We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nose Job - Brandon971

5 posters

Go down

Nose Job - Brandon971 Empty Nose Job - Brandon971

Post by Brandon971 Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHbbXVoyDgw
I am definitely getting better, because every time I look back at my tracks I don't like them. Then the next part seems to be better yet.
Oh yeah, second track so far after about a month and a half

Last edited by Brandon971 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brandon971
Brandon971

Back to top Go down

Nose Job - Brandon971 Empty Re: Nose Job - Brandon971

Post by Lankher Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:40 am

How was this decent? it had little to no flow, pretty much no trick variety, and you went down/right most of the time, manuals were sloppy and your curves are not smooth.

Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon971 Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Lankher wrote:How was this decent? it had little to no flow, pretty much no trick variety, and you went down/right most of the time, manuals were sloppy and your curves are not smooth.

Thanks
Brandon971
Brandon971

Back to top Go down

Post by Orthuss Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:02 pm

I think I can kind of relate to you Smile Whenever I look at my old tracks, I do feel the same.
And you're getting pretty good at manuals! Just add some more tail manuals, and focus on making stuff more compact and flowing in all directions.
I'd have to agree with you on the parts that are better than the others. I do think this is a relatively decent manual track.
Orthuss
Orthuss

Walruss

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon971 Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Orthuss wrote:I think I can kind of relate to you Smile Whenever I look at my old tracks, I do feel the same.
And you're getting pretty good at manuals! Just add some more tail manuals, and focus on making stuff more compact and flowing in all directions.
I'd have to agree with you on the parts that are better than the others. I do think this is a relatively decent manual track.
Thanks for the feedback! I did take a look at some good manual tracks, and they seem to be a lot more compact than mine :P
Brandon971
Brandon971

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheldon Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:56 pm

Its like his second track lankher lay off >.>
Sheldon
Sheldon
Line Rider Legend

words have been said

Community Pick: SYTYKC
3rd place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.wordshavebeensaid.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon971 Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Sheldon wrote:Its like his second track lankher lay off >.>
That is true, I probably could have stated that.
Brandon971
Brandon971

Back to top Go down

Post by Lankher Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:33 am

When he says it's decent, i can tell him whatever the hell i feel like.

If he had just said "This is my second track guys" i wouldnt have said anything.

But don't act all [censored] pro just because you made a gravity well
Lankher
Lankher

Back to top Go down

Post by Brandon971 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Lankher wrote:

When he says it's decent, i can tell him whatever the hell i feel like.

If he had just said "This is my second track guys" i wouldnt have said anything.

But don't act all [censored] pro just because you made a gravity well
Yeah, In a way I could have expected this from you by not saying it was my second track.
Brandon971
Brandon971

Back to top Go down

Post by JoaTrades Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:47 pm

^ Lankher tends to say what he wants and not really care if people call him a troll or whatever. In a way it's actually admirable but he will probably end up saying a lot of stuff you don't like. He's usually just being honest although he's not as gentle as some people would be. Don't let it bother you.

As for the track is was okay for a second release I guess.

I could see that you tried to make smooth curves and some were pretty good but remember the shape of the curve is just as important as how smooth it is.

I felt the track was a bit on the slow side and that may have contributed to the bad flow.

Next time try to be a little more creative, we've all seen nose manuals and basic flings used hundreds of times, try to add in more interesting tricks and try to use the basic ones in more unusual ways.

I liked the music a lot but it felt like it had no business being played over that track. It didn't sync well or set a good tone for the track. That music made me think of a prog. quirk or something high speed. Try to pick music that sets the proper mood for the track.

The editing was nothing special or even good to be honest. Also not that showing a colored version is necessary but when the track is this short it helps the video feel more complete.

JoaTrades
JoaTrades

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down