We Ride the Lines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare

+3
Cereal
Ktk
rabid squirrel
7 posters

Go down

Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare Empty Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare

Post by rabid squirrel Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Welcome to video of the week, where I pick a random video from my exceptional playlist and talk about it in depth Very Happy

I'm trying out making a new thread each week, as last week's video was completely unnoticed.

----------

THIS WEEK'S VIDEO: #79

ChooChoo by Eachare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwyFwpQrRPM

Oh the irony. ChooChoo just passed round 1 of ToC3, barely. By one vote. And here I am to talk about how amazing this track is xD Random.org must like irony.

This is further ironic by the fact that I basically missed ChooChoo's release. I had honestly never heard of Eachare. I first heard about it when it was entered in MOTW but I don't think I actually watched it until someone suggested it for the Exceptional LR Playlist, as you can see here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:H8yCQSqevAgJ:www.iridethelines.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D37109%26page%3D7+site:www.iridethelines.com+choo+choo&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a
aspi and ZNF convinced me to include it though :P
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Fjw__PDjX3wJ:www.iridethelines.com/forums/showthread.php%3Fp%3D525295+site:www.iridethelines.com+choochoo&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Ok, I'll tell you all I can come up with. It was released November 2008, shortly after ToC2, towards the end of the FlagCapper era and before the Hedgehogs4Me era. It was received well on youtube and on .org, as you can see:
http://www.linerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=34473
I can't find the IRTL thread with google cache (or maybe he didn't make one and that's why I missed it)

Hedgehogs4Me, aspi33, and Z_N-Freak have ALL named this track as one of their favorites. There's a fact for you.

My best effort to try to explain why this video is awesome would be.... This is a progressive quirk, with style, flow, and soul. Eachare managed to make one of those rare tracks that I like to call a "true quirk" - it's fun to watch because you have no idea what's going to happen next, the guy makes lots of sudden movements. But this track somehow does that, AND adds a fluid quality to the whole thing. Maybe it's the music or the motion blur, but I feel like this is one of the only tracks I've ever seen that manages to flow so smoothly while still being "quirky".

Hope my explanation isn't too terrible :P Here are some quotes from people more knowledgeable than me:
aspi33 wrote:This is the best track every!
Sad not everyone has seen it :/
It should be SO EXTREMELY more known!
aspi33 wrote:Alltime best quirk
with a WIDE range!

nowadays quirks don't have a chance in the sea against this beautiful masterpiece

you've won the game, and are still winning it, and will continue winning it

this track is The Quirk
MagiX/boo wrote:Still amazing.
Vail wrote:innovative stuff! Even though I never play, don't think that I will miss any of your videos.
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:This could possibly be the best quirk ever made.
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:Come on, I challenge you to name one quirk that's better than this.
Hedgehogs4Me wrote:This has way more soul than [Omniverse 2 Beta]
SPL4SHZ0N3 wrote:Omg.

This is... Beautiful.
Conundrumer wrote:the flow was friggen awesome
From all that information, I think we can deduce that this is one of the most underrated quirks ever. It certainly has grown on me :P
rabid squirrel
rabid squirrel

I'm the artsy person round here

Community Pick: Braggadocio
3rd place in Tournament of Legends 4th place in Tournament of Legends

http://www.benjaminharveydesign.com/

Back to top Go down

Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare Empty Re: Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare

Post by Ktk Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I loved this track.
Ktk
Ktk

4th place in Tournament of Legends

Back to top Go down

Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare Empty Re: Rabid Squirrel's Video of the Week #3 - ChooChoo by Eachare

Post by Cereal Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:27 pm

yeah, I was surprised at how it barely passed round 1 xD

I guess noobs to this site have probably never seen it before and thought it was just some typical quirk.

But I love this track because it has nearly perfect flow and awesome tricks combined.
Cereal
Cereal
Line Rider Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by hypothet Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:03 pm

I VOTED FOR IT! I think... Suspicious
hypothet
hypothet

don't read this

Back to top Go down

Post by chaomocha Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:52 pm

i dont think i voted for this one... Suspicious BUT IM NOT SURE

EITHER WAY IT DOES DESERVE THIS RECOGNITION, IM JUST REALIzING I HIT CAPS LOCK AND IM TOO LAZY TO RETYPE THIS... so yeah

anyway recognition, yeah, probably the coolest thing for this track was the music syncing. the song didnt really start until the track was over, ironic imo and one of the only vids ive seen it happen in. just another way to think outside the box i suppose. good work eachare... where ever you are Suspicious
chaomocha
chaomocha

Back to top Go down

Post by EAwazHere Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:51 pm

ty guys Smile

EDIT: oh btw rabid, i did make a thread on IRTL as well

EAwazHere

Back to top Go down

Post by aspi33 Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:32 pm

My all time favourite quirk. Period (#2) :|
aspi33
aspi33
Line Rider Legend

4th place in Tournament of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/aspi333

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down