouldn't be too hard. The turns wouldn't be very sharp, only one to pass through at a time. We could perhaps have two options on the track, one with the lineglitching and one without, having each one scored separately... I might try to actually do this now Smile , what do you think?

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by theacp127 Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Not a bad idea. Although some people might need a reminder on how to line glich. *cough*me*cough*. They might have learned how before then forgot.
theacp127
theacp127

trying real hard

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm

theacp127 wrote:Not a bad idea. Although some people might need a reminder on how to line glich. *cough*me*cough*. They might have learned how before then forgot.
You just go fast, and if you go fast enough (about 25ppf minimum) then Bosh can go straight through some lines as if they weren't there. The speed required can vary depending on what position bosh is in compared to the line, and what angle the line is compared to bosh's direction, but given enough speed these won't matter. The lines to pass in the contest won't be stuck at any wonky angles, just to let everyone know Wink

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuggers Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Shotoku wrote:
Chuggers wrote:
Spoiler:
I actually am starting to like this idea. I'm thinking have a period to build up speed, then the maze will have parts where you have to lineglitch, meaning you either have to be good at maintaining speed around corners or building up speed quickly right before a line. You're right, it might be hard for less experienced people, but it of course wouldn't be too hard. The turns wouldn't be very sharp, only one to pass through at a time. We could perhaps have two options on the track, one with the lineglitching and one without, having each one scored separately... I might try to actually do this now Smile , what do you think?

I'm digging this idea

with a shovel
Chuggers
Chuggers

villainous quirker

Back to top Go down

Post by TCR Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Kramwood wrote:Nope it was for elr. Beta decline contest and whatnot
Yeah but my idea was, you are able to draw lines...
TCR
TCR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:44 pm

I am actually about done with my entry and also when are the entries due?
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm

Stallie wrote:I am actually about done with my entry and also when are the entries due?
Maybe look in the actually relevant thread instead of this one?
Here's the one you should be asking that in, but you shouldn't even have to ask it if you just read the thread -______-
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t8030-contest-of-the-month-22-march-track-in-a-box

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by LineMagiX Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:35 pm

lol stallie wins
LineMagiX
LineMagiX

The ghost of LR

Back to top Go down

Post by Stallie Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Shotoku wrote:
Stallie wrote:I am actually about done with my entry and also when are the entries due?
Maybe look in the actually relevant thread instead of this one?
Here's the one you should be asking that in, but you shouldn't even have to ask it if you just read the thread -______-
https://iridethelines.forumotion.com/t8030-contest-of-the-month-22-march-track-in-a-box

Oops, sorry about that shotoku, I was going to post that in the contest for march thread thing but instead I posted it in this thread. xD
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:39 pm

New idea: most intense 10-20s quirk using all the tools in our arsenal; music sync, trick naming, zooming in and out, etc.

Also: funniest line rider.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:56 pm

efrazable wrote:New idea: most intense 10-20s quirk using all the tools in our arsenal; music sync, trick naming, zooming in and out, etc.
Also: funniest line rider.
I'm not sure about these. Most intense quirk, many people aren't great at doing intense quirk tracks, but maybe if there were some guidelines or limitations, this could be a mini contest. What do you think AC?

Also not sure about funniest track, I think this (Link) will be pretty hard to beat.

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Pawel3 Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:31 pm

track with the most unfitting music xD
Pawel3
Pawel3

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Fri May 03, 2013 2:53 pm

"Etch-a-skecth" constest. Basically every line has to be connected to one another, but that doesn't mean you can't use scenery. Rules are simple:

30 seconds of whatever you want.
Limit of 50 green lines.
Unlimited red/blue.

Tracks will be submitted anonymously, scored by personal votes by community. Extra points awarded if less green lines are used. (1 vote = 10 points, 1 line less = +1 point)
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down