We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution?

+2
KillinTime2792
WTB
6 posters

Go down

13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution? Empty 13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution?

Post by WTB Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:39 am

Copied from Yahoo answers, and I replaced my kid friendly words with my true feelings, ie swear words.
I have never been so desperate for an answer to such a question you guys, and to show this, look at my signature. I am truly dedicated to finding the hell this error is.

-----------------
I am SOOOOO sick and tired of hearing this response over and over:
"Unsync your ENTIRE music library, and then resync"

That is complete bulls***. Yes, it fixes the problem, but only for that time. You're going to get that same error every single time you sync, and you're going to have to completely sync your entire library anytime you get a new song. That is a complete pain in the ass for people with lots of music on itunes
F*** that.
What if you had a problem with Windows opening up? If I said "You need to start up your computer TWICE anytime you want it to start up correctly" would you want to do that every time? Hell no!

I have been syncing my iPod nano perfectly every single time for the past month, and NOW, on this random day, I get the 13019 "infection"

I want to know, WHY!?
Why does this happen for no reason? Why does it happen at all!?

I just want to sync my iPod without having to wait 2 hours, is that so much to ask?

I have tried every single solution given to me, which are always the same:
Unsync your voice memos - I don't have any memos, and that option isn't even in itunes anymore
Try another account on computer - Doesn't work
Get latest version of iTunes - I've had it

PLEASE! Do you have a REAL solution for this?
No s****y answers please, I'm well aware of the resync fix, and have stated that already, do not tell me to do something that I have already covered. (They always do that in yahoo answers; you ask something, and people answer with something you already said doesn't work)

I thought I might ask here, where more computer savvy people dwell (don't be modest, you all know computers very well).

How does this relate to line rider? I couldn't find where else to post this, but it does relate, here's the segway:
I like listening to music, if I can get music on my iPod, I can listen to it more. If I listen to my music more, I can get a better idea of what music to put in my tracks, which IS line rider related so....yeah.
WTB
WTB

Back to top Go down

13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution? Empty Re: 13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution?

Post by KillinTime2792 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 am

are you just clicking the sync button? have you tried the manual sync (where you open the ipod in a seperate window in itunes, and click+drag all the new music onto it)

otherwise I'm stumped, I have way too much music to ever do a full sync so i never have.
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution? Empty Re: 13019: The iPod error, what's the REAL solution?

Post by rabid squirrel Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:44 am

just a note, please censor yourself by typing the first letter, we'll all get what word you mean. (I edited your post)

sorry I've never had this problem...
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by darklight Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 am

sorry if you've already tried this, but I'd suggest instead of unsyncing, you should restore it to factory settings, then resync it.

EDIT: also, wht I just did to fix a problem on my ipod was uninstall, then download, then re-install itunes. it wasn't for the same problem, but it's worth a shot maybe. =/
darklight
darklight

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfo9 Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:24 am

Why didnt you ask me?? Seriously, the answer is simple.

1. Upgrade your iPod to the latest firmware (not needed if it is already the latest)
  2. Make a full backup of your iPod's settings
  3. Restore your iPod (not from the backup)
  4. One you restore your iPod, restore it again from the backup
  5. Use your iPod error-free

One last note, if your iPod still doesnt work after all that, do not do steps 2 & 4
wolfo9
wolfo9

http://www.wolfgangschroeer-smith.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mhenr18 Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:17 am

Try deleting all caches and preferences for iTunes. I've got no idea where these are on Windows though.

One other random thing i'm thinking about is maybe try changing the iPod's name.

mhenr18

http://www.mhenr18.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KillinTime2792 Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:28 am

for windows users: C-Users-"Your username"-Roaming-Itunes

fairly sure it's there, but this sounds like more of a firmware issue.

also way to bump an old thread
KillinTime2792
KillinTime2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down