We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

重力 - roflmaoqwerty

+6
Chui Ninji
SETH
0wl3ye
BenWubbleyou
Fauxfyre
roflmaoqwerty
10 posters

Go down

重力 - roflmaoqwerty Empty 重力 - roflmaoqwerty

Post by roflmaoqwerty Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:44 pm

shameless youtube copypasta

Pronounced "juuryoku" and means "gravity" in Japanese. An experiment in all g-well trackmaking to prove that entertaining tracks don't have to be as strong as possible.

Hope you enjoy, please be sure to rate, comment, subscribe, give me your soul, etc., etc.

EDIT: Screenie of most of it, doesn't include around 20% of the last fling and the stall.
Spoiler:

Last edited by roflmaoqwerty on Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

重力 - roflmaoqwerty Empty Re: 重力 - roflmaoqwerty

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:49 pm

I like it. I can see some definite improvement from the beginning of this to the end. You should make a zoomed out image of the track, I'm curious what it looks like.
8/10

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by BenWubbleyou Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Loved it. I love how it was all G well but not insane. You could see what was happening!
BenWubbleyou
BenWubbleyou

Vancity

http://vimeo.com/vwcreativeco

Back to top Go down

Post by 0wl3ye Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Nice. I like your variation of your gravity wells and flow. Smile
0wl3ye
0wl3ye

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

I love this kind of track and this one is a very enjoyable track ! great
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Just watched it again and I still like it. I'll never complain about your weak wells again. You've proved you can use them well and it makes a great style for your tracks

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by Chui Ninji Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:33 pm

Oh my. This reminds me a lot of my fling quirk style, actually. xD The only thing that really stood out to me as bad was that every single one of your flings, Bosh wobbled. Flings are just like manuals, you want them to be nice and steady. Flings are generally easier to not have wobbly though. Also your grolls were.... lack luster.

Granted, the wobbliness and the meh grolls may have been a product of you trying to use weak wells "artistically" but.... urdoinitrongyou generally want sufficiently strong wells to take place of your "weak wells" and then have stupid strong wells here and there to accent. If you do it too weakly... it gets a bit too old school. And I don't mean that in a good way. <3*

Otherwise, I really like the transitions between each trick, as well as subtle air times here and there. I also liked the variety of tricks, and how you held them out long enough for the viewer to really appreciate them.

Keep making more. :] I like'em.

EDIT: *Cont. from 2nd "paragraph": You can relate the use of weak wells in gravity tracks to stop n' go tracks. A weak well/trick can be related to a stop, but what really make stop n' go great, is the "go" after the stop, not necessarily the stop itself (although it does play a part as well, just not in this particular analogy/relation)
Chui Ninji
Chui Ninji

Back to top Go down

Post by Opal Rider Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:33 pm

The word flowy describes your style of quirk down to the letter. Not once did I see him rotate faster that a few per second, nor was he jerked around to much. He just went in the exact direction you told him to, willingly, and without any sort of agonizing pain. Definately cool.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:46 pm

The hard review:
Spoiler:
However the flow was pretty dang awesome.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by pure5152 Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:24 am

ehhhh weak wells can be cool, but it really depends on the context. having weak wells for the entire track gets repetitive and boring after a while. tracks are cool when they are dynamic and fluctuating, having a constant flow and speed is like watching spokes in a wheel turn and turn and turn. hypnotizing? yes. thrilling? not really. In this regard I would much rather prefer votale's hard well stop-n-go than your weak well flowiness. however, this being my personal opinion, the track wasn't necessarily bad. Textbook wise it was pretty good, weak wells notwithstanding. I just didn't like it all too much. it didn't enthrall me the way more dynamic tracks do.
pure5152
pure5152

Back to top Go down

Post by Helios Pavonine Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:20 am

efrazable wrote:From hedge's thread about ASDFs and alt flings, anything that combines two wells alternating and facing the same direction is not an asdf. It's only one IF IT SPEEDS HIM UP, meaning if the wells are slightly diagonal in a way that slows bosh down, it's kinda not an asdf. Same goes for an alt fling, just because the wells make bosh's string (or other contact point) go up and down alternating doesn't make it an alt fling. It needs to somewhat increase his speed.
I'm trying to figure out:

1. when roflmaoqwerty said they were asdfs or alt. flings
2. why it matters
3. why you're telling him this without giving him actual advice to, in your so called world of perfect quirk, improve so he can make perfect asdfs and perfect alt. flings that perfectly speed him up and give a perfect perspective of how fun Line Rider can be

I thought it was very enjoyable to watch and it kind of reminded me of Cursive. Well done :P
Helios Pavonine
Helios Pavonine

2nd place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Please don't start an argument, I know it's a controversial track and idea but I don't want to be the guy that sparked a war.

I can do some pretty [censored] strong wells if I want to, it's just that I think that weak wells (used in the right places) improve my personal style. This track took that philosophy to the extreme, and I realize it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

I thought efraz's "hard" review was rather informative, even though I have a decent knowledge of asdf's and complicated fling/chain tricks, as well as a solid ability to execute them. If you wanted an inv-hand-alt-under-2nd-pos-foot-chain, this is not the track for you. I'm trying to challenge the notions that technical skill, while entertaining, isn't everything. Apparently, I'm losing.
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:47 pm

I like your style, always have :| Heck I'm pretty sure I voted for NSIMQ in TOC round 1

Fauxfyre

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm

shotoku wrote:I voted for NSIMQ in TOC round 1
Oh god what were you smoking
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Back to top Go down