We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty

+10
Sheldon
Jam
[senpai] kevans
efrazable
Fauxfyre
Yobanjojoe
Cereal
Opal Rider
Stallie
roflmaoqwerty
14 posters

Go down

Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty Empty Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Title is self-explanatory. I like my deadlines like I like my women ...erm, knots: loose.

Yeah, I know the credits are long and cheesy. I just wanted to sincerely thank all you guys for taking me under your wing as generously as you did, instead of dismissing me as just another noob. This track, to me, is a major step on my journey out of nubbiness.

As usual, criticisms are appreciated, just make them constructive. This is by no means a final step; I'm not giving up anytime soon, and I'm determined to become as skilled as I can.
or you can just give me admin and LCC now and spare the trouble later Hehe
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Dreadnips are amazing goddamn

https://www.youtube.com/user/SujiNoriteLR

Back to top Go down

Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty Empty Re: Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty

Post by Stallie Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:33 pm

That is a very long track, but need less to say the beginning was not bad, but when the middle to near end came up it seemed your skills have improved throughout the progress of those parts. Now for the most part the manuals where decent, nothing impressive, just try working on the smoothness of the curves. I also think your flings are pretty nice but just keep making your wells stronger, other than that it was a really neat track, keep it up. Wink
Stallie
Stallie

Back to top Go down

Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty Empty Re: Better Late Than Never - roflmaoqwerty

Post by Opal Rider Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 pm

While I could comment on the fact that the wells need to be stronger, in the back of my mind I'm sort of disagreeing with myself. I think part of the reasons why I liked the track was that it felt so.... flowy. It had a nice, smooth feel to the quirk that you never see very often anymore. So honestly, if I were to give my best advice, it would be to work on your manuals, and keep your quirk style as loose as your women.... erm... knots.
Opal Rider
Opal Rider

Aestetikally appealing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:16 pm

This track goes to show that you don't necessarily need to have every well as strong as possible to have an enjoyable track. Like Opal mentioned, it had surprisingly good flow.

A lot of your flings and chains were hit and miss. They were either done really well (especially your foot flings) or just sort of sloppy (like some of the hand flings/chains). Remember to be as consistant as possible. Try to also work on smoothing out the pressure in your nose manuals.

Overall, great track, you're certainly catching on quickly, and congratulations; it's a grandma. Smile
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:20 pm

It was a really nice manuquirk (I think that's what it was), all I can say was, he didn't get enough rotation in between airtimes.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:30 pm

I really like. Excellent flow, but you flings are kind of weak. right now you have them as just a random series of g-wells that causes them to not be very strong. If you try to make your flings as one well every other frame they look cleaner and are stronger. Can't wait to see how your tracks look as you improve further!

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Yobanjojoe Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:14 am

I thought I'd just point this out, you have to add a few million light years longer between my upload schedule and HG's for your signature.
Yobanjojoe
Yobanjojoe

swag

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:09 am

Two words, I liek.
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by [senpai] kevans Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 am

'Liek' isn't a word, silly Efarz
[senpai] kevans
[senpai] kevans

Stay in your coma

https://kevansevans.github.io/

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Cereal wrote:A lot of your flings and chains were hit and miss. They were either done really well (especially your foot flings) or just sort of sloppy (like some of the hand flings/chains). Remember to be as consistent* as possible.
Yeah, I got a little lazy with the hand flings after the highspeed part. I think that some of them were made in a rush to meet the ToC deadline, but I will make no excuses :|
Cereal wrote:Overall, great track, you're certainly catching on quickly, and congratulations; it's a grandma. Smile
Vagisil?
shotoku wrote:Excellent flow, but you flings are kind of weak. right now you have them as just a random series of g-wells that causes them to not be very strong. If you try to make your flings as one well every other frame they look cleaner and are stronger.
95% of the flings during and after the highspeed are every-other-frame, and trust me, I'm P.O.'d about the ones that aren't. This will be hopefully rectified in my current work.
kevansevans wrote:'Liek' isn't a word, silly Efarz
kvn, pls
Opal Rider wrote:I think part of the reasons why I liked the track was that it felt so.... flowy. It had a nice, smooth feel to the quirk that you never see very often anymore.
I'm glad you thought it was flowy, that's why I used the drumfunk. Next-level liquid dnb syncing maneuver.

Thank you all for your feedback. I have about 3 seconds of my next (quirk-heavy) track as of now. I don't hate manuals, manuals just hate me.

Last edited by roflmaoqwerty on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fauxfyre Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:37 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:
shotoku wrote:Excellent flow, but you flings are kind of weak. right now you have them as just a random series of g-wells that causes them to not be very strong. If you try to make your flings as one well every other frame they look cleaner and are stronger.
95% of the flings during and after the highspeed are every-other-frame, and trust me, I'm P.O.'d about the ones that aren't. This will be hopefully rectified in my current work.
Well, regardless a lot of them were still pretty weak, sorry if it was kind of hard to tell. No need to be P.O'd, you still made a very fun to watch track. I forgot to mention how nice your manuals are 8D

Fauxfyre

Featured Video: Blackheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jam Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Bro, that was smooth. Flow was killer, manuals were bliss. Keep this up.
Jam
Jam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Yes, the flings were weak, but acceptable. The only problem was the inverse hand and some nose flings, they fell apart because they were to weak. However the hand and foot flings flowed nicely and didn't need strength IMO. A real breakthrough in track making.
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by efrazable Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:36 pm

roflmaoqwerty wrote:
kvn, pls
I luv u. Cn we sex naw?
efrazable
efrazable

Durr I'm efraz herp derp

https://www.youtube.com/user/efrazable?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Great track! No seriously, you're improving fast.

regarding everyone's comments about the weak flings... go find ZNF's videos and watch them. and make some stuff like him. Most of us learned quirk through that style so that will probably help a lot. Also, you know how to stack right? to make wells stronger?
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TenorGuy Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:38 am

i enjoyed that quite a lot! nice track!
TenorGuy
TenorGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by roflmaoqwerty Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:06 am

efrazable wrote:
roflmaoqwerty wrote:
kvn, pls
I luv u. Cn we sex naw?
mebbeh
rabid squirrel wrote:go find ZNF's videos and watch them. and make some stuff like him. Most of us learned quirk through that style so that will probably help a lot. Also, you know how to stack right? to make wells stronger?
Yeah, I stacked a ton of wells. I know the recording is crap on this one, so it's kinda hard to tell, and I deleted the lower line on most of the stacks. I think the problem was that I would only stack once, and that I would usually settle with the first successful well I got.
I've watched the majority of ZNF's stuff, but now I'll do it with a more analytical eye. Sounds like a pretty good idea.
Sheldon wrote:The only problem was the inverse hand and some nose flings, they fell apart because they were to weak.
The inv. hand sucked, not gonna lie, I just kept it because I didn't know how to keep one going at the time. I've completed a handful more (all of which are stronger and smoother) as of now.
Oh god, I hope you didn't just comment because you thought I expected you to...

Thank you all for your feedback. Honestly I'm surprised that my flings are getting more crap than my manuals. Quirk track, coming up!
roflmaoqwerty
roflmaoqwerty

Back to top Go down

Post by SETH Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:14 pm

pretty nice , I always like see some good quirck and nice trick variation.
congrat
SETH
SETH

https://www.youtube.com/user/valentin721?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post by Xanth Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:55 pm

epic
Xanth
Xanth

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCehYWYJLIU_Y6e0Yw69pfrw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down