We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Summoning
Purtle
linerage
TigerXLine
Cereal
rabid squirrel
Wizzy
hypothet
Rafael
MartinJulenissen
Kohuda
iPi
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

.,. Empty .,.

Post by iPi Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Last edited by iPi on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 am; edited 4 times in total
iPi
iPi

Manualologist

Back to top Go down

.,. Empty Re: .,.

Post by Kohuda Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

That's pretty close to my story of WRtL, exept the powermenu part.
Regardless, I still respect, envy and like you, iPi.
Cheating or no cheating.

And promotions was pretty much about community, not about tracks. Through certain members were good at both.

Last edited by Kohuded on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by MartinJulenissen Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 pm

imo you deserve a rank higher than member (if its possible tho, member is a pretty nice rank)
MartinJulenissen
MartinJulenissen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafael Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:10 pm

I don't care you traced your curves. I don't care you used Powermenu. Instead of being disappointed in you, I am amazed you ended up being honest about it, even though it was long ago. You're a really pure member, and you have your heart at the right place. I love you. <3
Rafael
Rafael
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:17 pm

Fail. Not in the way that you acted or anything, but in the way that you think you suck.

I think you're fine. I also think that it wasn't right to do what you did. I don't care about it, though, because you TOLD people about it. Just now. If I figured it out by my own means and you never revealed it, I think that I would have less of a respect for you. However, all of this is in the past.

You will, of course get the trophy removed and all, but that's just because you didn't quite make it fully on LR.

I still like you. You're still a kind person.

Just don't do it again and move on and learn to do better next time. It's all anyone can do. Make an effort.

Get promoted sometime in the future.

If you stay on and look at this even t a year from now and you are promoted and you have made an improvement, I applaud you.

If not, it would be completely up to you, and if you look at this event a year from now, you could be wondering what would happen if you did make that effort, but I can't choose for you, really.

However, I'm a mod on ELR and I have to give you the opinion that the only REAL advantage is having a RankedBox.

Good luck.

--HG42

EDIT: My view compared to everyone else's makes me feel like a jerk. ;_;
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:20 pm

HG42 wrote:Fail. Not in the way that you acted or anything, but in the way that you think you suck.

I think you're fine. I also think that it wasn't right to do what you did. I don't care about it, though, because you TOLD people about it. Just now. If I figured it out by my own means and you never revealed it, I think that I would have less of a respect for you. However, all of this is in the past.

You will, of course get the trophy removed and all, but that's just because you didn't quite make it fully on LR.

I still like you. You're still a kind person.

Just don't do it again and move on and learn to do better next time. It's all anyone can do. Make an effort.

Get promoted sometime in the future.

If you stay on and look at this even t a year from now and you are promoted and you have made an improvement, I applaud you.

If not, it would be completely up to you, and if you look at this event a year from now, you could be wondering what would happen if you did make that effort, but I can't choose for you, really.

However, I'm a mod on ELR and I have to give you the opinion that the only REAL advantage is having a RankedBox.

Good luck.

--HG42

EDIT: My view compared to everyone else's makes me feel like a jerk. ;_;

You didn't have the dream of getting a 1/3 part of a mod promotion stuck in the back of your head for 2 years.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 pm

I think it's obvious what we must do :| make more non track maker ranks. PPT managed to get mod and what not and that's good for him. But I think we should also add something for the people who aren't as amazing at track making as everyone else.
Of course I don't expect staff to actually accept this idea though xD
"NO WIZZY WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY RANKS GTFO"
"D:"
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:27 pm

Wizzy wrote:I think it's obvious what we must do :| make more non track maker ranks. PPT managed to get mod and what not and that's good for him. But I think we should also add something for the people who aren't as amazing at track making as everyone else.
Of course I don't expect staff to actually accept this idea though xD
"NO WIZZY WE ALREADY HAVE TOO MANY RANKS GTFO"
"D:"

I go all for that stuff too. xD
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:29 pm

But, promotions already aren't about track making skills. .-.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:31 pm

But, not in the way that Wizzy was talking about. .-.
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by Kohuda Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Oh, silly me.
Kohuda
Kohuda

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:56 pm

promotions period cause this kind of thing. it's why we got rid of power rider.

I guess I'll remove the trophy. why DIDN'T you draw that in lien rider? It seemed like an epic idea, I don't see why it would be that hard to execute.

you know what, nvm. I'm letting you keep it. Your ingenuity got you that trophy, not the cheating part.

also, conundrumer traced a circle in O2B before he made a granual on it. You deserve as much shame as he does (which is none)
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:02 pm

I feel ya, iPi. Plus I honestly don't care about you cheating on those circular curves, I actually already knew that you were cheating from the start! Hehe It's not humanly possible (Unless you're fricken Ram Tzu) to have constant curves that are that smooth fyi.

I have a similar story, though. When I first joined IRtL, I was excited that I would be able to communicate with other people without using youtube. A few weeks later, I realized that so many people were ranks such as power, elite, LCC, etc. My goal was to someday become powah (because puke colored names are ftw). Right before IRtL went down for the first time (Like, that one time is was down for a week after april fools day), I knew that I was close to getting that power promotion someday. But when IRtL went back up, the staff did a major noob move. They removed power, and my hopes of being anything was crushed and head-butted into oblivion. I still remained active though, because I later realized that I liked the way I was, a member, and idrc about ranks anymore. (Although I was an "awesome member" which is useless xD).

And a week or so I did manage to get LCC somehow. Somehow... Suspicious
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wizzy Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:55 pm

YOU USE POWERMENU?! WTF THATS CHEATING YOU SHOULD GTFO

I used powermenu to draw masterchief, sasuke, and altair :| IMO theres nothing wrong with using it (i suck at it anyway) I don't know how using something that helps you to draw is considered cheating. Tattoo artists do it with every piece of art they make. Well almost every piece of art anyway. But theres honestly nothing to be ashamed of if you do keep using it.

edit: not saying you will keep using it im just saying if you do keep using it.
Wizzy
Wizzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TigerXLine Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

You have your head in the wrong direction. When you want to make stuff that blow peoples mind (wich takes time), you need inspiration, strength, will to do it (without cheats).

You haven't actually explained why you wanted to be promoted so badly. Why do you want a coloured name?

You don't have to answer that question.

I'm glad you have ended this..... but don't leave. We have a great community. We discuss a lot. Makes fun-threads and stuff. Everything isn't serious. If you are afraid of what we might think about you, then don't be. We haven't met eachother. Ugly said: Many of us would not even be affected if someone got in a bad situation or something (with this I mean in our own lives).

Thanks for sharing Ipi" Wink

TigerXLine
TigerXLine

I used to play Line Rider and be weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:47 pm

I don't know what is power menu, i don't care about power menu, i don't care if you're a "cheating, lying person who doesn't deserve respect", but i do care that you had the courage to say it. But I also care that you didn't take your situation optimistically. You could've just said, "[I am a potty mouth] powermenu, i want to make a real track." instead of "sigh~~ i used powermenu, i'll never actually improve on lien rider". It just shows how you are very negative in life, and drags other people down. If you got that out of the way, you would become very successful Thumbs Up

Also, i +repped you for this confession because you're going one step towards the right set of stairs.
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by Cereal Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:06 pm

rabid squirrel wrote:promotions period cause this kind of thing. it's why we got rid of power rider.

I guess I'll remove the trophy. why DIDN'T you draw that in lien rider? It seemed like an epic idea, I don't see why it would be that hard to execute.

you know what, nvm. I'm letting you keep it. Your ingenuity got you that trophy, not the cheating part.

also, conundrumer traced a circle in O2B before he made a granual on it. You deserve as much shame as he does (which is none)

Yeah, and actually, conun deserves >9000 times more shame for never finishing O2B scened :facepalm:
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 pm

^ you mean never finishing O2
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Purtle Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 am

mfw I have mod but haven't done much LR-wise and I'm mod
(multiple faces this time just cuz)

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

also, xrider did not release his first track until quite a while after he was mod. lulz.

Sorry, I had to do that.

Anyways, was not expecting that you did powermenu. A little disappointed tbh, but oh well I suppose.
At least you admitted it.
Purtle
Purtle

ppt [retired mod]

4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.hiddenheartpiece.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Summoning Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:20 am

At least you were honest. It seems to me no one really cared that you cheated. But like wizzy said, it helps you draw, so I don't know why that's considered cheating.
Summoning
Summoning

Back to top Go down

Post by linerage Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:11 am

T_T you deleted your tracks, you really are an emo sunavabiz. I liked your tracks you know, and i don't care if it was made by powermenu or not.

EDIT: tbh, i think you're a little sadistic. I'm not flaming you, just my thought, feel free to say "damn biznatch i aint no satan brotha"
linerage
linerage

Back to top Go down

Post by rabid squirrel Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:38 am

^ I second this. you can apologize without being egocentric.
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpinator Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:20 am

I really think it's awesome of you, to stand up and tell all the stuff you have done Smile

I think all the others said it all.

If you get elite (not saying you maybe won't), will you then stay? Very Happy
That would be awesome.
Derpinator
Derpinator

Back to top Go down

Post by Smitsy Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Im a little dissapointed with the powermenu stuff, but i just want to recap the things that amazed me without you cheating (or so i hope):

First ever 'line animation' which was very good line animation aswell.
Memorized pi to something places
A 'line add' in the middle of a track. So original. Genius idea.
Best clan name ever. (???)
Actually balancing all those circular manuals extremely well. Takes more skill than drawing them imo.

SO that cancells most of it out imo. In my book, your the most original person ive ever met. I have no idea how you think of some of the stuff you think of, but its awesome and so are you. kthxbai
Smitsy
Smitsy

Back to top Go down

Post by StingReay Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:13 pm

Kohuded wrote:But, promotions already aren't about track making skills. .-.

I, for one, disagree that they are at all about community either. To me, activity =\= post count. To me activity = post QUALITY. Explains how I was able to get a mod position at a fairly popular Pokemon forum (no I don't mean Serebii or PokeBeach -- I'm talking about Acanthite) with under 1000 posts -- I have 730-something there, many of them are quality, relevant posts to the topics they are in. Post count is just a number and shouldn't be a deciding factor in promotions. Nobody there is as freakish (for lack of a better term) as Purtle in regards to post count -- the highest PC is Kudamon with around 2300, same as Hedge I believe. Funnily enough, he's also an admin. XD I don't have the highest post count on the planet there, but my PPD is around 1, which is still nothing compared to Purtle's ~10 on IRtL.

What I mean to say is that in my mind, you can have as many posts as you want, but the deciding factor should be the quality of your posts, not the number.

But bye iPi, if I ever get old LRHQ running again, drop on by!
StingReay
StingReay

http://www.rennervate.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum